Paul Pewitt @ Mt. Vernon

MVFAN1

3 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

I agree they are good. But are they Grandview or malakoff good?

I’m not claiming that quite yet. Our RB is out for the season and we have to be able to establish some type of run game against great defenses. But I would call them a top 10 team in the state for sure. Possibly top 5 

32 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

I’m not claiming that quite yet. Our RB is out for the season and we have to be able to establish some type of run game against great defenses. But I would call them a top 10 team in the state for sure. Possibly top 5 

Im kinda in this camp here. I no doubt think they are very good BUT, with 10 going down that will keep them from having that solid running game to compliment the passing game. At some point a team will actually play a little bit of defense against them in the secondary and then i want to see how they conjure up some semblance of a running threat. 

12 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Im kinda in this camp here. I no doubt think they are very good BUT, with 10 going down that will keep them from having that solid running game to compliment the passing game. At some point a team will actually play a little bit of defense against them in the secondary and then i want to see how they conjure up some semblance of a running threat. 

I think briles will come up with something. Might need to move one of those recievers they are pretty quick

Ive thought  a little more about this and have formed this synopsis. So last year the Tigers had a stud running back and potent running game with good qb play for a few weeks. Obviously when the boys were ruled ineligible, they lost that threat of passing and ultimately couldnt overcome that deficiency. Fast forward to this year and you have your unquestioned stud of a qb playing freely and your stud rb returning. Then disaster strikes with the big guy going down for the season. Its almost like a reverse scenario of last year in a sense. The questions about that loss in the backfield were soundly answered last night albeit against a poor secondary. Im intrigued to see the growth they are able to have in that area moving forward as the competition stiffens up in district and beyond. At some point those receivers wont be just running down the middle of the field like their frolicking in the park as they were last night so a running threat will have to be established.

10 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Ive thought  a little more about this and have formed this synopsis. So last year the Tigers had a stud running back and potent running game with good qb play for a few weeks. Obviously when the boys were ruled ineligible, they lost that threat of passing and ultimately couldnt overcome that deficiency. Fast forward to this year and you have your unquestioned stud of a qb playing freely and your stud rb returning. Then disaster strikes with the big guy going down for the season. Its almost like a reverse scenario of last year in a sense. The questions about that loss in the backfield were soundly answered last night albeit against a poor secondary. Im intrigued to see the growth they are able to have in that area moving forward as the competition stiffens up in district and beyond. At some point those receivers wont be just running down the middle of the field like their frolicking in the park as they were last night so a running threat will have to be established.

We will know more about MV when they play Pottsboro but I think they are very solid. Y’all are going to have a rowdy district. 

1 hour ago, chevyman said:

The RB doesn’t have to get 100 yards per game in their offense.  He just needs to be effective at getting positive yards as an alternative to the QB run or pass.  They had a little RB that was on JV to start the season that reminds me of Darren Sproles.  He is capable of making some explosive plays but he is undersized.

2 hours ago, chevyman said:

They didn't look to bad when they had 44 and 3 rotating with the power and speed. I might would even say 15 might would be good to have some plays with him in the back field

Toll yall,after all that bs from last year settled out an briles could get down to some serious coaching,he would introduce mv to professional quality instruction,mix in moderate talent that is coachable and the mixture could and probably would be contender worthy. I still say that with minimal breaks that mr briles can put mv at Jerry’s house and the instruction these kids are getting is D1 quality and seldom found outside the collegiate scale.jmho ✌️

• Like 1