Daingerfield 1-1 @ Sabine 2-0

Bclove05

3 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Y'alls coach didn't use the Jeff Traylor handbook bruh, I'm telling ya. In 2014 when they won it all he had 3 QBs on the roster that coulda started on any team in the district....one from Troup, one from Salado, one from Bullard. 👀👀👀

Don’t bring that mess up lol

26 minutes ago, mvtigerbacker said:

Guess that would make him eligible after quarantine 

It's clearly a transfer for athletic purposes. Instead of living 2 minutes from HS school he now lives 5 minutes from HS school. He didn't have to transfer just because he is gonna move in with his dad. Wonder if it is gonna get looked at closely to see if DF coaches played a role in this. I can't imagine letting down my teammates and going to one of your biggest rivals. Great player but apparently a bad teammate

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brahmaball said:

Hope that the boy just wanted to live with his father. Cause this could get nasty for the boy and the program.

He could easily live with his dad and stay at HS. It's about a 3-5 min time difference to HS. It's clearly for athletic purposes.

2 minutes ago, Brahmaball said:

Is hs able to do that? Idk much about rules when it comes to this stuff

All transfers previous coach has a box to check on if it was for athletic purposes. Gets checked yes it goes to DEC. If denied then goes to UIL. UIL usually doesn’t (and hasn’t this year) overturn DEC decision. All this takes time. Plus technically he should be quarantined since he was recently at HS. Hope this doesn’t cause DF to have to be quarantined. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

All transfers previous coach has a box to check on if it was for athletic purposes. Gets checked yes it goes to DEC. If denied then goes to UIL. UIL usually doesn’t (and hasn’t this year) overturn DEC decision. 

Thank you and seems like that could take a while to sort through all that

17 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

All transfers previous coach has a box to check on if it was for athletic purposes. Gets checked yes it goes to DEC. If denied then goes to UIL. UIL usually doesn’t (and hasn’t this year) overturn DEC decision. All this takes time. Plus technically he should be quarantined since he was recently at HS. Hope this doesn’t cause DF to have to be quarantined. 

Its not hs that has the cases of rona. Its winny. 

2 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Then why did HS cancel? Winny was ready to play this week and next. HS refused. 

Because winny has CONFIRMED cases and HS game for next week was already canceled because Tatums situation. Why would HS risk their kids getting this plannedemic and be shut down more time? Im going to say this 1 more time. HS DOESNT HAVE CASES. WINNSBORO DOES.

59 minutes ago, Fblife13 said:

Well I'm happy about it. Dont be mad cause the kid wants to live with his dad.no one can sit here and say 100%for sure they know why he moved. 

Kid could live with his dad and still play at HS. Like was posted, not a issue of district. 

25 minutes ago, Brahmaball said:

Thank you and seems like that could take a while to sort through all that

Unfortunately most DECs dont have the intestinal fortitude to stand up and do what they know is right.  They will just roll over and stamp him eligible after his 15 days from the first day of enrollment (today) is up. They dont want the hassle. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Brahmaball said:

I seen somewhere else that HS isn't releasing the kid to be able to play ball for df?

As Eagleborn has stated there is a process for determining eligibility.  After enrolling in DF the DF coach will initiate the PAPF (Previous Athletic Participation Form).  It is an electronic form and will go to the player’s father for info, then the previous school eligibility coordinator, previous school coach, new school eligibility coordinator, then DEC.  

I highly doubt the DF coach initiated the PAPF today as I’m sure he expects this to be a tough approval under circumstances.  Might be good to get your ducks in a row for best chance of approval.  I also highly doubt the previous coach would publicly state he would not sign off on the transfer, especially when It appears he had larger issues going on this afternoon.  This will play out over at least two weeks as the earliest he could be eligible would be 15 days from today unless DEC signs off on it earlier which they likely won’t.

• Thanks 2

Honestly I’ve been on the end where the kid never stepped foot in HS, but as soon as the HS coach found out that he lived in HS, they called the UIL to get him there. This is facts. Had been in another school for almost a year. As soon as he was ready to play against them. They called in.