KILGORE VS ALVARADO

kildog84

THOUGHTS ! ------DEFENSE STILL LOOKED NICE WITH SPEED AND AGGRESIVENESS, BUT ITS STARTING TO LOOK LIKE WE ARE SETTLING IN ON THE SAME RUN HEAVY OFFENSE THAT WE ALWAYS HAVE . WE HAVE SOME REALLY TALENTED RECEIVERS THAT WILL GO GET THE BALL , WHY NOT USE THEM AND HELP OUR BACKS OUT A LITTLE . I THINK THIS TEAM CAN CONTINUE TO PUT UP WINS AS LONG AS WE KEEP FROM GOING ONE DIMENSIONAL .

Kilgore problem is the offensive lines doesnt block the middle well at all, Kilgore will literally run the ball in the middle 15 times. The QB looks to have a little speed wont use that, and he can throw the ball and they dont use that. Kilgore will run the same 11 on defense practically the whole game, so second half the defense gets worn down. Especially when the offense isnt moving the ball. Team is talented, I just dont think the play calling is thay good.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HJR7 said:

Kilgore problem is the offensive lines doesnt block the middle well at all, Kilgore will literally run the ball in the middle 15 times. The QB looks to have a little speed wont use that, and he can throw the ball and they dont use that. Kilgore will run the same 11 on defense practically the whole game, so second half the defense gets worn down. Especially when the offense isnt moving the ball. Team is talented, I just dont think the play calling is thay good.

I agree 

2 hours ago, KildogDad said:

Going with the Bulldogs. Alvarado gets blown out by two heavyweights and Decatur is ranked just above Kilgore in Maxpreps.

The Kilgore Oline is still a work in progress. When #5 has time to pass, he has plenty of guys who can catch the ball.

Yes he does , there is a good mixture of receivers available for sure and now is the time to be getting the timing polished . I honestly think our receivers are some of the best in our area they just have to use them and our QB has a arm that can get it done , I just think he needs the confidence that comes with repetition. 

• Like 2

I agree with Kilgore not utilizing those receivers enough. You can tell when they start running the ball well the OC just stays with the run until it's a 3rd and long and then he calls a pass play when everyone in the stadium knows it's going to be a pass. I really hope these coaches use the talent they have on the field offensively anyways. The D is looking really good those young men play lights out if our O could help them out Kilgore is going to be a hard team to beat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhoamI97539 said:

I agree with Kilgore not utilizing those receivers enough. You can tell when they start running the ball well the OC just stays with the run until it's a 3rd and long and then he calls a pass play when everyone in the stadium knows it's going to be a pass. I really hope these coaches use the talent they have on the field offensively anyways. The D is looking really good those young men play lights out if our O could help them out Kilgore is going to be a hard team to beat.

Exactly !

Kilgore was 14 for 26 in passing against Carthage so they can pass...I think they didn't pass as much against Terrell because for the most part we were getting 5-6yds per carry running the ball....heck we pretty much had the ball the entire 3rd qtr and Terrell for the most part was never a threat against the D...I agree I still think we should mix it up more even though you are running the ball well...but honestly I cant see these coaches getting away from something thats working...they will only throw it as much as they feel is needed...always have 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 8:37 AM, HJR7 said:

Just a few years ago, Kilgore had a D1 WR and rarely threw the ball to him. (Hes at OK St.) So I wouldn't expect much passing. They like being predictable. 

I still think about that often myself .

On 9/6/2020 at 12:27 AM, kildog84 said:

THOUGHTS ! ------DEFENSE STILL LOOKED NICE WITH SPEED AND AGGRESIVENESS, BUT ITS STARTING TO LOOK LIKE WE ARE SETTLING IN ON THE SAME RUN HEAVY OFFENSE THAT WE ALWAYS HAVE . WE HAVE SOME REALLY TALENTED RECEIVERS THAT WILL GO GET THE BALL , WHY NOT USE THEM AND HELP OUR BACKS OUT A LITTLE . I THINK THIS TEAM CAN CONTINUE TO PUT UP WINS AS LONG AS WE KEEP FROM GOING ONE DIMENSIONAL .

All caps button is on left.