Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Celina(0-2) vs Argyle(2-0) Week 3/Rivalry Game


Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

Regal, you're making me hungry. You had me at breakfast tacos.

Yeah......those breakfast tacos had me in the kitchen this morning at 7 am........and a cold glass of milk (1% for me) to down them all hit the spot.  It's Football Friday, folks!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Regal, every year you say the same thing. Trap game, trap game. This game will not be close. I don’t care how good Celinas D is they will not stop this Argyle team. You just seen one of the best Defen

I was referring to the Argyle poster.......not you.  They are the ones that may not appreciate those years Argyle struggled to get to where they are now as a program.

Those were bad teams. 

5 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Yeah......those breakfast tacos had me in the kitchen this morning at 7 am........and a cold glass of milk (1% for me) to down them all hit the spot.  It's Football Friday, folks!!

Make it a nice blonde roast coffee, and I'm right there with you!

Looks like you guys ought to have some nice football weather down there tonight. Hopefully everyone — players, coaches, cheerleaders, dance team, band, fans — stays healthy, and it is a competitive and entertaining game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope I can hook up to a Live Stream of this game tonight.  Argyle has their own channel now.......either on Youtube on your computer......just search Argyle Sports.  Or you can get it on your TV by downloading the Youtube app, then find Boxcast and search for the game with your Smart TV,  Roku, Apple TV, or Firestick TV.  Hopefully this week there will be no technical difficulties to interrupt the transmission like they had last week.  The first week against Decatur was clear as a bell. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't be surprised if Celina plays very tough on defense and gives Argyle plenty of trouble moving the ball consistently.  I look for a hard-hitting game and some surprises from Celina offensively.  At this point they have nothing to lose by opening up their attack and their playbook to give their athletes more ways and opportunities to move the chains and to score.  It's possible that Celina's D could hold Argyle's offense down to around 35-40 pts tonight.   The question will be how many points will Celina's offense score......and will Celina get some turnovers and short fields to keep this game tight.  You just never know what might happen when these two teams meet on the field for battle.  But one thing you can be sure of........both teams will be giving a full effort to win this rivalry game.  Maybe some mistakes will happen that cause some turnovers.......it will be intense out there on the field.  Celina may have dropped their first two games to Melissa and Paris.......both quality teams.......but Celina will show up in full force to win this game.  Argyle looks like a championship caliber team early.......but they are playing their rival in football tonight in Celina.  You can throw out all the records and get ready for either a very hard fought physical game.......or an Argyle whack attack.  We don't know which one it will be, but it's worth watching to find out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

I just hope I can hook up to a Live Stream of this game tonight.  Argyle has their own channel now.......either on Youtube on your computer......just search Argyle Sports.  Or you can get it on your TV by downloading the Youtube app, then find Boxcast and search for the game with your Roku, Apple TV, or Firestick TV.  Hopefully this week there will be no technical difficulties to interrupt the transmission like they had last week.  The first week against Decatur was clear as a bell. 

Celina vs Argyle Livestream

If the Argyle stream doesn't work out, try this one, Regal. Please be aware, though, Mark and Roy, who do the commentating, are very, very homer in their calls. They won't be negative towards Argyle by any means, but it will certainly be an all orange-and-white flavored broadcast. It doesn't bother me. I watch/listen to small-town broadcasts WANTING the commentators to be homers. I like it better that way. But some people don't enjoy it, so just wanted to give a heads up. Mark and Roy do a really nice job, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

Celina vs Argyle Livestream

If the Argyle stream doesn't work out, try this one, Regal. Please be aware, though, Mark and Roy, who do the commentating, are very, very homer in their calls. They won't be negative towards Argyle by any means, but it will certainly be an all orange-and-white flavored broadcast. It doesn't bother me. I watch/listen to small-town broadcasts WANTING the commentators to be homers. I like it better that way. But some people don't enjoy it, so just wanted to give a heads up. Mark and Roy do a really nice job, though.

Don't worry.......Argyle's team of Kenny Arthur and Andy Smith, although very entertaining and informative.......can at times be a little bit of homers as well.  They do call a pretty good game, though.......I will give them that much.  Lord knows they've had plenty of games each season to call......so they've developed themselves over time. But still hard-core Argyle homers, for sure.......hahaha.  That's the way it should be in Texas high school football for the hometown broadcasters.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like the extremely intelligent football fans of regal and dotcom have covered it all well but just my small contribution follows. Celina D has actually played really well against good teams the 1st 2 weeks. Melissa scored 5 TDs but one was a freak tipped ball and another on a long TD run late in the 4th. Paris had 0 points til late in the 4th. If Celina can contain the big play and shut down the Argyle run game this one could be close. The Cats will obviously have to find some kind of passing game too. I think #14 for Celina may have a nice night running the ball, but will take way more than him for any potential upset to happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Texski said:

It looks like the extremely intelligent football fans of regal and dotcom have covered it all well but just my small contribution follows. Celina D has actually played really well against good teams the 1st 2 weeks. Melissa scored 5 TDs but one was a freak tipped ball and another on a long TD run late in the 4th. Paris had 0 points til late in the 4th. If Celina can contain the big play and shut down the Argyle run game this one could be close. The Cats will obviously have to find some kind of passing game too. I think #14 for Celina may have a nice night running the ball, but will take way more than him for any potential upset to happen.

 

Texski nailed it. Melissa, offensively, is much more comparable to Argyle, but doesn't have quite the level of playmakers. I think the Cardinals are still good, don't get me wrong, and they're youngsters are going to get a whole lot better as the year goes on. But Paris offered a completely different look, while having more overall team speed than Melissa. Celina's defense handled those two games really well, as Texski pointed out. Argyle's going to score. No doubt about it. Too many weapons and gamebreakers to not put up points. But Celina's defense has the speed and quality athletes in the front-seven to put up a decent fight. But that's all for nought if the offense can't be more diversified and find a way to put up points.

Trae Hollins is the sophomore back that Texski referred to. He had a bit of a breakout game against Melissa. Didn't get as many touches against Paris, but Isaiah Martinez put together a decent game in the backfield. I'd love to see Hollins get some more touches tonight and in a variety of different looks. And I'd love to see the offense utilize both backs in the passing game more, just to find a way to attack the middle of the field.

It's been a pleasant but wet day up here in Missouri, how is it down y'alls way?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I seriously expect to see their Soph QB Noah Bentley starting the game for Celina tonight.  He was injected in last week's game late and looked like the real deal, for sure.  Not sure of his size, but he's already been offered a baseball scholarship to OU........so you know this kid is athletic and has an arm.  He showed his arm last week in the minutes he did play......and showed his mobility and capability to run also.......against a very speedy and athletic Paris defense. Celina has some good recievers........Dell'Anno is 6-7  and a matchup nightmare for the DB's.  They have Grayson Wester who  played last season, and maybe they will even put the Sr. QB Davenport at WR.....he's 6-1 and athletic.  They have another 6-1 good receiver w/speed in Jaden Tucker.......all 4 of these guys are seniors.  They also have a TE at 6-2.......so they have some definite capabilities in the passing game IF Bentley can deliver on time and on target.  I think Bentley can make all the difference for Celina's offense this season so I'm very cautious about tonight's game if he gets the nod from the coaches.  Celina already has a very good RB in Martinez and also a very good defense.  Argyle will have to rev up that offense and put up some points tonight and not allow Celina to control the pace and tempo of this game.  The Bobcats will want to take minutes off the clock and extend possessions while keeping Argyle's offense on the sideline.  IF Celina can get to halftime within a 7 pt. margin, they will feel confident coming out in the 2nd half. The more plays Bentley gets the more opportunities Celina will have.......IMO.  I hope Argyle shows up ready for a battle and some hard hitting.......Celina has some speed too.  I think they have a pretty good secondary also........we will find out in a few hours.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

I seriously expect to see their Soph QB Noah Bentley starting the game for Celina tonight.  He was injected in last week's game late and looked like the real deal, for sure.  Not sure of his size, but he's already been offered a baseball scholarship to OU........so you know this kid is athletic and has an arm.  He showed his arm last week in the minutes he did play......and showed his mobility and capability to run also.......against a very speedy and athletic Paris defense. Celina has some good recievers........Dell'Anno is 6-7  and a matchup nightmare for the DB's.  They have Grayson Wester who  played last season, and maybe they will even put the Sr. QB Davenport at WR.....he's 6-1 and athletic.  They have another 6-1 good receiver w/speed in Jaden Tucker.......all 4 of these guys are seniors.  They also have a TE at 6-2.......so they have some definite capabilities in the passing game IF Bentley can deliver on time and on target.  I think Bentley can make all the difference for Celina's offense this season so I'm very cautious about tonight's game if he gets the nod from the coaches.  Celina already has a very good RB in Martinez and also a very good defense.  Argyle will have to rev up that offense and put up some points tonight and not allow Celina to control the pace and tempo of this game.  The Bobcats will want to take minutes off the clock and extend possessions while keeping Argyle's offense on the sideline.  IF Celina can get to halftime within a 7 pt. margin, they will feel confident coming out in the 2nd half. The more plays Bentley gets the more opportunities Celina will have.......IMO.  I hope Argyle shows up ready for a battle and some hard hitting.......Celina has some speed too.  I think they have a pretty good secondary also........we will find out in a few hours.

Collin Urich is another receiver for Celina that can make a difference if they work on getting him the ball. They need to line him up in more spots than just out super wide. Caden Knowles is our starting safety who has a bunch of speed, and he got some looks at slot late last week against Paris. I look for them to utilize him a bit more on the offensive side moving forward too. He can definitely break a long one at any point he gets the football. He handles KO and punt returns for us, too. He's a weapon we've got to find a way to capitalize on. I know they don't want to overuse him, though, since he is a paramount part of the defense.

But you could be right, though, Regal. Perhaps Bentley is the solution to the equation. Maybe we'll find out tonight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Argyle2014 said:

Regal is definitely eating good! 

Good food is cheap if you know how to prepare it and what to buy.  It takes a little planning, but most people like good food and gnoshing out while watching the games. A little care and quality presentation makes the food taste even better!  And then the football game is even more interesting at the same time......Yeehaa!

Link to post
Share on other sites

The weather forecast for tonight in Celina is fantastic for football on Friday night under the lights.  At kickoff it should be right at 75 with little to no wind at all......and should remain that way in the low 70's the entire game.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, regaleagle said:

The weather forecast for tonight in Celina is fantastic for football on Friday night under the lights.  At kickoff it should be right at 75 with little to no wind at all......and should remain that way in the low 70's the entire game.  

Boom! Perfect! Weather won’t play a factor at all, gotta love that!

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Argyle2014 said:

Regal is definitely eating good! 

Lol that’s what I’m saying! Told Regal one of these days I’m gonna have to take in a Celina/Argyle game with him. Gonna need some of that good food he cooks up too!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Now Celina puts a drive together on about 3 consecutive passes and then run it in from the 2 for their first score.  21-7 2nd qtr.  Celina forced Argyle to punt and now has the ball again.  Davenport is at QB for Celina......he looks good this week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Now a pass into the corner of the endzone to 6-7 Dell'Ano and he wins that battle.......TD for Celina.  That was another good throw by Davenport.  He was under pressure and threw it high where only Dell'Anno could get it......about a 25 yd toss.  7 plays 65 yds on that possession.

Argyle  21

Celina 14

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Argyle pass defense needs some work......on the pass rush and in the secondary.  But to be honest......Davenport has been on the money on his throws and has not really missed.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh WOW!!!   Argyle blocks Celina's punt in its own endzone with 30 secs. left in the half and recovers it one the one yd line.  Now Rogers scores on a keeper with only 13 seconds left in the half on a bootleg left.  Bigtime play by the Argyle defense to block that punt......they literally crashed into the backfield to block it.

Argyle 28

Celina 14

Link to post
Share on other sites

Celina looked bad in the first quarter......and very good in the 2nd quarter.  They found their passing game and mixed it with the run to catch Argyle scrambling and out of position.  Celina's defense is stout......that says enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...