What has happened at Corrigan to start the season?

hwy35tigers

3 minutes ago, hwy35tigers said:

Not trying to start anything, but they have been outscored 102-7 over the first two weeks. Perennially they have shown much better?

JMO, but the talent there has really dropped off the last few years. Add to that the losses to graduation and young players learning a brand new system (they’ve been in Armstrong’s program their whole lives) and you have a recipe for a thin season. If the new guy is as good as advertised, he will get it turned around, but it might take a year or two. 

I’m gonna be honest .. I wish we would have never left the wing T... 

CC has always been known as a ground n pound team ..  it’s just what we do ,  yes you might stop it but guess what we gonna run it right back at you .. 

ive been watching CC football a very long time and this is the worst I’ve ever seen us look !   Team looks absolutely lost and can’t get nothing going .. they better dig down deep or the streak will end 

5 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

I’m gonna be honest .. I wish we would have never left the wing T... 

CC has always been known as a ground n pound team ..  it’s just what we do ,  yes you might stop it but guess what we gonna run it right back at you .. 

ive been watching CC football a very long time and this is the worst I’ve ever seen us look !   Team looks absolutely lost and can’t get nothing going .. they better dig down deep or the streak will end 

What're y'all running now....spread? 

26 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

What're y'all running now....spread? 

Yes sir it’s a pro style offense..  I guess I’m just stuck in tradition , I love a good ground n pound game ..   too much has changed IMO,  the bulldog was taken off our helmets that’s been on there my whole life since I’ve been watching.. and all the tradition was painted over in the locker room and weight room..  

Years of tradition gone .. 

1 minute ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Yes sir it’s a pro style offense..  I guess I’m just stuck in tradition , I love a good ground n pound game ..   too much has changed IMO,  the bulldog was taken off our helmets that’s been on there my whole life since I’ve been watching.. and all the tradition was painted over in the locker room and weight room..  

Pro Style and Spread are different things to me

5 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Yes sir that’s what I was thinking but coach Ratliff was calling it pro style 

Well, don’t hate it just because it’s different. You can do some amazing things on offense in the spread if you have the right guys and coaches that know what they are doing.

1 hour ago, corrigancamden09 said:

I really hate to hear that. I'm real big on tradition too. Isn't Coach Ratliff from CC? You think he'd keep those traditions. 

He is a good coach, imo. He was here in ND for a while. I liked him. I always felt he was unfairly treated/let go. The kids really seemed to buy in to him and played hard for him. Given a little more time, I believe CC fans will like him too. 

10 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

I really hate to hear that. I'm real big on tradition too. Isn't Coach Ratliff from CC? You think he'd keep those traditions. 

He is a good coach, imo. He was here in ND for a while. I liked him. I always felt he was unfairly treated/let go. The kids really seemed to buy in to him and played hard for him. Given a little more time, I believe CC fans will like him too. 

It’s funny how those things go. 

Diana was back under center last Friday night lol.

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Well, don’t hate it just because it’s different. You can do some amazing things on offense in the spread if you have the right guys and coaches that know what they are doing.

Oh I really like a good spread offense if you have the kids that can run it .. I just hate the playoff streak has to end possibly but all streaks end eventually I guess it’s something all teams must go through 

1 hour ago, TTman7 said:

Yes sir he was on the 97 team that started the playoff streak ,  coach Ratliff is a great guy ! I’m still gonna support him and hope things get turned around before district 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Our sophomore class is special and CC was the only team to beat those kids in 8th grade. CC has talent. To run the spread you need some big linemen. CC has had smaller 200lb guys instead of the 250lb you need for the spread.....IMO

In a good spread offense, you don’t need big linemen. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Our sophomore class is special and CC was the only team to beat those kids in 8th grade. CC has talent. To run the spread you need some big linemen. CC has had smaller 200lb guys instead of the 250lb you need for the spread.....IMO

That’s what I’m thinking man .. we don’t have the size to be in the spread ..  we have always had a fast stout line and we could get our speed outside with the pitch .. we don’t even run pitch anymore..... 

I miss the wing T.... 

we returned the 5 freshman that was on varsity last year , and moved up a jv team that only lost one game..  you don’t go from that to where we are now .. 

in my opinion we need to get back to the wing T and get back to bulldog football 

17 minutes ago, villagegenius said:

In a good spread offense, you don’t need big linemen. 

Every spread offense I have seen has bigger linemen that can drop step and pass block or at least two big guys that pull and can move.... I’ve seen several spread offense that try and operate but don’t have the personnel 

16 hours ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Every spread offense I have seen has bigger linemen that can drop step and pass block or at least two big guys that pull and can move.... I’ve seen several spread offense that try and operate but don’t have the personnel 

Go watch Canadian. Perfect example of if you operate the right way you don’t have to have big kids. 

sure big kids help...but they’d help any offense. 

A true “spread” and not just a running team in the shotgun is all based on getting rid of the ball quick in the pass game and controlling defenders in gaps in the run game. And then you find the defenders that have double responsibilities and pick on them. 

8 minutes ago, villagegenius said:

Go watch Canadian. Perfect example of if you operate the right way you don’t have to have big kids. 

sure big kids help...but they’d help any offense. 

A true “spread” and not just a running team in the shotgun is all based on getting rid of the ball quick in the pass game and controlling defenders in gaps in the run game. And then you find the defenders that have double responsibilities and pick on them. 

How large would you say Canadian linemen are? I bet they are 230lb but are 6’2.....