Winnsboro vs. Hughes Springs Sept. 11th

chevyman

Obviously the key matchup will be trying to slow down Kennedy but i think another one will be how the young o line of Winny holds up against a good sized d line for HS. Also want to see how the undersized yet stout d line of the Raiders holds up. They gave Hooks absolute fits Friday night and were in the backfield almost every play. 

29 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

Well this game got a lot easier for Winnsboro if the rumors are true. HS whole offense runs through Kennedy 

Im not buying it yet but if so its very interesting unless he can just automatically line up and play for them which seems unlikely. Regardless the Raiders will be focused on whoever is lined up across from them this week.

Just now, chevyman said:

Im not buying it yet but if so its very interesting unless he can just automatically line up and play for them which seems unlikely. Regardless the Raiders will be focused on whoever is lined up across from them this week.

Seems like best case would be 15 day waiting period pending approval of DEC?

25 minutes ago, Eagle1986 said:

Kennedy’s father lives in Daingerfield and from what was told is enrolled at Daingerfield 

he could easily live with his dad and stay at HS. It's about a 3-5 min time difference to HS. It's clearly for athletic purposes. You don't abandon your teammates and brothers over a 5 minute further drive unless you want it to.

Not sure circumstances surrounding the cancellation but per my sources, Winny tried to get HS to play next week on the bye and they refused that too. Doesn’t sound like the Raiders will be playing for the next two weeks unless something changes. Bring on the Jackets and district play. Just hate it for the kids

1 hour ago, StangLife said:

he could easily live with his dad and stay at HS. It's about a 3-5 min time difference to HS. It's clearly for athletic purposes. You don't abandon your teammates and brothers over a 5 minute further drive unless you want it to.

I don’t disagree.  Just was posting what was going on. 

but i am sure the district will let him be eligible as the wont want to fight it.  That is after he sits the 15 days. 

1 hour ago, StangLife said:

He was doing good there doesn't seem to be  athletic purposes to me