Tatum shuts down for two weeks after COVID-19 exposure

BlahBlah

The Powers That Be(TPTB) wanna shut down Texas football.    They figure if they can shut down football in Texas......then they can shut down anything they want and have their way in any way they want.  The Sheeple are idiots for giving away their rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness......they have been dumbed down and brainwashed.  I don't count myself as part of that flock......I hope others here don't as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Brahmaball said:

So what happens if a team has to shut down during district and they need to win one of those games to get to playoffs or what if a team has to shut down during playoffs?

District 8 in 3A D 1 eliminated week 5 games. They will start district then with no bye week. They left the last two weeks of the regular season open for this this reason. 

15 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

What are you saying?  That there is going to be a pandemic in northeast Texas 3A football?  Sure hope not. 

Not at all!  It means you can't play if you've been around someone who's been around someone who's been around someone that tested positive.  The lunacy never stops.

19 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Yea. Following the guidelines set by UIL is overreaction. You should run for something with all that knowledge. 

The UIL does not tell you to shut down for exposure... trust me, I know the UIL COVID recommendation and requirements inside and out

EDIT: I don’t know details of this case but if everyone on the team wasn’t wearing masks while in locker rooms etc together then it would be considered close contact and 14 days quarantine.  Considering the size of Tatum, it wouldn’t take a ton of close contact quarantine to make your team shut down

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

The UIL does not tell you to shut down for exposure... trust me, I know the UIL COVID recommendation and requirements inside and out

EDIT: I don’t know details of this case but if everyone on the team wasn’t wearing masks while in locker rooms etc together then it would be considered close contact and 14 days quarantine.  Considering the size of Tatum, it wouldn’t take a ton of close contact quarantine to make your team shut down

Yea. You don’t know the details as you noted. Thanks for your valuable input though. 

On 9/8/2020 at 8:30 PM, jacket52 said:

Covid be over before playoffs lol just wait till Nov 4th it will be non existent. 

I respect that opinion, but I highly doubt it... even if its not covered by media etc which I'm pretty sure it still will tons of ppl will lose loved ones... JMHO ✌️

1 minute ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

People dying are mainly over the age of 65 or underlying problems. Kids aren’t dying and are using this a political tool. Biden basically running from this platform. Difference between being cautious  and flat out being ridiculous. This will eventually calm down. 

Hopefully your right, but you rarely are so my hopes aren't to high.....

Just now, Raiderfan7000 said:

This is somewhat accurate. The fear of something that has a highly success rate is disturbing. Fear will and control you. Shame that it comes to this. 

Ppl arent going to feel safe until theirs a vaccine..... point blank period Lion70 

Just now, Raiderfan7000 said:

Just because you don’t like the answer doesn’t mean that I am wrong. Some folks are either too delusional or stupid to figure the truth out.

I dont wear a mask unless I'm asked to before entering a store or somewhere, I respect the health of others so I will kindly wear 1 if it reduces someone's risk of the virus.... ppl complaining about the guidelines, these were put in place to kick off the season, don't abide by the rules shut the season down is whats going to happen 

In what world do healthy individuals get tested over and over for a disease? They must make everybody out to be dangerous is the reason. How else will people soon get shamed and banned from conducting business.? That would go against our human rights that the U. N  pretends to care about. Enter the digital certification mark that shows we are "safe" and up to date on our covid shots. They plan on giving us a high dose of mainstream vaccination propaganda beginning  October/November. Real-Eyes Realize Real-Lies. 

• Like 2

This is my opinion only but i say they should just shut everything down completely and be done with it or take the necessary steps to care for the kids affected and those possibly exposed and keep the games going. I am envisioning at least two handfuls of highly ranked teams around the state will have their aspirations dashed in either district play or at some point in the playoffs. Its just inevitable