Week 3 Game Cancellations

Eagleborn

3 hours ago, StangtilDeath said:

Whats "stupid" is giving up your freedoms because the powers that be tell you to for a virus that has just around half the death rate of the common flu.  That my friend is stupid.   

2019-2020 flu season  55000 hospitalizations 2900 deaths

Current covid 678000 cases 14000 deaths (if you believe the reporting)

Apples to oranges in your example...…………………..cases do no equal hospitalizations...…………………….your flu stat is hospitalizations...…..your covid stat is cases

14 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Apples to oranges in your example...…………………..cases do no equal hospitalizations...…………………….your flu stat is hospitalizations...…..your covid stat is cases

Yes,  I agree.  Quick stat said from October 1 2019 to April 1 2020 there were approximately 39,000,000 to 56,000,000 flu cases.  Approximately 24,000 to 62,000 deaths.

Edit: were at 14,000 covid related deaths.  Which means they died of pneumonia.

1 hour ago, StangtilDeath said:

So, you can carry the virus for 14? Days before showing symptoms.  Essentially you'll need to back track for two weeks everyone you were around without a mask and then they'll need to quarantin for two weeks?  I'll pass, ill just keep living my life as normal as I can with all the sheep running around.   Both my wife and I are deemed essential  Employees and both deal with the public daily.  Wake up

You are killing me... We are going over UIL guidelines to play football.  We aren't telling YOU how to live YOUR LIFE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

If a kid lives with a vulnerable “parent”, it’s up to that parent to allow or not allow the kid to play or go to school or to be around people. If the vulnerable parent is fine with it then nobody else should concern their self with it. 

This was my strong original stance.  Most schools follow that policy.  If the child is a strong at-risk (diabetic, heart conditions) I might would recommend them sitting this season out.

This is also what I have seen with my eyes only... not an official study... but I have noticed that the older the kid, the more likely they are to actually show symptoms or "get sick."  My 14 yr olds testing positive seem to stay asymptomatic while the 18-college kids who test positive show more symptoms and become slightly ill for a few days...  Just an interesting side note... anyone else seen anything similar?

My gut feeling on masks...……...Me wearing a mask will not keep me from getting covid……………………….If I have covid and don't know it, and I am out in public and sneeze or cough, me wearing a mask probably helps keep my germs from spreading to someone else...…………..At least until a vaccine comes out, I don't want anyone getting covid from me, especially an elderly --------- so, I am wearing a mask when needed, even though it is not fun

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

This was my strong original stance.  Most schools follow that policy.  If the child is a strong at-risk (diabetic, heart conditions) I might would recommend them sitting this season out.

This is also what I have seen with my eyes only... not an official study... but I have noticed that the older the kid, the more likely they are to actually show symptoms or "get sick."  My 14 yr olds testing positive seem to stay asymptomatic while the 18-college kids who test positive show more symptoms and become slightly ill for a few days...  Just an interesting side note... anyone else seen anything similar?

Question have you seen anything about blood types contributing to it?

I have heard dnk about studies that O bloods are showing more immunity?

One of my sons in June had direct exposures to multiple people with it and while numerous on the team got the virus   

He should have also  he never did and has O blood type

Another who should have gotten it did not either and had O blood type

50 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

You are killing me... We are going over UIL guidelines to play football.  We aren't telling YOU how to live YOUR LIFE.

I threw in the towel. I know there is bad information or at least confusion on the guidelines for participating. When I read the topic I thought people were upset that games are being cancelled. Obviously that’s not the real issue. 
I apologize for any offense my remarks caused. I’m actually a conservative, patriotic Texan & American. My occupation requires me to find the legal ways around ignorant rules and regulations. The bad news is, at the moment, the mask is the only way around it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

If a kid lives with a vulnerable “parent”, it’s up to that parent to allow or not allow the kid to play or go to school or to be around people. If the vulnerable parent is fine with it then nobody else should concern their self with it. 

the thing is, those families many times don't make the most excellent educated decisions...they are the ones screaming when there's just a "teacher work day" about "you always have days off"...when even in that example, the teachers/coaches/admin are at school. they are looking for the "free day care" of sorts...plus feeding of the child, raising of the child, a little educating of the child and all the main rules in the child's life many times. 

so you are still trying to look out for your village somewhat because if you don't...at some point, it could bloom out and hit someone that you might care intensely for. you say, well "I'll be ok"...until that one you're not then it's too late and we could have all been a tiny bit safer. we aren't trying to shut things totally down...that's where I'm starting to get frustrated with some of the farmers and cowboys that think it's cool to yack about this and that. pretty soon he'll be masked up too admitting his mistakes and blunders...and we'll be in a dang forced law system where we have curfews, no sports or freedoms, no jobs, can't drive, can't see anyone outside our immediate households...FUUUNNNN.

not liberal...it's all crazy...all deadly

35 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

the thing is, those families many times don't make the most excellent educated decisions...they are the ones screaming when there's just a "teacher work day" about "you always have days off"...when even in that example, the teachers/coaches/admin are at school. they are looking for the "free day care" of sorts...plus feeding of the child, raising of the child, a little educating of the child and all the main rules in the child's life many times. 

so you are still trying to look out for your village somewhat because if you don't...at some point, it could bloom out and hit someone that you might care intensely for. you say, well "I'll be ok"...until that one you're not then it's too late and we could have all been a tiny bit safer. we aren't trying to shut things totally down...that's where I'm starting to get frustrated with some of the farmers and cowboys that think it's cool to yack about this and that. pretty soon he'll be masked up too admitting his mistakes and blunders...and we'll be in a dang forced law system where we have curfews, no sports or freedoms, no jobs, can't drive, can't see anyone outside our immediate households...FUUUNNNN.

not liberal...it's all crazy...all deadly

Are you saying someone should be making decisions for us because we’re all too stupid to think for ourselves? Lol

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

Oh but you are, you said kids aren't getting sick at school but outside of school.   To me, that read that we all need to stay at home in a bubble if we want to beat this terrible end of times virus.   I'll pass, ima live my life and let the 2.5% of the population thats already sick with underlying health problems figure it.out on their own.  Unfortunately there's people like the uil who are afraid of getting their butt suied into next week that want us to sit at home and live a happy little life.  I'll pass.  You do you and ill do me. 

1 hour ago, Coach0001 said:

Question have you seen anything about blood types contributing to it?

I have heard dnk about studies that O bloods are showing more immunity?

One of my sons in June had direct exposures to multiple people with it and while numerous on the team got the virus   

He should have also  he never did and has O blood type

Another who should have gotten it did not either and had O blood type

I read initial studies on that, but they weren't big enough studies to be verified yet.

16 minutes ago, StangtilDeath said:

Oh but you are, you said kids aren't getting sick at school but outside of school.   To me, that read that we all need to stay at home in a bubble if we want to beat this terrible end of times virus.   I'll pass, ima live my life and let the 2.5% of the population thats already sick with underlying health problems figure it.out on their own.  Unfortunately there's people like the uil who are afraid of getting their butt suied into next week that want us to sit at home and live a happy little life.  I'll pass.  You do you and ill do me. 

Stay in your Who Springs way of life man.  I went over where my students are saying they are getting exposure and having to quarantine for 10-14 days.  Me pointing out obvious obstacles that we, as teachers and coaches can't prevent, have nothing to do with the way you live your life.  

I am not telling anyone how to do anything.  I am in this thread to spread the information that I have learned and implemented as a healthcare professional in a school setting.

My grandson got sent home for 14 days because the kid sitting next to him in class tested positive. All wearing masks and 6 feet apart. His dad, who is Coast Guard, took him to his doctor to be tested yesterday but won't have results till Monday. His dad put the video of him being tested on Facebook. Poor kid! Even if negative he still can't go back to school and they aren't giving him the online option while he is quarantined. He is in the Port Neches-Groves ISD.

10 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

My grandson got sent home for 14 days because the kid sitting next to him in class tested positive. All wearing masks and 6 feet apart. His dad, who is Coast Guard, took him to his doctor to be tested yesterday but won't have results till Monday. His dad put the video of him being tested on Facebook. Poor kid! Even if negative he still can't go back to school and they aren't giving him the online option while he is quarantined. He is in the Port Neches-Groves ISD.

No online option for those in quarantine? Wow

1 hour ago, Golfingnut said:

Why are they not letting him back with a negative test result and no symptoms?  That should always be the deciding factor for those who have access.

9 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Why are they not letting him back with a negative test result and no symptoms?  That should always be the deciding factor for those who have access.

I guess they think that even with a negative test today, he might somehow still test positive during the 14 day quarantine. Doesn't make sense to me. I figure if you don't have it and you are around family that doesn't have it, then common sense says you can't get it. Crazy.