PG @ Paris

Hawks2021

3 minutes ago, Hawks2021 said:

Going to be a quick game with plenty of speed.  I think the game boils down to can PG stop any deep passes off of play action from Paris and can PG's running game grind it out against Paris.

Hope PG gets the win. How is Paris looking this year? I haven't heard much, I know they will have speed. But, do they have enough weapons offensively to compete with the defense?

Paris has more than enough speed on both sides of the ball. And Hohenberger is tough as nails at QB and hard to bring down. Unfortunately, by the time he's got the football in his hands, he's got defenders in his face. And with the system Paris runs offensively, Jackson and Washington rarely have space enough to breathe, let alone get out into the open. If PG doesn't give up any big plays through the play-action pass, they'll win comfortably.

Paris's defense may impress you. They are very tough. They fly to the ball and they hit hard once they get there. Lots of good playmakers on that side, and I think they can probably get a stop or two against PG. But I don't see the Wildcats offense having much success against the Hawks defense. That's just going to wear and wear and wear on Paris's defense. Eventually, the Hawks will be able to break it open with some big plays and then slowly grind the Wildcats to death with that power-run game.

PG should be able to hit a few big plays through the air, too. Paris's secondary is quick, make no mistake. But I'd look for Landon Jackson to have another big game, offensively, with a few big-time receptions on those play-action looks. Those can be backbreakers for the defense, especially if/when Paris is able to get PG into 3rd-and-long scenarios. But I look for that to happen more than once.

• Like 1

The main problem I see with Paris is they have one of their best offensive weapons......QB Hohenberger......with his hands tied.  IF they would put him in the pistol or shotgun, then their entire offense.......RB's Jackson & Washington.......and their passing game would be able to operate with more time and space. They have the speed and the athletes, but use the wrong offensive scheme for their best offensive weapons to thrive and become a constant threat.  Paris has Hohenberger under center taking the snap at the LOS 100% of the time.......not good and too easy to stack the line.  He rolls out or takes 2-3 steps back and lets  it go......that's all the time he ever has.  The RB's pretty much have to find open spaces to run or they get stopped at the LOS.  Paris needs to go to the pistol immediately if you ask me.......without question.

Paris switched from the spread to the wing-t in mid-season two years ago.  It was a brilliant move that fit their personnel at the time.  While I'm not privy to any inside info, I would not be surprised to see a mid-stream switch back this season.  Hohenberger is a potential difference maker.

As for this week, I just hope the defense can continue to show improvement and not wear down against a relentless PG attack. 

12 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Saw that a kid from Arkansas High was denied eligibility to play for PG.  Don't know much about the kid and PG doesn't need the help. Anyone know much about him?

wr thats about all i know. rumor that he sent a  text to ahigh coach letting him know he was transferring to get a scholarship....

On 9/10/2020 at 9:21 PM, dillonpanthers said:

Saw that a kid from Arkansas High was denied eligibility to play for PG.  Don't know much about the kid and PG doesn't need the help. Anyone know much about him?

WR / DB with talent....He would have helped them. He never should have transferred for his senior year. The odds of the UIL overturning the district superintendents was very slim. 

Paris is killing itself.......they have all that talent and are wasting it with the wrong offensive scheme.  It puts so much pressure and minutes on their strong point......their defense.  This game PG just stacked the line and put the kabash on the Paris offense........no fear of anything Paris could do from the Wing.   Paris cannot utilize their QB, their speed, or their athleticism from this offensive set.  That means their defense will be on the field way too many minutes against any opponent with a good defensive front.  Unless Paris changes from the Wing soon, I just don't see the Wildcats becoming a factor in the playoffs.  It was the perfect matchup and offense for PG to defend against.