The Smoakhouse Forums

Pottsboro at Melissa

This should be a really good matchup tonight of Cardinals vs. Cardinals. Both come in 2-0 and Pottsboro ranked #3 in 3A D1. Melissa has had TD catches from 7 different receivers in first 2 games, so lots of weapons in use. Pottsboro QB Plyler is the real deal and tough as nails. I think Potts will stay very close for a half then Melissa pulls away for a 2-3 TD win.

1 minute ago, Texski said:

This should be a really good matchup tonight of Cardinals vs. Cardinals. Both come in 2-0 and Pottsboro ranked #3 in 3A D1. Melissa has had TD catches from 7 different receivers in first 2 games, so lots of weapons in use. Pottsboro QB Plyler is the real deal and tough as nails. I think Potts will stay very close for a half then Melissa pulls away for a 2-3 TD win.

Cardinals win going away

Pottsboro has the guys to make this a really fun and entertaining game for about a quarter, maybe a half. But Melissa has much more depth, and a bit too much athleticism, and I think they'll pull away rather comfortably in the second half. This is not to take away anything from Pottsboro, because I think they'll be in the state title conversation all the way until the end. But Melissa is a quality football team.

1 hour ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Is this game being streamed? 

It will be on Melissa's YouTube channel. Just type Melissa ISD in search at 7:30PM and it will come up. The camera angles/view won't be great but the radio guys are doing the play by play and are decent.

1 hour ago, Texski said:

It will be on Melissa's YouTube channel. Just type Melissa ISD in search at 7:30PM and it will come up. The camera angles/view won't be great but the radio guys are doing the play by play and are decent.

Thanks!