Pewitt @ Celina

Brahmaball

8 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Kinda what I thought might happen.......Celina's coming out party.  It took 'em a few weeks against some very good teams in progression.......but you could see it all starting to come together last week when they played Argyle.  A couple of more big wins and they will be in position to play in December.......no question about it.

It certainly looked that way last night, Regal. Lots of young guys getting big playing time too. Have a bye (probably) next week and then travel to the Alamodome Oct. 2 to play Boerne (fingers crossed we get to play that one). Then it's district time.

1 hour ago, d0tc0m said:

It certainly looked that way last night, Regal. Lots of young guys getting big playing time too. Have a bye (probably) next week and then travel to the Alamodome Oct. 2 to play Boerne (fingers crossed we get to play that one). Then it's district time.

And Guess Who was the Qb last night and looked like a D-1 candidate of the future......Bentley.  He's got the goods, for sure.  Write it down, folks.......Noah Bentley is only a soph. Qb for Celina this season.  Check this talent out.

Everyone needs to relax about Pewitt and Strickland. This team has had 7 weeks together with a new defense and new coaching staff and for 10 days of that time they were shut down for COVID. What do people expect? They have a sophomore QB, an entirely new defense and most of the Oline is still shuffling around trying to find the right fit. I agree the mistakes and penalties have got to stop and the kids aren’t playing with a lot of extensity yet but to expect perfection from them with all that’s gone in is crazy. I’m not saying we win state, we may not win a game but give them a break. We’ve heard all the complaints about passing, play calling, and kicking strategy forever, we even heard them last year. Just remember, none of these kids or coaches made this situation, Abron left and COVID hit, they are all just trying to pick up the pieces. What they haven’t done is go out and act crazy or unsportsmanlike, they haven’t quit and from what I saw last night the kids on the field when the whistle blew were still giving good effort. The games may not have gone like we wanted, but those kids have represented our school and our community well. For that I am thankful and proud. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

And Guess Who was the Qb last night and looked like a D-1 candidate of the future......Bentley.  He's got the goods, for sure.  Write it down, folks.......Noah Bentley is only a soph. Qb for Celina this season.  Check this talent out.

Yep. The senior was one of the ones who did not suit up last night. And Bentley asserted himself as the clear leader of the offense. In my opinion, it would be a mistake and a disservice to the team to go away from Bentley at this point. He’s still young and needs to grow/learn so he can get the experience needed to win a big game when called upon. But he’s got the tools and raw ability. Just a cannon arm and has flashed some accuracy on the deep balls. Needs to continue to refine his mid-range “touch” throws. He also has the added ability to use his legs when a play breaks down. That’s huge. No question he’s the QB of the future for the Bobcats. A couple of sophomores in the backfield with him all night too.

Also, A freshman QB tossed a 56-yard TD pass to another freshman on 3rd-and-17 last night in the fourth. I’ve been surprised how many freshman/sophomores Celina has had up on varsity.

13 minutes ago, PewittPride said:

Everyone needs to relax about Pewitt and Strickland. This team has had 7 weeks together with a new defense and new coaching staff and for 10 days of that time they were shut down for COVID. What do people expect? They have a sophomore QB, an entirely new defense and most of the Oline is still shuffling around trying to find the right fit. I agree the mistakes and penalties have got to stop and the kids aren’t playing with a lot of extensity yet but to expect perfection from them with all that’s gone in is crazy. I’m not saying we win state, we may not win a game but give them a break. We’ve heard all the complaints about passing, play calling, and kicking strategy forever, we even heard them last year. Just remember, none of these kids or coaches made this situation, Abron left and COVID hit, they are all just trying to pick up the pieces. What they haven’t done is go out and act crazy or unsportsmanlike, they haven’t quit and from what I saw last night the kids on the field when the whistle blew were still giving good effort. The games may not have gone like we wanted, but those kids have represented our school and our community well. For that I am thankful and proud. 

Well said. I thought the Pewitt kids fought hard all game. Very, very physical bunch. Still have speed in skill spots. And that big offensive line will wear some 3A teams out big time, especially late in games. Brahma fans still might be enjoying football post-Thanksgiving.

31 minutes ago, PewittPride said:

Well spoken my man...

1 hour ago, PewittPride said:

Well said! But what I was referring to was a internal joke between me and Nature.