Gladewater 1-2 at Kilgore

Golfingnut

4 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

This is the first I have heard of a wr for GW that is super talented. (Not in a bad way I'm talking about). I thought GW had a talented RB that was getting offers? Didn't y'all return the RB from last year?

Yes he is back. The WR was just a sophomore last year and switched from Qb to WR. He has taken to it very well. 

2 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

This is the first I have heard of a wr for GW that is super talented. (Not in a bad way I'm talking about). I thought GW had a talented RB that was getting offers? Didn't y'all return the RB from last year?

Your corners better not get cocky or #2 will run right past them and score.  Saw him do it a few times in our game. 🤷‍♂️

10 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

In his defense he probably should have never been at qb

Y'all say that but we had no answer for him at QB when they brought him in against us as a freshman. Mainly his legs did the damage but he was tough. I will say, his D1 future was never gonna be QB though. 

11 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

Might want to watch our #2 a little too. He’s not too shabby. 

I assume he ain't a stat guy lol. Allen has 17 catches for 458 yards with 5 TDs through 3 games. 152 receiving yards per game. 26.9 yards per reception. He has more receiving yards than most RBs have rushing yards through 3 games. If Gladewater does a 3 step drop or play actions, if all DBs immediately break towards #2 to cover him, they will have had a 90% chance of guessing the correct target being thrown at lol. The other 10% they throw to #11 Lewis. So triple cover Allen and put your best corner on Lewis man to man. Bingo, Bango, Bongo - passing game shut down lol. 

2 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

I assume he ain't a stat guy lol. Allen has 17 catches for 458 yards with 5 TDs through 3 games. 152 receiving yards per game. 26.9 yards per reception. He has more receiving yards than most RBs have rushing yards through 3 games. If Gladewater does a 3 step drop or play actions, if all DBs immediately break towards #2 to cover him, they will have had a 90% chance of guessing the correct target being thrown at lol. The other 10% they throw to #11 Lewis. So triple cover Allen and put your best corner on Lewis man to man. Bingo, Bango, Bongo - passing game shut down lol. 

Oh and don’t forget to stop the run while you are triple covering DJ. 

18 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Oh and don’t forget to stop the run while you are triple covering DJ. 

What run? Y'all barely cracked the century mark against Center lol. Plus that still leaves 7 to play the run game. DBs are supposed to play pass first anyways. At least a good defense does lol

4 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

What run? Y'all barely cracked the century mark against Center lol. Plus that still leaves 7 to play the run game. DBs are supposed to play pass first anyways. At least a good defense does lol

Right but you gonna start with 3 of those DBs out wide with DJ 😂 I’m thinking you aren’t going to make an NFL defensive coordinator any time soon 😂 And the run game is just fine. Center was loading the box.