Gladewater 1-2 at Kilgore

Golfingnut

20 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Right but you gonna start with 3 of those DBs out wide with DJ 😂 I’m thinking you aren’t going to make an NFL defensive coordinator any time soon 😂 And the run game is just fine. Center was loading the box. 

You can triple without stacking 3 guys on him lol.....and obviously I was just bumpin my gums. But, I would 100% shade him with my best safety all night. We got a safety about 6'1 190ish that I would assume will shade him. 

12 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Your corners better not get cocky or #2 will run right past them and score.  Saw him do it a few times in our game. 🤷‍♂️

Springhill receivers are running past their defenders? Or are you implying you saw him do it against Springhill defenders hahaha wow now I'm worried #2 ran right past his cocky defenders.

1 minute ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Springhill receivers are running past their defenders? Or are you implying you saw him do it against Springhill defenders hahaha wow now I'm worried #2 ran right past his cocky defenders.

Just a little insight the whole Kilgore D is Cocky this year especially #2 for Kilgore he really plays cocky and he will back his cockiness up too. 

Ask a few Carthage fans #2 was talking all night to the Carthage receivers and only one pass came his way and of course he picked it off.

1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

You can triple without stacking 3 guys on him lol.....and obviously I was just bumpin my gums. But, I would 100% shade him with my best safety all night. We got a safety about 6'1 190ish that I would assume will shade him. 

He is obviously someone most teams can’t afford to single cover. Did you see the catch he made for 30 yards in traffic?  There were 3 defenders and he still snatched it. 

1 hour ago, WhoamI97539 said:

I watched #2 pretty much run sprints up and down the field.  If you want to put a defensive game plan together to defend GW, just do the opposite of what we did.

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Just a little insight the whole Kilgore D is Cocky this year especially #2 for Kilgore he really plays cocky and he will back his cockiness up too. 

Ask a few Carthage fans #2 was talking all night to the Carthage receivers and only one pass came his way and of course he picked it off.

None of the current Carthage WR’s can run with Allen.  You will see.

2 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

None of the current Carthage WR’s can run with Allen.  You will see.

You obviously did not watch the game. 
Dawg receiver number 4 ran by all the Kilgore defensive backs for  a 57 yard bomb. 
He only played one series. 
He was the fastest player on the field. 
2 for Kilgore is outstanding and can man up. But he can’t run with 4. 
Go back and watch the play, he ran away from all of them. 

7 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

You obviously did not watch the game. 
Dawg receiver number 4 ran by all the Kilgore defensive backs for  a 57 yard bomb. 
He only played one series. 
He was the fastest player on the field. 
2 for Kilgore is outstanding and can man up. But he can’t run with 4. 
Go back and watch the play, he ran away from all of them. 

I watched it.  #4 moved to Carthage from Spring Hill.  I know who he is.  If Hadden ran past #2 from Kilgore, Allen from GW will also with no problems.  Trust me C&C, Allen is faster than Hadden.  Since the Dawgs are off this Fri maybe you should go watch in person and see for yourself.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I watched it.  #4 moved to Carthage from Spring Hill.  I know who he is.  If Hadden ran past #2 from Kilgore, Allen from GW will also with no problems.  Trust me C&C, Allen is faster than Hadden.  Since the Dawgs are off this Fri maybe you should go watch in person and see for yourself.

You don’t know him too well.....Carthage has no WR named Hadden. 

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I could be wrong but I dont remember Hatten burning #2 anytime..heck everytime I remember them throwing #2's way it was either great coverage..a pass breakup..or a pick..only cb we had get eat up that night was #4 for us...he actually got burnt 2 or 3 times that ultimately led to 14pts for Carthage...I didnt see him on the field the next week against Terrell

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

I could be wrong but I dont remember Hatten burning #2 anytime..heck everytime I remember them throwing #2's way it was either great coverage..a pass breakup..or a pick..only cb we had get eat up that night was #4 for us...he actually got burnt 2 or 3 times that ultimately led to 14pts for Carthage...I didnt see him on the field the next week against Terrell

That is correct the bomb was on number 4 both times. Adkins is a difference maker u will not just be able to throw the ball up against him 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

He’s just confident, not cocky. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PapaBear1 said:

Gladewater and our QB won’t be the best Kilgore  has seen, but DJ will be the best WR that Adkins has seen this year.  

Maybe so and maybe not nobody is saying the WR isn't any good. We are just saying when #2 Adkins is covering him he isn't going to have a big stat night like he is use to getting. GW is fixing to play the best Defense they have seen all year to date. And I know for a fact GW's offense is nowhere near Carthage's Offense.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Maybe so and maybe not nobody is saying the WR isn't any good. We are just saying when #2 Adkins is covering him he isn't going to have a big stat night like he is use to getting. GW is fixing to play the best Defense they have seen all year to date. And I know for a fact GW's offense is nowhere near Carthage's Offense.

We don’t have to be Carthage. We just have to score 1 more point than Kilgore. Carthage put up 27 so if we put up 21 and hold y’all to 20 that will work just fine 😁

8 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

This is true.  Will be interesting to see how GW performs against a better D.