Gladewater 1-2 at Kilgore

Golfingnut

I'll give props to G-Water, I think Kilgore gave it away. Here's my thoughts.

*Kilgore didnt adjust to the power run game in the middle, I think they rotated 1 defensive linemen. And, had 2 LBs. I truly be the defense was worn down. G-Water couldnt pass the ball at all, Kilgore secondary shut em down.

Kilgores Kick team, needs better coaching, both TDs players were absolutely out of their lanes leaving the back side wide open, which led to two run backs.

Also, believe the play calling was STILL predictable until we got in passing situations, which Kilgore isnt the best at because they dont pass alot.

All in all, it was a physical game. It was absolutely a great game. But miscues cost Kilgore and G-Water capitalized on em.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Alright. Let’s do this. Congrats on beating your second mediocre team of the year. Hopefully we won’t give the game away like Kilgore did and hopefully we won’t have this officiating crew. 

It’s your birthday and you have nothing better to do then keep up with GW as usual. It’ll be like the last several times next week don’t even waste your money 

Special teams for Kilgore was terrible. Two kickoff returns for TDs. First punt snap scoots past the punter. Second punt snap sails over the punter's head. And the attempted return of a kickoff that bounced into the endzone is a head scratcher for sure.

Good game, Gladewater. 

Just now, KildogDad said:

Special teams for Kilgore was terrible. Two kickoff returns for TDs. First punt snap scoots past the punter. Second punt snap sails over the punter's head. And the attempted return of a kickoff that bounced into the endzone is a head scratcher for sure.

Good game, Gladewater. 

Noticed they also caught a kickoff that was going out of bounds near the end of the game that would have given them better field position 

If the O-Line situation dont improve dramatically for Kilgore, regardless it will be a long season. Might scout the JV or Freshman team, because its been three games and I haven't seen any improvement. I dont think the QB trust the line long enough to make good reads.

2 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Wow. Really Kilgore? Didn’t see this coming.

This team is a good one. Not sure if playing a couple of easier teams like Terrell and Alvarado went to their head or what. The offense played well for the most part. So did the defense. We have several guys who can catch a pass and a couple who can run away from you after they catch it. Epps is the main running back but we have a couple of other guys who can tote the rock. The defense is still good. Should be quite a bit of coaching up this next week.

8 minutes ago, HJR7 said:

If the O-Line situation dont improve dramatically for Kilgore, regardless it will be a long season. Might scout the JV or Freshman team, because its been three games and I haven't seen any improvement. I dont think the QB trust the line long enough to make good reads.

That's been my concern since the Carthage game. 

1 minute ago, KildogDad said:

That's been my concern since the Carthage game. 

I figured every game would get better after Carthage just havent happen. I dont know if they are too slow or not strong enough or what. Definitely have the size, seems like something is missing. 

And, the back bone of the Freshman team is their O-Line. Maybe bringing a Freshman up will light a fire underneath em. Something..lol

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Alright. Let’s do this. Congrats on beating your second mediocre team of the year. Hopefully we won’t give the game away like Kilgore did and hopefully we won’t have this officiating crew. 

Y’all gonna get smacked just like the last 6 or 7 years...