Gladewater 1-2 at Kilgore

Golfingnut

16 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

after watching highlights on Gladewater you are correct...DJ is very very good and will be a tough task...he may very well go off for 200 yds recieving with 2 TD's (doubtful, but possible)...but, in the end still lose the game 42-21...just a thought 😉

You sound really confident in your offense. What happened in the Carthage when the Dawgs scored only 7?

1 minute ago, GWBears01 said:

You sound really confident in your offense. What happened in the Carthage when the Dawgs scored only 7?

our offense is still a work in progress too...but we have weapons just like Gladewater does and are getting better....what happened to Gladewater defense vs Gilmer and Center...???...and I know your not going to try and compare Gladewater defense to Carthage..???...thinking that well, if Carthage can do it then surely we can..???...lol...anythings possible I guess... it's a game 😏

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kdogs00 said:

our offense is still a work in progress too...but we have weapons just like Gladewater does and are getting better....what happened to Gladewater defense vs Gilmer and Center...???...and I know your not going to try and compare Gladewater defense to Carthage..???...thinking that well, if Carthage can do it then surely we can..???...lol...anythings possible I guess... it's a game 😏

our defense hasnt been great all season, nobody has claimed as such

1 minute ago, kdogs00 said:

No disrespect. I’ve seen the games y’all have played and no doubt there are some athletes on the field. I’m just not sure I buy into a blowout. We aren’t Carthage but we aren’t Terrell either. This will be a game. I don’t see a 21 point blowout. 

Just now, GWBears01 said:

No disrespect. I’ve seen the games y’all have played and no doubt there are some athletes on the field. I’m just not sure I buy into a blowout. We aren’t Carthage but we aren’t Terrell either. This will be a game. I don’t see a 21 point blowout. 

I don't see one either...I actually think 35-28 type game either way

Just now, GWBears01 said:

We returned 9 on offense so it’s expected that our offense would be ahead of the defense at this point. If y’all hold us to 21 I’ll tip my hat. 

I'm not going to say you cant score more than 21 on our defense because obviously it's been done...I'm just saying the only team that has done it is Carthage...just my opinion but, if yall score more than Carthage did then turnovers or special teams played a roll...again, not saying it cant be done but, I just know it will take a special complete team offensive wise to do it...and in the end if you do I will most definitely tip my hat as well

24 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

I'm not going to say you cant score more than 21 on our defense because obviously it's been done...I'm just saying the only team that has done it is Carthage...just my opinion but, if yall score more than Carthage did then turnovers or special teams played a roll...again, not saying it cant be done but, I just know it will take a special complete team offensive wise to do it...and in the end if you do I will most definitely tip my hat as well

Special teams can definitely play a part. In 3 games we’ve had several long kick and punt returns. If you guys held Carthage to 27 I do believe your defense to be legitimate I just wonder how in sync they were in the first game with lots of new faces on the field. Our team was able to somewhat pickup where they left of since we returned 9 on that side. This should be a fun game. I think either team can win but I will admit it will take a good effort on our part to overcome the depth that Kilgore will have. If we do win though it won’t be the first time we’ve done it in the last 10 years 😁

3 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Special teams can definitely play a part. In 3 games we’ve had several long kick and punt returns. If you guys held Carthage to 27 I do believe your defense to be legitimate I just wonder how in sync they were in the first game with lots of new faces on the field. Our team was able to somewhat pickup where they left of since we returned 9 on that side. This should be a fun game. I think either team can win but I will admit it will take a good effort on our part to overcome the depth that Kilgore will have. If we do win though it won’t be the first time we’ve done it in the last 10 years 😁

Carthage most definitely wasn't firing on all cylinders...but a misfiring Carthage team is still better then a lot of teams...also, Kilgore was a couple of plays away from holding them potentially to 20 pts or less in that game....and yes, I agree this should be a fun game...just pray both teams get better and stay healthy 

Looked it up and definitely worth noting that Kilgore turned in 1081 to UIL and Gladewater an even 500. Depth will definitely be an issue !  I do like the games our coaches scheduled to get us ready tho. We shouldn’t be overwhelmed by anyone we see with the teams we have played. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Looked it up and definitely worth noting that Kilgore turned in 1081 to UIL and Gladewater an even 500. Depth will definitely be an issue !  I do like the games our coaches scheduled to get us ready tho. We shouldn’t be overwhelmed by anyone we see with the teams we have played. 

based on enrollment Kilgore shouldn't have any reason depth wise not to win...but thats why we play the game...turnovers and special teams could be huge in this game

46 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

It’s always convenient to bring up enrollment as a potential excuse in your back pocket. If enrollment was at all a factor in high school football, we wouldn’t have gone 16-0 in 2004 as one of the smallest schools in 4A... don’t bring up that garbage excuse. 

22 minutes ago, JR88 said:

It’s always convenient to bring up enrollment as a potential excuse in your back pocket. If enrollment was at all a factor in high school football, we wouldn’t have gone 16-0 in 2004 as one of the smallest schools in 4A... don’t bring up that garbage excuse. 

😂😂😂 10-4 Mr. Sensitive. 

25 minutes ago, JR88 said:

You do realize we aren’t in the same classification right ?  We are 2 divisions down. Would you think depth would be an issue if Kilgore played Longview ?  It’s not an excuse. It is reality. 

1 hour ago, GWBears01 said:

Looked it up and definitely worth noting that Kilgore turned in 1081 to UIL and Gladewater an even 500. Depth will definitely be an excuse !!  I do like the games our coaches scheduled to get us ready tho. We shouldn’t be overwhelmed by anyone we see with the teams we have played. 

I fixed it for you. 

• Like 1