Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Gladewater 1-2 at Kilgore


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll give props to G-Water, I think Kilgore gave it away. Here's my thoughts. *Kilgore didnt adjust to the power run game in the middle, I think they rotated 1 defensive linemen. And, had 2 LBs.

just for the record I think the last time Kilgore and Longview played Longview was like ranked #2 in the state...and Kilgore won!!!....lol...haven't played ever since 🤣

I could be wrong but I dont remember Hatten burning #2 anytime..heck everytime I remember them throwing #2's way it was either great coverage..a pass breakup..or a pick..only cb we had get eat up that

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, PapaBear1 said:

Bears are getting Hoed

I know right. The three flags that came out for blocks in the back and holding on that second return for TD

Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright. Let’s do this. Congrats on beating your second mediocre team of the year. Hopefully we won’t give the game away like Kilgore did and hopefully we won’t have this officiating crew. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Final??

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll give props to G-Water, I think Kilgore gave it away. Here's my thoughts.

*Kilgore didnt adjust to the power run game in the middle, I think they rotated 1 defensive linemen. And, had 2 LBs. I truly be the defense was worn down. G-Water couldnt pass the ball at all, Kilgore secondary shut em down.

Kilgores Kick team, needs better coaching, both TDs players were absolutely out of their lanes leaving the back side wide open, which led to two run backs.

Also, believe the play calling was STILL predictable until we got in passing situations, which Kilgore isnt the best at because they dont pass alot.

All in all, it was a physical game. It was absolutely a great game. But miscues cost Kilgore and G-Water capitalized on em.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Alright. Let’s do this. Congrats on beating your second mediocre team of the year. Hopefully we won’t give the game away like Kilgore did and hopefully we won’t have this officiating crew. 

It’s your birthday and you have nothing better to do then keep up with GW as usual. It’ll be like the last several times next week don’t even waste your money 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

It’s your birthday and you have nothing better to do then keep up with GW as usual. It’ll be like the last several times next week don’t even waste your money 

Guess we’ll find out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Special teams for Kilgore was terrible. Two kickoff returns for TDs. First punt snap scoots past the punter. Second punt snap sails over the punter's head. And the attempted return of a kickoff that bounced into the endzone is a head scratcher for sure.

Good game, Gladewater. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KildogDad said:

Special teams for Kilgore was terrible. Two kickoff returns for TDs. First punt snap scoots past the punter. Second punt snap sails over the punter's head. And the attempted return of a kickoff that bounced into the endzone is a head scratcher for sure.

Good game, Gladewater. 

Noticed they also caught a kickoff that was going out of bounds near the end of the game that would have given them better field position 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the O-Line situation dont improve dramatically for Kilgore, regardless it will be a long season. Might scout the JV or Freshman team, because its been three games and I haven't seen any improvement. I dont think the QB trust the line long enough to make good reads.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Wow. Really Kilgore? Didn’t see this coming.

This team is a good one. Not sure if playing a couple of easier teams like Terrell and Alvarado went to their head or what. The offense played well for the most part. So did the defense. We have several guys who can catch a pass and a couple who can run away from you after they catch it. Epps is the main running back but we have a couple of other guys who can tote the rock. The defense is still good. Should be quite a bit of coaching up this next week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HJR7 said:

If the O-Line situation dont improve dramatically for Kilgore, regardless it will be a long season. Might scout the JV or Freshman team, because its been three games and I haven't seen any improvement. I dont think the QB trust the line long enough to make good reads.

That's been my concern since the Carthage game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KildogDad said:

That's been my concern since the Carthage game. 

I figured every game would get better after Carthage just havent happen. I dont know if they are too slow or not strong enough or what. Definitely have the size, seems like something is missing. 

 

And, the back bone of the Freshman team is their O-Line. Maybe bringing a Freshman up will light a fire underneath em. Something..lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Alright. Let’s do this. Congrats on beating your second mediocre team of the year. Hopefully we won’t give the game away like Kilgore did and hopefully we won’t have this officiating crew. 

Y’all gonna get smacked just like the last 6 or 7 years...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PapaBear1 said:

Y’all gonna get smacked just like the last 6 or 7 years...

We ain’t SH but keep that same energy. 

  • Stinks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Eagleborn said:

We ain’t SH but keep that same energy. 

And? We been smacking y’all.. what SH got to do with it? You think The Eagles are better cause of the center results? Anyway nobody wins a argument with you so I’m wasting my time.. see ya next week

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Alright. Let’s do this. Congrats on beating your second mediocre team of the year. Hopefully we won’t give the game away like Kilgore did and hopefully we won’t have this officiating crew. 

You won't have to worry about giving it away... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PapaBear1 said:

And? We been smacking y’all.. what SH got to do with it? You think The Eagles are better cause of the center results? Anyway nobody wins a argument with you so I’m wasting my time.. see ya next week

That’s what I love about y’all. Assuming. Keep that energy. It’s great. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...