La Vega Pirates(3-0) @ Argyle Eagles(3-0) Week 4

regaleagle

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

Same as last year.  Argyle in sept LV in dec.

Nothing ever stays the same for very long in this life.  Too many outside forces always changing for things to stay the same for very long.  So we might as well enjoy what's in front of us while we have it and not expect it to ever be that way for too much longer.

5 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Nothing ever stays the same for very long in this life.  Too many outside forces always changing for things to stay the same for very long.  So we might as well enjoy what's in front of us while we have it and not expect it to ever be that way for too much longer.

Agreed.  Assuming they're still letting them play football in Dec.  I hear ya.

22 hours ago, regaleagle said:

On a side note.......Braden Baker had 2 ACL's on his legs that have prevented him from playing football since his Freshman season at Argyle. Both were sustained early in the season each year.  But he has worked tirelessly and built his body to what it is now and has never deterred from his goal to wear that Argyle uniform and play on Friday nights for Argyle.  He was very fast and showed so much ability in his early career........and now here he is in his senior season living out his dream.  He has a special bond with the Argyle coaches and players........they all love him and respect him highly for all the tenacity and work he has undergone to stay the course.  Most players would have hung it up by now.........but Braden has persevered in the face of adversity doubled and is now reaping his rewards on Friday nights under the lights with his Argyle teammates.

Baker is definitely the fastest kid on the Argyle team which has often been under the radar.  He was running varsity track 4X100 as a freshman before the knee issue(s) as a soph/junior.  Only Kirkpatrick comes close to his speed on a track but we all know football field speed can be very different.  Anyway, the kid is an absolute delight to be around and it is wonderful to see him get some reps and attention he has persistently and humbly worked to deserve.  

9 minutes ago, tartar said:

Baker is definitely the fastest kid on the Argyle team which has often been under the radar.  He was running varsity track 4X100 as a freshman before the knee issue(s) as a soph/junior.  Only Kirkpatrick comes close to his speed on a track but we all know football field speed can be very different.  Anyway, the kid is an absolute delight to be around and it is wonderful to see him get some reps and attention he has persistently and humbly worked to deserve.  

He certainly looked speedy against Celina. Kirkpatrick's speed was seen on a little short route that he caught, made one guy miss and then just burned his way down the sideline for the score. Baker didn't have a ton of running room against the Bobcats, but you could see the speed. Happy that young man has fought his way back.

1 hour ago, d0tc0m said:

He certainly looked speedy against Celina. Kirkpatrick's speed was seen on a little short route that he caught, made one guy miss and then just burned his way down the sideline for the score. Baker didn't have a ton of running room against the Bobcats, but you could see the speed. Happy that young man has fought his way back.

You're right about not having much running room.  Celina's D-line fought our kids as tough as anybody. We better step it up this week or it's going to be a rough night for whoever is in the backfield.

6 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

With LV QB Rauls out, gotta go with Argyle. LV will be too 1 dimensional. At least there was a threat throw the ball before. But now with Jordan Rodgers playing QB, Argyle can really load the box. Should still be a good game.

Yeah......I already addressed that very issue on the wrong thread a while ago.......I mistakenly posted it to the Argyle/Celina thread, LOL.  But there are  two posts in a row that really belong on this thread about the LV game upcoming.  

Okay......it's Monday and I have my Smart TV all set up with the Youtube App for this week's game to watch it on my TV instead of my laptop.  And now I can do that for the rest of the games all season, too.  Forget about getting a ticket on the Argyle allotment if you are from Argyle......or maybe even if you live in the Metroplex and will sit on the LV side to see this game......I dunno.  The trip from Waco for La Vega takes about 2 hrs(and 2 hrs back) so I don't know how many might not come since it will be Livestreamed and available to watch in the comfort of their own homes without driving.  NFHS will also be carrying a Livestream of this game this week if you are or want to subscribe to their site.  That site carries a good mix of Livestreamed and Taped games each week of member schools for any subscriber to watch Live or at anytime afterwards.  Argyle is not a member school of NFHS, but has its own Channel for Livestreaming games thru Youtube or Boxcast for the Roku, Apple, and Firestick TV crowd.  Downloading the Youtube App to your TV to see this game requires a Smart TV.......otherwise you can watch on Youtube Livestreamed on your laptop.

Eagle Stadium in Argyle has a seating capacity of 5000/plus some bleachers in the South end zone for the Argyle Band.   At 50% capacity, that means roughly 2500 tickets allotted for this game.......most likely around 700 for the visiting side would be my best guess.  I don't think the LV band will be counted, so that leaves about 1650 seats for the Argyle side since the band and drill team take up less than 150.   I think the Argyle side seats about 3200.....just to give you an idea.  There's also some seating on a patio type outdoor atmosphere in the North end zone area by the concessions......it's a pretty cool area for a football game setting.

12 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Okay......it's Monday and I have my Smart TV all set up with the Youtube App for this week's game to watch it on my TV instead of my laptop.  And now I can do that for the rest of the games all season, too.  Forget about getting a ticket on the Argyle allotment if you are from Argyle......or maybe even if you live in the Metroplex and will sit on the LV side to see this game......I dunno.  The trip from Waco for La Vega takes about 2 hrs(and 2 hrs back) so I don't know how many might not come since it will be Livestreamed and available to watch in the comfort of their own homes without driving.  NFHS will also be carrying a Livestream of this game this week if you are or want to subscribe to their site.  That site carries a good mix of Livestreamed and Taped games each week of member schools for any subscriber to watch Live or at anytime afterwards.  Argyle is not a member school of NFHS, but has its own Channel for Livestreaming games thru Youtube or Boxcast for the Roku, Apple, and Firestick TV crowd.  Downloading the Youtube App to your TV to see this game requires a Smart TV.......otherwise you can watch on Youtube Livestreamed on your laptop.

Argyle's duo does a pretty good job. NFHS was having some technical difficulties last week that killed the Celina stream against the Eagles, so I switched over to Argyle's broadcast. I thought the two guys did really well. They cracked me up each time Celina scored, because they LOATHE the ol' swingin' gate formation the Bobcats do before PATs. But I'll have no problem turning the Argyle livestream on anytime this season, simply because those gentlemen — I forgot their names — do a good job.

12 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Eagle Stadium in Argyle has a seating capacity of 5000/plus some bleachers in the South end zone for the Argyle Band.   At 50% capacity, that means roughly 2500 tickets allotted for this game.......most likely around 700 for the visiting side would be my best guess.  I don't think the LV band will be counted, so that leaves about 1650 seats for the Argyle side since the band and drill team take up less than 150.   I think the Argyle side seats about 3200.....just to give you an idea.  There's also some seating on a patio type outdoor atmosphere in the North end zone area by the concessions......it's a pretty cool area for a football game setting.

I know it's been stated a few times, but for regular season game, I wouldn't look for the Pirates to travel very well. Maybe Argyle fills up both sides of the stands lol. But if you're a fan of good football in the Metroplex, you won't find a better game to take in on Friday night. Perhaps you can get a ticket.

LV First 3 games they have played:

#8 Calhoun - W

#7 Connally- W 4A D2

#7 Calallen- W

Tough 3 games and they past all the test now they will take on # 1 Argyle 

I just think LA Vega may be the real deal this season. Argyle is tough but they still have some work to do i think LV is hitting on all cylinders already so bearing a injury to one of their main players I have LV in a close one.

Lv 35

Argyle 31

1 hour ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

LV First 3 games they have played:

#8 Calhoun - W

#7 Connally- W 4A D2

#7 Calallen- W

Tough 3 games and they past all the test now they will take on # 1 Argyle 

I just think LA Vega may be the real deal this season. Argyle is tough but they still have some work to do i think LV is hitting on all cylinders already so bearing a injury to one of their main players I have LV in a close one.

Lv 35

Argyle 31

If the QB is injured like it is reported, I think that is probably an important one in this game.

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

If the QB is injured like it is reported, I think that is probably an important one in this game.

Rauls has a broken arm/hand, to my understanding. They were still able to overcome Calallen. But Argyle is a few notches better than Calallen right now. Should be a good game. I think both teams will have success, offensively.

I like Argyle in this one. The Eagles are averaging 47 points a game. The Pirates are averaging 18 points a game. Argyle can score quick and often, and LaVega make long methodical drives. Argyle will give up some big runs, but they will also make some stops to force 3 and outs. I see Argyle winning by 2-3 scores. This Eagles team has not hit its peak yet. Argyle 42 LaVega 28

It's difficult to get a grasp on the La Vega football team at this juncture.......they just don't have any filmclips or youtube livestream tapes out there for me to view.  So as an interested fan from Argyle I really have no way to gauge their team like I can by watching this kind of stuff from other teams.  I would assume they are much like last year's team......minus their throwing QB. but with some younger players from that team last season that are now one year more seasoned.  They lost some players.......but so did Argyle and now look at Argyle this season with some of the younger players they played last season.  And Argyle has a bunch of sophs and juniors playing on this year's team also.......so I figure La Vega does too.  I still think this game is a toss-up even without Rauls in there at QB.........La Vega's defense is in the "great" category and so are their RB's.  Argyle's defense and RB's are NOT.......but we have a very good QB and receiving corp La Vega cannot match either........hence a Toss-up.

What most fans really want to see is a great football game filled with exciting plays between these two highly ranked adversaries.  Whether Argyle wins this game or La Vega does......if the score is close then neither team will suffer much from the loss and BOTH teams will still be considered as a contender to win the region.  There are a couple of other teams out there in Region 2 that could also contend for the region.......like Melissa and Midlothian Heritage to name just two.  Things can happen during the regular season that can change things by the time we get to that point........so what we have this week is a chance to see a really good ballgame between two very good and exciting Class 4A football teams......GOTW Livestreamed for everybody to watch.

19 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

Argyle's duo does a pretty good job. NFHS was having some technical difficulties last week that killed the Celina stream against the Eagles, so I switched over to Argyle's broadcast. I thought the two guys did really well. They cracked me up each time Celina scored, because they LOATHE the ol' swingin' gate formation the Bobcats do before PATs. But I'll have no problem turning the Argyle livestream on anytime this season, simply because those gentlemen — I forgot their names — do a good job.

Kenny Arthur and Andy Smith do the play by play on the Argyle Broadcasting Network for listening to the game on your computer, but I don't know who was doing the Livestream broadcast last week.  I think those are two different sets of calls......aren't they?   WFAA in Dallas will also be carrying this game Livestreamed on their network this week......with their team on the call.  I guess that's how it works.......or does it???  I'm not sure how all this Livestream broadcasting is set up each week and how it coordinates with the regular broadcasters on a Listen Live programming like Sportsgram carries for Argyle.  Because Argyle has both this season, I just thought they are separate teams of broadcasters......one for the Livestreaming and one for the Listen Live.

6 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Kenny Arthur and Andy Smith do the play by play on the Argyle Broadcasting Network for listening to the game on your computer, but I don't know who was doing the Livestream broadcast last week.  I think those are two different sets of calls......aren't they?   WFAA in Dallas will also be carrying this game Livestreamed on their network this week......with their team on the call.  I guess that's how it works.......or does it???  I'm not sure how all this Livestream broadcasting is set up each week and how it coordinates with the regular broadcasters on a Listen Live programming like Sportsgram carries for Argyle.  Because Argyle has both this season, I just thought they are separate teams of broadcasters......one for the Livestreaming and one for the Listen Live.

Well, I can't speak for Argyle, but Celina's radio play-by-play guys also handle the livestream. The two different mediums can actually work hand-in-hand fairly well for the most part, depending on your setup. I'll say Argyle's livestream guys sounded like their usual play-by-play guys as well. WFAA did the Celina vs Paris game, and they did a fine job. It was just one guy doing the commentary, but he did just fine. He'll have a bit more of a busy, entertaining matchup this week. Since it's a home game, though, Argyle still reserves the rights to the broadcast, so their usual guys can still do a livestream on their YouTube channel.

1 hour ago, Everide2016 said:

Argyle has won the regular season game in 2018 and 2019, then lost to La Vega in the playoffs both years.  Also lost to La Vega in playoffs in 2015. 

I'm going with Argyle not based on the above, but just looks like Argyle's wins are a little better than La Vega's.

La Vega's wins are no joke, though, in my opinion. They beat two 5A dropdown in Calhoun and Calallen, and narrowly escaped what might be a sneaky good Connally group from Region III in Div. II. BUT I will say Argyle has the best win of the bunch, putting up 52 points on a title game favorite Pleasant Grove that has a highly-touted defensive front.

That win alone might outshine all of La Vega's combined. But all that matters very little come Friday. I believe La Vega will have some success, especially early on, running the football, and I'd look for a couple of long TD scampers. But if they don't demonstrate an ability to throw the football, Argyle will adjust, and then pull away in the third quarter. If the Pirates can find a passing game that's effective enough to keep the Eagles defense honest, then they can grind out another close win.

Stopping the Eagles offense will be a tall task for La Vega, but they've got the guys to do it. If they create some turnovers early, or force Argyle into some three-and-outs early in the game, then that bodes well. If Argyle scores quick and easily in their opening drive(s), like they have so far this season, then it'll be another big night for Rogers, Kirkpatrick, Walker, Lott and the rest of the group.

• Like 1