Leopards vs Rabbits battle of Hwy 59

Liger01

Who wins?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• LE
    • Atlanta

16 minutes ago, WiseGuy said:

this one is always a coin flip... regardless of how good or bad these teams are when they meet. 

This is always an exciting game to see. Hoping both teams come out injury free and ready to roll on.

I'll be rooting for the rabbs in the rest of their games after this one

I'm still rolling with the Leopards in this one.No doubt, some of the best games have been between these two teams. The Leopard defense is going to surprise a few opponents this season.  However, I think it will be closer than what most think. 

On 9/16/2020 at 9:43 AM, H3llR4z0r said:

I wrote out a big long post but I'm just gonna say, that I don't expect any team anytime soon to compare to 03. The opponents we faced in our 4 game skid in 2003 were far superior to those we face in preseason now. We also had a pedigree for winning in 2003. 

I’m not sure I’d be saying “anytime soon”. Have you looked at the pipeline Atlanta has coming up? If you haven’t had a chance to watch the 8th grade group I’d suggest catching a game. They made LE fold before halftime last night. 32-0 at the half! The freshman class has a couple studs as well. And Dickerson is only a sophomore. In this classification all it takes is a few kids to make a run. 

2 hours ago, SD99 said:

I’m not sure I’d be saying “anytime soon”. Have you looked at the pipeline Atlanta has coming up? If you haven’t had a chance to watch the 8th grade group I’d suggest catching a game. They made LE fold before halftime last night. 32-0 at the half! The freshman class has a couple studs as well. And Dickerson is only a sophomore. In this classification all it takes is a few kids to make a run. 

If only winning at the lower classes translated to winning on varsity, we'd be in a lot better shape. The pipleine, as everyone calls it, in Atlanta has been strong for a while. I don't recall a shortage of athletes or speed... ever really. I'll go all the way back to my graduating class. Atlanta Rabbits classes of 07, 08, and 09 never lost a game in middle school. My class never had a team come within 20 points of us. 

Varsity records:
2007 - (2-9)
2008 - (2-8)
2009 - (3-7)

Takes way more than talent to translate to W's at the highest level.

Plus, it's hard to find kids as tough as them boys were in 03. Most remember 1 player in particular, but there were a bunch of studs on that team. And let's not forget about the speed... 

44burns.png

47 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

If only winning at the lower classes translated to winning on varsity, we'd be in a lot better shape. The pipleine, as everyone calls it, in Atlanta has been strong for a while. I don't recall a shortage of athletes or speed... ever really. I'll go all the way back to my graduating class. Atlanta Rabbits classes of 07, 08, and 09 never lost a game in middle school. My class never had a team come within 20 points of us. 

Varsity records:
2007 - (2-9)
2008 - (2-8)
2009 - (3-7)

Plus, it's hard to find kids as tough as them boys were in 03. Most remember 1 player in particular, but there were a bunch of studs on that team. And let's not forget about the speed... 

44burns.png

Yea, I’m not talking about just winning games. I’m talking about GAME CHANGERS! Dickerson, a couple freshman, and there are a couple on that 8th grade team that have a chance at starting on varsity next year. There will be several scholarship players come out of that group in multiple sports. Everyone likes to hold on to the past and say no one can be better than we were. Better get your popcorn ready! 

13 minutes ago, SD99 said:

Yea, I’m not talking about just winning games. I’m talking about GAME CHANGERS! Dickerson, a couple freshman, and there are a couple on that 8th grade team that have a chance at starting on varsity next year. There will be several scholarship players come out of that group in multiple sports. Everyone likes to hold on to the past and say no one can be better than we were. Better get your popcorn ready! 

My point is, talent only gets you so far. Atlanta has had more than their fair share of loaded teams with multiple D1 athletes in the last decade. 3 trips to the quarterfinals, and out of 144 minutes of combined gameplay, we led in only 1 of those games for 4 minutes and 50 seconds. You're talking about making a title run and we haven't even won a district championship since 2006. Baby steps.

I'm all about the positive though man. I watched the 8th grade team a lot last year, and I'm sure I'll catch them some this year. They do have some athletes. I'm just a realist, and I've seen a bunch of good teams fall way short of expectations, so I don't want to get my hopes up lol. 

On 9/19/2020 at 8:10 AM, AtlantaFan04 said:

Could've been much worse had the defense not played really well in the 1st half. Dickerson and Hamilton going out of the game totally changed the complexion of the offense and sealed our fate.

I agree. Defense kept us in the game. Several times Atlanta made a stop, got the ball back, and turned it back over on the first play. 

On 9/18/2020 at 9:05 AM, H3llR4z0r said:

Varsity records:
2007 - (2-9)
2008 - (2-8)
2009 - (3-7)

44burns.png

loaded with studs but chuck burns was definitely in a league of his own