Lindale vs Gilmer

Jakeelee05

Week 4  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/19/2020 at 12:30 AM

Gilmer's offense looks lethal. Tennison looks good throwing the ball, and he's got an almost endless list of good playmakers. Hurt looks good at receiver, and Griffin, Smith, Spraglin and Fluellen all do too. The Buckeyes look like they've found something that was missing the past couple of years. Watching some of the highlights from the Atlanta game, the Buckeyes sort of had their way with the Rabbits, and but for a few turnovers and miscues, that game could have been even uglier.

Atlanta looked like they had a TON of speed — they always do — and it looked like it was going to cause Gilmer all sorts of fits early on. But the Buckeyes defense got adjusted and didn't give up as much as it looked like they were going to.

Haven't seen Lindale yet. I'm sure they'll be solid. Don't know if they'll have enough, defensively, to keep the Buckeyes bottled up for long. I'll take Gilmer in this one.

So tell me about this Baylor commit RB yall have. Looks to be a pretty good size fella. Been watching some highlights and watched the whole game from last week vs Van. Ready to see how our D does against a legit RB and if we are able to contain him. Hopefully we wont start off so rough and put together a complete game this week. Just ready for game day to get here.

He is a beast. Van did a good job against him. He is a never quit runner. When you think he is going down he either breaks free or gains 5 extra yards before he does go down. Not sure why but he has always struggled with Van. There are other play makers on the team too though. #4 Jaymond Jackson has 9 D1 offers. I don’t believe he has committed yet though. Our QB is pretty good. Has some really nice passes and can run the ball pretty well. He isn’t afraid to lower his head and hit somebody. We have a couple of pretty good receivers too. I know Gilmer is tough. I’m just hoping we can make a game of it and the good Lord willing, pull out the win

I do think the Buckeyes will win, but it won't be a cake walk like some seem to think, unless they fix some of the mistakes they have been making.  The mistakes that are obvious are the continual bad snaps which throw the timing of plays off, fumbles on special teams, and some penalties at inopportune times.  The defense usually starts slow by giving up a lot of yards, but at least they do make adjustments at halftime that actually work.  The good news is we are 3-0 even with the mistakes, and if they are fixed, we will definitely be a contender for a district title and more.

3 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

I do think the Buckeyes will win, but it won't be a cake walk like some seem to think, unless they fix some of the mistakes they have been making.  The mistakes that are obvious are the continual bad snaps which throw the timing of plays off, fumbles on special teams, and some penalties at inopportune times.  The defense usually starts slow by giving up a lot of yards, but at least they do make adjustments at halftime that actually work.  The good news is we are 3-0 even with the mistakes, and if they are fixed, we will definitely be a contender for a district title and more.

If I was the Gilmer HC the center would be icing his arm every night from all the snaps in practice.  At game four he should be able to get it right.

1 minute ago, PantherNation2015 said:

If I was the Gilmer HC the center would be icing his arm every night from all the snaps in practice.  At game four he should be able to get it right.

I wholeheartedly agree.  It's either fix the snaps, or find somebody who can.  I'm pretty sure he is getting a healthy dose of snap practicing in.  He has gotten better, but it still happens a little too often for my taste.

17 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

I wholeheartedly agree.  It's either fix the snaps, or find somebody who can.  I'm pretty sure he is getting a healthy dose of snap practicing in.  He has gotten better, but it still happens a little too often for my taste.

Yes it looks like he is focusing too much on getting to his block vs getting the snap off first.

11 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Yes it looks like he is focusing too much on getting to his block vs getting the snap off first.

It's a tough gig, man, especially on some of those blocking schemes. The center is asked to do a whole lot pre-snap. But at the end of the day, what you guys are saying is right, you've got to get a clean snap, or everything else will wind up being for naught.

On 9/15/2020 at 9:18 AM, Sbk5280 said:

So tell me about this Baylor commit RB yall have. Looks to be a pretty good size fella. Been watching some highlights and watched the whole game from last week vs Van. Ready to see how our D does against a legit RB and if we are able to contain him. Hopefully we wont start off so rough and put together a complete game this week. Just ready for game day to get here.

In three seasons vs Van he's done nothing. 160 yds in 3 games. 39 carries for 103 last 2 seasons. I'm not familiar with his stats vs others but he didn't break many tackles against us and never really seemed too shifty or fast. I'd take that #22 joker Gilmer had last season in a heartbeat. That boy could go! 

In interviews though he does seem like a good kid so I'll pull for his success in college now that he done with the Vandals.