Tyler high vs Pine Tree scrimmage

cujoforlife

7 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

I expect JT to dominate. 

But wouldn’t be shocked to see PT hang.  They are loaded offensively. 

We'll see. Tyler high has SOLID size and speed across the board. TH will most likely work on the run game. With that being said, TH's secondary is going to challenge their wr core throughout. 

Lots of young talent at JT. Hearing of a 4 or 5 Freshman on varsity and lots of soph.   Really interested in seeing who the QB will be. Kinda have a better idea on who it will be. Also interested in the new LBs.   Oline should be alot better.  

PT returns alot.  Good test for both teams. Good to see PT building a program.

Just now, JTFAN99 said:

Lots of young talent at JT. Hearing of a 4 or 5 Freshman on varsity and lots of soph.   Really interested in seeing who the QB will be. Kinda have a better idea on who it will be. Also interested in the new LBs.   Oline should be alot better.  

PT returns alot.  Good test for both teams. Good to see PT building a program.

This is all facts! The sophomore and incoming freshman classes are SOLID!!! Tyler high will be a  force to be reckoned with in short order soon. 

9 minutes ago, CUJONATION83 said:

This is all facts! The sophomore and incoming freshman classes are SOLID!!! Tyler high will be a  force to be reckoned with in short order soon. 

The talent is there.  Just like to see who will be under center with this talent before I feel more confident.  I'm pretty sure now who it will be. 

4 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

The talent is there.  Just like to see who will be under center with this talent before I feel more confident.  I'm pretty sure now who it will be. 

If they are run heavy like have been it won’t matter who is at QB as long as he can make the passes that they as him to make. I see the offense staying the way has been the last three years.

9 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

If they are run heavy like have been it won’t matter who is at QB as long as he can make the passes that they as him to make. I see the offense staying the way has been the last three years.

if you don't have a decent qb, he won't be able to make the passes.   

19 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

That’s not true. I have seen teams with a qb at passing and still win a lot of games. But the running game has to be on point.

How effective do you think the run game will be if the QB is no threat in the passing game.  I think our Oline will be improved but this aint the Oline you saw during the 90s.   But no need of going back and forth, we will see soon.  Hopefully qb play will be decent.

47 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

How effective do you think the run game will be if the QB is no threat in the passing game.  I think our Oline will be improved but this aint the Oline you saw during the 90s.   But no need of going back and forth, we will see soon.  Hopefully qb play will be decent.

This is how I feel as well. Your qb doesn't have to an all American, but he needs to be able to make certain throws CONSISTENTLY for you win games. I need to see how our O line blocks as well. 

3 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

I just don’t see putting a freshman at qb. As it is at the moment all the qb will be pass when needed. We shouldn’t forget that most of the WR couldnt catch at cold. Let hope that has gotten better.

34 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

I just don’t see putting a freshman at qb. As it is at the moment all the qb will be pass when needed. We shouldn’t forget that most of the WR couldnt catch at cold. Let hope that has gotten better.

you probably right about the fresh qb.  Its going to be Sanchez or Pinkard.

37 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

Pinkard is going to be the qb. BTW,  we will have a different wr core from last year. Trust me, they can catch better than the group last year did. 

32 minutes ago, CUJONATION83 said:

Pinkard is going to be the qb. BTW,  we will have a different wr core from last year. Trust me, they can catch better than the group last year did. 

Seeing that it is just a scrimmage. I see coach Holmes playing both of them to see who gets the job.

4 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

It means what it says.....The demographics are much different at Pine Tree than it has been historically.

I don't know anything about it's historical demographics, etc. I didn't grow up around there.

Sherman (even with lots of penalties) whipped Princeton in scrimmage. Pine Tree will probably roll all over Princeton.

26 minutes ago, alyssaB said:

I don't know anything about it's historical demographics, etc. I didn't grow up around there.

Sherman (even with lots of penalties) whipped Princeton in scrimmage. Pine Tree will probably roll all over Princeton.

It means Pine Tree has been historically white and not very good.  Now they have a growing minority population and the team reflects that...