Tyler high vs Pine Tree scrimmage

cujoforlife

11 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

It means Pine Tree has been historically white and not very good.  Now they have a growing minority population and the team reflects that...

That was my guess but I wanted to be sure about it. Thanks. 

But I knew a lot of nearly all White teams that were powerhouses. Princeton is only about 1/3 White now and they are still small and not playing that strong. 

13 minutes ago, alyssaB said:

But I knew a lot of nearly all White teams that were powerhouses.

You'll notice that almost all of those are in Metroplex areas. I've yet to see a nearly all white team on the 5A/6A level that wasn't in the Metroplex areas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

You'll notice that almost all of those are in Metroplex areas. I've yet to see a nearly all white team on the 5A/6A level that wasn't in the Metroplex areas.

when you say metroplex areas you talking big cities in general rather than just the DFW metroxplex cause Westlake and Lake Travis aren't in the metroplex. Neither is Katy, although they have more minorities as of late.

At the lower levels there are other mostly white schools that are very good in football.  In 5a/6a Corpus Calallen is a powerhouse, Amarillo High  is usually pretty good too. Not sure if Midway counts anymore. 

Regardless, the point of my post was not about Pine Tree being good or bad, I just notice that Pine Tree football team was always mostly white and now its majority minority which shows a major shift in demographics in west Longview.  

7 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

when you say metroplex areas you talking big cities in general rather than just the DFW metroxplex cause Westlake and Lake Travis aren't in the metroplex. Neither is Katy, although they have more minorities as of late.

Metroplex areas, Dallas...Houston...Austin.

16 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Took a look at Pine Tree's roster.....This ain't the same Pine Tree anymore.  The demographics have changed alot in west Longview.  

Marshall dropped classification in 2003 and PT was already majority minority by then.  The shift started in the 90s or before. 

PT’s demographics reflect about the same as all of the East Texas 5A schools outside of Whitehouse and Hallsville.... who are both White Flight schools.   Most 5A schools in ETx have shrinking white student populations, steady black populations, and a rapidly growing Hispanic population.  

Some schools have just done a better job of inclusion and recruiting of Hispanic players (Marshall, Sulphur Springs, THS)  into football while others have struggled (Mount Pleasant, Jax)  

JMHO

6 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Marshall dropped classification in 2003 and PT was already majority minority by then.  The shift started in the 90s or before. 

PT’s demographics reflect about the same as all of the East Texas 5A schools outside of Whitehouse and Hallsville.... who are both White Flight schools.   Most 5A schools in ETx have shrinking white student populations, steady black populations, and a rapidly growing Hispanic population.  

Some schools have just done a better job of inclusion and recruiting of Hispanic players (Marshall, Sulphur Springs, THS)  into football while others have struggled (Mount Pleasant, Jax)  

JMHO

maybe the Pine Tree football team was majority minority but the according to TEA, the school didn't become majority minority to after 2010.  

Also, Lindale (which just dropped) was also another E TX  5a majority white school.  

3 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Anyone know if this scrimmage is being live streamed? 

Yes. I'll have some "semblance" of a stream.

Unfortunately, I have no Tyler information and can't see any numerals on the Lions jerseys from the Pressbox here at the stadium.

It will be what we have with mostly PT information since we do the call of Pine Tree Pirate Football.

We'll be on shortly.

RJ

4 minutes ago, RandyJohnson said:

Yes. I'll have some "semblance" of a stream.

Unfortunately, I have no Tyler information and can't see any numerals on the Lions jerseys from the Pressbox here at the stadium.

It will be what we have with mostly PT information since we do the call of Pine Tree Pirate Football.

We'll be on shortly.

RJ

Okay cool can you post the link?