Scrimmage: Longview vs Texas High

LoboFan07

11 hours ago, kingwolf said:

So, I agree it is definitely just a scrimmage and I have a few thoughts.

Lobo offense - had several bright spots when the passes were accurate. Several of the passing plays were open on several levels so we had more than 1 target to go with. run game had some bright spots but rarely had a runner get loose consistently. Problems - oline had trouble holding blocks and TH started getting pressure.

Lobo defense - run defense was very stout and did their thing...the secondary has a big drop in talent after our CB went out...I also did not see us adjust very well once they figured out how to attack it...

TH had a pretty solid defensive front 7, secondary could be beaten...offensively they were good with some solid WRs...they are going to make some noise in D2

So what are Tyler chances against them next week, you think we can pull it off? 

2 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Well, back in July...way before this scrimmage even took place...I was telling people T-High was going to be a problem statewide in 5AD2 mostly because of their defense. I'm sticking to that...I'll have to see yall against PT but I've been confident that TH > Tyler for a while now.

3 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Well, back in July...way before this scrimmage even took place...I was telling people T-High was going to be a problem statewide in 5AD2 mostly because of their defense. I'm sticking to that...I'll have to see yall against PT but I've been confident that TH > Tyler for a while now.

Ok, understandable, I’ll have to see the same thing cause I don’t know much about Tyler right now only by what I’ve seen or what people have have said about “potential”.  but i know if JT doesn’t have a good QB for next Thursday we are gonna get roasted next week, caused I watched the little bit they played against y’all, and look good on defense and the O didn’t look to shabby but if you have a decent defense you can manage. Just a lot of questions for Tyler that might can get answered tonight

On 4/29/2020 at 1:32 PM, ANTI said:

Wouldnt be surprised if Texas High is the team to beat in R3.

15 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I said July, but I actually started talking up T-High in April lol

42 minutes ago, LOL said:

Lol at the pearl clutching over the "brawl." Geez people... it was messy, the coaches handled it, it's over. Quit trying to make it a dadgum scandal. 

Its the Lobos.

Haters gonna hate, I wouldnt expect it any different.

Lobos vs Everybody isnt just a phrase, its reality lol

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, LOL said:

Lol at the pearl clutching over the "brawl." Geez people... it was messy, the coaches handled it, it's over. Quit trying to make it a dadgum scandal. 

Oh dude. You should've seen the righteous indignation after the 2010 "brawl" (you could hardly call it that) against Marshall. 

Soooo many people had to show what good people they are by immediately rushing here to criticize those evil evil lobos.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 10:11 AM, NODAYSOFFTX said:

One of the things that TH has issues with with the larger East Texas schools is usually the speed at most positions....I am not saying that TH doesn't have speed as they have plenty but the bigger schools just usually have more around the field...I didn't see that at the scrimmage...TH looks solid...

For this game, I think that it is going to be a real interesting to see how JT responds to the front 7...If you guys can do work against that front 7 then it goes Tyler's way....I won't make a prediction but think it should be a close game...