Scrimmage: Longview vs Texas High

LoboFan07

longview.pngtexashigh.png

LONGVIEW LOBOS VS TEXAS HIGH TIGERS

DATE: Thursday, September 17th, 2020
TIME: 7:00 PM
LONGVIEW BROADCAST: LISD.org

Lone scrimmage of the 2020 season for both teams gets underway this Thursday as the Tigers travel to Lobo Stadium. This will be the third year in a row the Lobos and Tigers have met in a scrimmage capacity, with the last meeting on the gridiron in the regular season coming in 2015. Longview and Texas High have met 63 times in their history, with the Lobos holding a 39-23-1 series lead. The Lobos have won the last 11 contests against the Tigers, dating back to the 1985 season.

Longview is coming off an 11-1 season, that saw them reach the 6A Division II Area round, where the Dallas Jesuit Rangers snapped Longview's 27-game winning streak. Longview dropped to Class 5A Division I for the 2020 and 2021 football seasons.

Texas High is coming off a 7-5 season, that saw them reach the 5A Division I Area round, where the Frisco Independence Knights defeated the Tigers 45-30. The Tigers made it to the second round of the post season for the first time since 2009 when they upset Lufkin, 41-35, in double overtime. Texas High dropped to Class 5A Division II for the 2020 and 2021 football seasons.

19 hours ago, Oldetexfan said:

Lobo Nation is starved for football! Enthusiasm is off the charts as evidenced by the crowd at the inter squad scrimmage yesterday.

Not sure how the crowd might be Thursday since it will be streamed. Weather could also be a factor.

Agreed...  great crowd for an intrasquad scrimmage, especially with COVID looming. I just hope we max out the allotment for the Temple game. We're gonna need our fans behind us for that one. 👍

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 6922 said:

I like Berry coming back ... Defense look and attitude he brings.

Co-sign...  my annual summer hand-wringing is always over the defense (just ask @ANTI about it, dude has to talk me off the ledge every August), but I've been consistent impressed with the intensity out of the defense from the very beginning of practice. These guys have been flying around and absolutely lighting folks up. You could really see that in the green-white scrimmage. Berry's doing solid work with these kids. 

While I expect there to be possible miscues caused by players occasionally being out of position (due in no small part to the abbreviated spring/summer practices), but I do NOT anticipate errors caused by guys sitting on their hands. Physicality and mindset will NOT be an issue, that's for dang sure. We've got some serious hitters. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Any word from T High fans on how the Tigers are looking so far in practice and such?

The coach has high hopes. Quite a few good players are returning. Defense may be better than last years.

Hopefully the QB will pass the first six weeks this year. 

14 minutes ago, Spothhb2 said:

The coach has high hopes. Quite a few good players are returning. Defense may be better than last years.

Hopefully the QB will pass the first six weeks this year. 

This is good...  I really want to see our young QBs get snaps against an aggressive pass rush, and see what kind of space our line gives our RBs. We've got a ridiculously talented backfield (as per usual), so giving them clear lanes to run will be the difference between a short or long playoff run. 

• Like 1