Week 5: Rains @ Mt. Vernon

MVFAN1

Rains has been putting up some numbers against some cupcakes to say the least but i do think they have a little bit of ability on that offensive side regardless of opponent so im anxious to see how they do. I think there is zero chance they can slow down MV. Im more interested in seeing how MVs defense does against an offense that isnt as inept as their first 2 opponents were.

Guest Tiger03lb

Rains offense can score if they want too. They were young last year when they played us but they showed a lot of potential. That qb if healthy will turn some heads. 

7 hours ago, chevyman said:

Rains has been putting up some numbers against some cupcakes to say the least but i do think they have a little bit of ability on that offensive side regardless of opponent so im anxious to see how they do. I think there is zero chance they can slow down MV. Im more interested in seeing how MVs defense does against an offense that isnt as inept as their first 2 opponents were.

Agreed. I think if MV keeps them under 20 I’ll take it. I expect MV to score 50+

3 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Something like 200 kids and 19 teachers/personnel. 

WOW! Has the school confirmed this or is it rumors?.... Kaufman (I believe) cancelled the Henderson game because Henderson had 86 kids positive in a 4A. 200 kids? Rains may have to ask themselves if they should put their kids in that situation. MV obviously doesn't care. 

6 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

WOW! Has the school confirmed this or is it rumors?.... Kaufman (I believe) cancelled the Henderson game because Henderson had 86 kids positive in a 4A. 200 kids? Rains may have to ask themselves if they should put their kids in that situation. MV obviously doesn't care. 

It was in a statement released yesterday and a video put out by the supt

8 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

They canceled school and all activities for Thursday and Friday.

44 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Something like 200 kids and 19 teachers/personnel. 

No, 200 kids and 19 teachers have had to quarantine since the start of school on August 6th. Only 3-4 people have tested positive for Covid, and it’s not currently 200 kids and 19 staff not currently at school, that’s how many they’ve had to quarantine since the beginning of school.