Week 5: Rains @ Mt. Vernon

MVFAN1

Mt. Vernon DOES NOT have 200 positive cases.  Since school began on August 6th, approximately 200 students and 19 teachers have been sent home to quarantine at various times due to exposure.  This was for precaution only.   For example, a Junior High cheerleader tested positive over the weekend, so on Monday 25 students who had been deemed to have been in close contact with the cheerleader,  either through cheer or assigned seating in classes, were sent home to quarantine for 14 days.  Just like most schools, Mt. Vernon has had some positive cases, but they are being proactive in requiring those who were in close contact who might have been exposed to quarantine as part of their mitigation efforts.   As of 8 a.m. yesterday, September15th, the official Franklin County press release listed 12 active cases for all of Franklin County.  There is a video on the Mt.Vernon ISD Facebook page of the Superintendent's message yesterday afternoon.

3 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

MV might not be tested until their matchup at the end of the year with Pottsboro. Kind of hard to gauge this team until then. 

I would like to think Winny will test them but thats still several weeks away and we have big games before then. Im with you it is a little hard to gauge. No doubt a goid team

41 minutes ago, sportsfan4life said:

Mt. Vernon DOES NOT have 200 positive cases.  Since school began on August 6th, approximately 200 students and 19 teachers have been sent home to quarantine at various times due to exposure.  This was for precaution only.   For example, a Junior High cheerleader tested positive over the weekend, so on Monday 25 students who had been deemed to have been in close contact with the cheerleader,  either through cheer or assigned seating in classes, were sent home to quarantine for 14 days.  Just like most schools, Mt. Vernon has had some positive cases, but they are being proactive in requiring those who were in close contact who might have been exposed to quarantine as part of their mitigation efforts.   As of 8 a.m. yesterday, September15th, the official Franklin County press release listed 12 active cases for all of Franklin County.  There is a video on the Mt.Vernon ISD Facebook page of the Superintendent's message yesterday afternoon.

This makes much more sense.

2 hours ago, BearFan13 said:

MV might not be tested until their matchup at the end of the year with Pottsboro. Kind of hard to gauge this team until then. 

I’m not sure, might be one of the toughest districts in 3A. I could see Winnsboro and Mineola testing MV. We will see what Rains is made of, not sold on them yet 

14 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

I’m not sure, might be one of the toughest districts in 3A. I could see Winnsboro and Mineola testing MV. We will see what Rains is made of, not sold on them yet 

Not sold on Rains either. Mineola is the type of team that will be streaker. 

20 hours ago, mrclean69 said:

WOW! Has the school confirmed this or is it rumors?.... Kaufman (I believe) cancelled the Henderson game because Henderson had 86 kids positive in a 4A. 200 kids? Rains may have to ask themselves if they should put their kids in that situation. MV obviously doesn't care. 

5 minutes ago, Bluebloods14 said:
20 hours ago, mrclean69 said:

WOW! Has the school confirmed this or is it rumors?.... Kaufman (I believe) cancelled the Henderson game because Henderson had 86 kids positive in a 4A. 200 kids? Rains may have to ask themselves if they should put their kids in that situation. MV obviously doesn't care. 

Didn’t realize this had already been explained earlier.  Obviously MV cares!  Seems they are doing everything they can to keep everyone safe and keep school and sports in session!

On 9/16/2020 at 12:01 PM, sportsfan4life said:

If Baylor and UH football game can be cancelled over contact tracing, I am sure football will soon be cancelled in Texas. If the UIL cancelled the boys state championship while it was going on, then the brave UIL will these quarantine numbers (aka contact tracing)  to justify other forms of  bad decisions. 

Back to this game, I still think it has a chance to be a little better than MVs previous games and i only say that because in my opinion Rains will trot out a much better offense than what Hooks, Pitts, PP did. I might be wrong cause the Tiger D has been playing well i just think they should be able to move the ball a little bit better.

27 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Back to this game, I still think it has a chance to be a little better than MVs previous games and i only say that because in my opinion Rains will trot out a much better offense than what Hooks, Pitts, PP did. I might be wrong cause the Tiger D has been playing well i just think they should be able to move the ball a little bit better.

If Rains offense has components to it similar to MV offense (which I think it might) it will be interesting.  Quicker hitting throws (slants, quick outs, screens and bubbles) or roll outs that will minimize any advantage the MV D line has vs the Rains O line.  Big question will be the Rains D and whether they can get some stops on MV to stay in the game.  Not sure how successful that will be.

3 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

If Rains offense has components to it similar to MV offense (which I think it might) it will be interesting.  Quicker hitting throws (slants, quick outs, screens and bubbles) or roll outs that will minimize any advantage the MV D line has vs the Rains O line.  Big question will be the Rains D and whether they can get some stops on MV to stay in the game.  Not sure how successful that will be.

Yea i agree for sure. Everything ive seen from Rains is that they have a real solid qb and a few playmakers on the outside. It will all come down how much the Wildcats can slow down the Tigers which i quite frankly think will be difficult for them so it will be interesting to watch.

58 minutes ago, chevyman said:

I’m looking forward to how the MV D does against a decent/good spread offense that throws the ball well and has a playmaker at quarterback that can do it with his legs too. I would still say Pewitts offense is good, and MV D played well but thats the slot T. We haven’t seen a good spread team