TATUM VS GLADEWATER 9-25

mightyeagle

Week 5  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/26/2020 at 12:30 AM

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

Real talk here...... Say GW wins you gonna come back on here night of or do usual hide for a week? If you’re gonna talk it gotta be able to walk it. 

I’ll be here. But we already know you’ll put you’re twist on it regardless of the outcome so what does it really matter? 

Ok EB you asked so here’s my take. I think GW will win in the trenches when we are on offense. I watched the DF game and I saw DF getting movement on your DL. They are good size kids but they stand straight up a lot and give away their leverage. I also saw a lot of lanes and cutback lanes that DF didn’t take advantage of. Our backs are better than DFs and I think they would tell you the same since they’ve complained this year that they are a running back short of having a very complete offense. I think we will take advantage of some things that they didn’t and they moved it ok on the ground against y’all. I think they should have ran it more. I also compared your offense in the games with Center and DF. The thing I noticed was that in the Center game the LOS didn’t move a lot. Your Qb never got hurried or hit much. He was comfortable and threw some nice balls. In the DF game it was different. He was repeatedly hurried and hit often and it showed in his throws. He wasn’t real accurate and even threw a ball to his own lineman on one play where he was under pressure 😂 (that was funny). The difference between the defensive front for Center and DF was drastically different. I think ours more closely aligns with DF. Not saying we are as good as them but we are smaller and quicker than Centers who basically just held the point of attack. I think we like DF will get pressure and get penetration. It will be disruptive and be the difference between y’all scoring 63 or scoring 17. 

In the end this will be a great game. It will be fairly evenly matched I just think we get 1 or 2 more stops than y’all get and win the game. If turnovers come into play it can change everything. That’s just how I see it and I’ll be here on Friday night or Saturday morning to congratulate Tatum if I’m wrong. 

5 hours ago, YourNoDaisy said:

Not to mention that Tatum held Center to just over 200 yard rushing and yall gave up almost 400 yards.

Interesting note on those stats. Horace had his 217 yards against Tatum on only 11 carries. Against GW he had 383 on 24 carries. In other words he had 19 yards a carry against Tatum and 15 yards per carry against GW. If they had given him the ball more the outcome might have been different. I’m sure the first game of the season and being a non district game they had things to work on. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

GW could win state. 

GW could win state if they didn’t lose in the playoffs. 

GW posters logic is these two sentences are exactly the same. 

9 hours ago, BearFan13 said:

Well nobody understands your logic apparently so....

A loss in the play-offs is a killer. Very few teams have been able to overcome this.

15 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

Ok EB you asked so here’s my take. I think GW will win in the trenches when we are on offense. I watched the DF game and I saw DF getting movement on your DL. They are good size kids but they stand straight up a lot and give away their leverage. I also saw a lot of lanes and cutback lanes that DF didn’t take advantage of. Our backs are better than DFs and I think they would tell you the same since they’ve complained this year that they are a running back short of having a very complete offense. I think we will take advantage of some things that they didn’t and they moved it ok on the ground against y’all. I think they should have ran it more. I also compared your offense in the games with Center and DF. The thing I noticed was that in the Center game the LOS didn’t move a lot. Your Qb never got hurried or hit much. He was comfortable and threw some nice balls. In the DF game it was different. He was repeatedly hurried and hit often and it showed in his throws. He wasn’t real accurate and even threw a ball to his own lineman on one play where he was under pressure 😂 (that was funny). The difference between the defensive front for Center and DF was drastically different. I think ours more closely aligns with DF. Not saying we are as good as them but we are smaller and quicker than Centers who basically just held the point of attack. I think we like DF will get pressure and get penetration. It will be disruptive and be the difference between y’all scoring 63 or scoring 17. 

In the end this will be a great game. It will be fairly evenly matched I just think we get 1 or 2 more stops than y’all get and win the game. If turnovers come into play it can change everything. That’s just how I see it and I’ll be here on Friday night or Saturday morning to congratulate Tatum if I’m wrong. 

Yo Eagleborn you gonna respond to this assessment of the game or not? You asked why we felt we had an advantage, he laid it out for you in complete sentences and your only response to find a picture of some crazy eyes? Why, Eagleborn, do you think Tatum has the advantage tomorrow night?

12 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Biggest key to game: How well Tatum adjust to game speed after being idle for a while. 

I heard about that new "Booby-footed Mongoose" formation we put in this week to go with the Flying Moose. Pretty stoked to see it. 

My keys to the game. 

Need to take care of the ball. No turnovers = success. 

Key matchup to watch

Tatum O-line vs Gwater D-line. We added some more beef up there on the line this week and the kid looks impressive.