Breonna Taylor's Family Settles With Louisville in Wrongful Death Suit

BarryLaverty

4 hours ago, ctown81 said:

You remember making the comment to Jett about not letting your daughter date outside her race, Jett saying it was racist and you were pretty much like it is what it is? (paraphrasing) Feel free to set me straight.  

At the very least that post was racist. 

Yea, that was a while back. I haven't forgotten though lol. 

And? Once again, that makes me racist huh? 🙄 You can feel however you want, cause I don't give a damn. Also said on here during that same time, that we are ALL racist to a degree. So put on your racist cap too. You ain't innocent...none of us are.

Yea, IT IS, WHAT IT IS. 

2 hours ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Do you listen to their podcast on Thursday. I will have to check out some of those.

Sometimes. The one where they talk about the documentary that Elder put together, "Uncle Tom", is spectacular!  When they talk about influencing the black community, I wish they would influence everybody!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Not really racist at all. Just an opinion. No different than what you’re doing. Racism is taking away something. Preference is not the same . I can pinpoint many posts where you can be considered that. 

I would love to see it.

Plus he didn't call it a preference. He said he wouldn't allow it. That alone says he doesn't look at the character of the man but the color. Like he said, it is what it is/

4 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

The organizations combatting black-on-black violence aren't rioting and looting and attacking innocent citizens and burning down property and small businesses. And their efforts are based on real issues, not a false narrative like BLM's.

Those are people using this opportunity as an excuse to loot and have zero to do with the movement.

3 hours ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Lol just FYI contrary to popular belief , Black people can and have shown racism .

Yes there are a ton of racist black people, but right now we're talking about me. Where's your evidence. You could just say you don't have any and we all just move on.

41 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Those are people using this opportunity as an excuse to loot and have zero to do with the movement.

Here, I must disagree with you, ctown81; These people, ( kinda ironic that they are predominantly white) are doing all of these things in the name of Antifa AND BLM... Both of these organizations hate America & everything it stands for & want nothing more than to totally destroy it. The President needs to send troops in and cut these people down like y’all grass! This is not “peaceful protesting”  it is insurrection, anarchy & Marxism flexing it’s muscles on American soil, & it must be Stopped Cold in it’s tracks, by whatever means it takes. End it.

1 minute ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Here, I must disagree with you, ctown81; These people, ( kinda ironic that they are predominantly white) are doing all of these things in the name of Antifa AND BLM... Both of these organizations hate America & everything it stands for & want nothing more than to totally destroy it. The President needs to send troops in and cut these people down like tall grass! This is not “peaceful protesting”  it is insurrection, anarchy & Marxism flexing it’s muscles on American soil, & it must be Stopped Cold in it’s tracks, by whatever means it takes. End it.

11 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Here, I must disagree with you, ctown81; These people, ( kinda ironic that they are predominantly white) are doing all of these things in the name of Antifa AND BLM... Both of these organizations hate America & everything it stands for & want nothing more than to totally destroy it. The President needs to send troops in and cut these people down like y’all grass! This is not “peaceful protesting”  it is insurrection, anarchy & Marxism flexing it’s muscles on American soil, & it must be Stopped Cold in it’s tracks, by whatever means it takes. End it.

Here's the issue. Most start out as peaceful protest and there are people in the crowd who are there with that intent. Just poor people seeing an opportunity to loot. Don't think it goes that deep at all.

1 minute ago, ctown81 said:

Here's the issue. Most start out as peaceful protest and there are people in the crowd who are there with that intent. Just poor people seeing an opportunity to loot. Don't think it goes that deep at all.

Maybe the Fake News bunch are not covering the “peaceful protests” because they love to stir the pot & get their ratings up and things accelerate from there, because I have seen Way more looting, burning & rioting than I have seen peaceful protests. 

Anarchy & protesting are two totally different things.

14 hours ago, ctown81 said:

But A: The nationally-recognized movement was started by the organization after Michael Brown's death, and B: as such, it's still based on a falee narrative - Police do not kill blacks disproportionately to whites. The DOJ's own stats prove that. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

But A: The nationally-recognized movement was started by the organization after Michael Brown's death, and B: as such, it's still based on a falee narrative - Police do not kill blacks disproportionately to whites. The DOJ's own stats prove that. 

In response to your B. The disproportionate part is blacks being killed during routine stops or while not being a threat to officers. 

4 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Maybe the Fake News bunch are not covering the “peaceful protests” because they love to stir the pot & get their ratings up and things accelerate from there, because I have seen Way more looting, burning & rioting than I have seen peaceful protests. 

Anarchy & protesting are two totally different things.

Answer this question. Do peaceful protest bring ratings? 

36 minutes ago, JETT said:

So the statement of not standing for a flag that allowed abortion is fake as well?

Yes.

And when Tebow did kneel on the gridiron, his actions were those of private prayer conducted during incidental moments surrounding a game and not, as Colin Kapernick’s were, a form of public protest purposefully tied to the playing of the U.S. national anthem.

13 hours ago, ctown81 said:

In response to your B. The disproportionate part is blacks being killed during routine stops or while not being a threat to officers. 

Hmmm. Well, from what I've read more unarmed whites are usually killed too (Of course, once you break the stat down, that too about evens out). If you have stats that show the actual types of interactions with police (whether the suspect resisted, stuff like that), I'd really appreciate a link to that resource. I'd be very interested to see that breakdown. 

I do know that whites are killed by police unnecessarily (as diplomatic as I can put it) and it never makes the news. I mean, if you're upset about George Floyd, have you ever heard of Tony Timpa? If you're upset about Breonna Taylor, have you ever heard of Eugene Mallory? Daniel Shaver and Justine Damond got a little bit of coverage. Remember them? No?Zach Hammond? Little Jeremy Mardis? I can't remember the name of the school teacher who got shot and killed leaving the land party. Can't even find that story anymore if you Google it. Just off the top of my mind. 

But initially, BLM's point was that blacks get killed by cops disproportionately to whites. Now that that's been debunked, they've had to come up with other complaints.

The common sense is still there, though. The fact that any time a cop picks his nose and flicks it out the window and it lands on a black person the "news" media jumps all over it and puts it on blast, while the concept of reporting a white person getting killed by a cop seems to be blasphemy, should tell anyone with more than three brain cells to rub together that there is an agenda being pushed. 

The facts just do not support the BLM narrative. But it sure is getting shoved down our throats, and being used as an excuse to riot, loot, and intimidate all across the nation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, 88YoePride said:

"Media diesn't pay the bills"?! All this time being a pro sports fan and you've never heard the term "ad revenues"?

Ads are sold on viewership, aka the Fans. No fans watch the games no ad revenue. Do you advertise your business in a back alley where no one can see it? No and other businesses don’t buy time slots on games that people don’t watch. 
as for the media I was referring to were the blowhard talk shows and “sports analysts” people. You know, the ones who never played anything.