Rank-and-File Democrats Revolting Against Nancy Pelosi over Coronavirus Aid

RETIREDFAN1

4 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

She should have never lasted this long; None of them, in Either Party, should serve more than 8 years; same  as Presidents.

While I agree with you on Term Limits--I disagree with the amount of time for congressional representatives. 

I believe that the House of Reps should get 6 terms (12 years) and the Senate should get 2 terms (12 years)--that way we know that they all get a chance to work with at least 2 presidents, and possibly 3. 

JMHO. 

And if elected to the white house in 2020--I will push the states to invoke their right to change the Constitution by calling State Conventions, because we know that Congress won't do it to themselves. 

I am Danny Zuco and I approve this message. LOL 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

I believe that the House of Reps should get 6 terms (12 years) and the Senate should get 2 terms (12 years)--that way we know that they all get a chance to work with at least 2 presidents, and possibly 3. 

Is that permanent? And per house? In other words, if someone serves their 12 years in the House, can they then serve 12 years in the Senate?

Just now, Monte1076 said:

Is that permanent? And per house? In other words, if someone serves their 12 years in the House, can they then serve 12 years in the Senate?

I would say that it is NOT permanent in the House of Representatives, but is permanent in the Senate.--Going from the House to the Senate is a step up, in point of view, whereas, leaving the senate and heading to the house of reps--that's like going from a principal to a teacher again. LOL. 

1 minute ago, DannyZuco said:

I would say that it is NOT permanent in the House of Representatives, but is permanent in the Senate.--Going from the House to the Senate is a step up, in point of view, whereas, leaving the senate and heading to the house of reps--that's like going from a principal to a teacher again. LOL. 

So then they could still theoretically serve 24 years. Is that still too long?

Just now, Monte1076 said:

So then they could still theoretically serve 24 years. Is that still too long?

Yes, it is a long time, but you have to think of how they could get there. 

Just think, winning 6 elections as a House of Rep--usually pretty simple, because you are only dependent upon a small cluster of people in a certain area, unless you are Wyoming, Idaho, Alaska--where only 1 HOR member is there. 

Then to say you have to win a State wide election based on your accomplishments in the House--especially in a state like Texas, Florida, California. While it could happen--It would NOT happen regularly. IMO--which we know are like 🍑, everyone has one. LOL. 

The first thing they should do is eliminate their retirement benefit. Let them draw social security like everyone else. Two terms in the Senate is enough. If a member of the HOR serves 12 years, one term in the Senate is enough ...also, they all should be on Medicare at 65 and should all be subject to the same laws as ordinary citizens, no exemptions  ....

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

The first thing they should do is eliminate their retirement benefit. Let them draw social security like everyone else. Two terms in the Senate is enough. If a member of the HOR serves 12 years, one term in the Senate is enough ...also, they all should be on Medicare at 65 and should all be subject to the same laws as ordinary citizens, no exemptions  ....

While I think that Term Limits are VERY important, I think that both houses get 12 years, that is only a total of 24 years. When we say they can only have 12 years, 10 years, or 18 years, are we saying that they cannot have the same job for a certain amount of years. I understand that a lot of them get to Washington and become stale. 

But look at a lot of us. I have been in education for 27 years, Barry 30 years, many of you have been in your employment fields for more than 25-30 years, are we saying that regular people HAVE to change jobs also? Heck, my father worked for the same company for 42 years--I know that doesn't happen a lot these days--but lets take a look at JETT--he says he has his own business--does he have to give it up after 12 years, 18 years, or 24 years?  What if he becomes a millionaire in his business--won't we praise him for his hard work? 

Now don't get me wrong--I am FOR term limits. 

As I see it--ONLY a GREAT House member would ever get elected to the Senate. 

Senators--ONLY Good Senators will win state elections like Governors or Presidency. 

But they can keep doing their chosen careers--if being a politician is their career. 

1 minute ago, DannyZuco said:

While I think that Term Limits are VERY important, I think that both houses get 12 years, that is only a total of 24 years. When we say they can only have 12 years, 10 years, or 18 years, are we saying that they cannot have the same job for a certain amount of years. I understand that a lot of them get to Washington and become stale. 

But look at a lot of us. I have been in education for 27 years, Barry 30 years, many of you have been in your employment fields for more than 25-30 years, are we saying that regular people HAVE to change jobs also? Heck, my father worked for the same company for 42 years--I know that doesn't happen a lot these days--but lets take a look at JETT--he says he has his own business--does he have to give it up after 12 years, 18 years, or 24 years?  What if he becomes a millionaire in his business--won't we praise him for his hard work? 

Senators--ONLY Good Senators will win state elections like Governors or Presidency. 

But they can keep doing their chosen careers--if being a politician is their career. 

Political office is NOT a job.....we put them there....we should decide for how long.....if people would vote the bums out every 10 years or so this conversation would be irrelevant.....since people have allowed incumbents to brainwash them into giving them so much power, term limits are a MUST or we may as well be North Korea........

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

I can sum up what's wrong with our government very easily :

Career politicians 

and

Politics driven by money

17 minutes ago, JETT said:

I've said plenty times why I don't like him, yet you and CarthDawg77 keep asking or don't like the answer... go find it and read up a lil

I’ve been reading your posts and all I’ve seen is you just want trump out but no reason as to why.  If I missed it I’m sorry.  Maybe you could bring it back to page1 for those of us searching.

9 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I’ve been reading your posts and all I’ve seen is you just want trump out but no reason as to why.  If I missed it I’m sorry.  Maybe you could bring it back to page1 for those of us searching.

I've said it many times.... u may not like the answer but its on the forum