Nac Football Quarantined

Nacwagons

I bet they don't play anything until district starts on Oct 23rd. I doubt they come back and play Tyler and then take the bye. 

We will see, this is going to be big news and have the voices in the district that don't want school at all get even louder!

Has this been confirmed???   There is nothing on the NAC ISD FB or Twitter page.  Usually, this would not concern the whole team but a quarantine of the positive student and those they may have associated with for 14 days.  Seems a little extreme in this measure if what you say is true about the student not  being a football player.

1 hour ago, PackAttack said:

Has this been confirmed???   There is nothing on the NAC ISD FB or Twitter page.  Usually, this would not concern the whole team but a quarantine of the positive student and those they may have associated with for 14 days.  Seems a little extreme in this measure if what you say is true about the student not  being a football player.

It is confirmed, was not a rumor when I posted it. Heard it straight from a member of the athletic department. This is out of extreme precaution over 1 positive test. Scrimmage, Week 1 and Week 2 games are cancelled. I have seen stories in Nac, Lufkin paper, Matt Stepp and twitter about this. Posted on the Nac football page and many parents facebook page. Lots of frustration and outrage over how extreme this is. 

Greenville is playing Henderson as a replacement for Nac on Sept 25th.

1 hour ago, Nacwagons said:

It is confirmed, was not a rumor when I posted it. Heard it straight from a member of the athletic department. This is out of extreme precaution over 1 positive test. Scrimmage, Week 1 and Week 2 games are cancelled. I have seen stories in Nac, Lufkin paper, Matt Stepp and twitter about this. Posted on the Nac football page and many parents facebook page. Lots of frustration and outrage over how extreme this is. 

Greenville is playing Henderson as a replacement for Nac on Sept 25th.

Wasn't doubting your word in the matter.  Needed to confirm for the Lufkin scheduling.  Sorry this has happen in Nac, I know you guys are not happy. 

22 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Is it one of those, came in contact calls then? That seems insane.

I hear ya.  Why not just follow UIL protocols.  The protocols are already over-written to CYA.  I don't see why districts feel the need to shut down the whole program for one student or even one player. Follow the protocols and play ball.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Ugh!!! Sorry Nac, that’s just crappy. Will y’all be able to play the 3rd non district game? 

As of now it is on the schedule, personally I could see us waiting until after our bye week to play. That would have us starting Oct 23rd against Whitehouse, but that is just my personal opinion!! I hope to see us play, Tyler and maybe find someone to play on what is our scheduled bye week. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

Yeah these quarantine rules are way over the top!! 14 days no matter what, cant even test to get back in!! 

Not if you want to spread fear. Not if you want comfort and safety over freedom. Not if you have a cush job ,that pays well, and  are close to retiring, not if you have been educated to follow the rules and not think for yourself,  and think football is toxic masculinity. Not if you feel like your saving the world even as you crush peoples spirit, for you are doing it for thier own good and they will thank you later.  The rules are great for petty tyrants and do-gooders whose highest level of thinking on morality is debased moralism. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

I hear ya.  Why not just follow UIL protocols.  The protocols are already over-written to CYA.  I don't see why districts feel the need to shut down the whole program for one student or even one player. Follow the protocols and play ball.

because we live in a society of delicate men who are led by Karen's 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Wonder who forced them?

The Lufkin Panthers are looking to do some early season reshuffling after the Nacogdoches Dragons were forced to cancel their first two games of the season due to a player testing positive for COVID-19.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheShadowKnows said:

Not if you want to spread fear. Not if you want comfort and safety over freedom. Not if you have a cush job ,that pays well, and  are close to retiring, not if you have been educated to follow the rules and not think for yourself,  and think football is toxic masculinity. Not if you feel like your saving the world even as you crush peoples spirit, for you are doing it for thier own good and they will thank you later.  The rules are great for petty tyrants and do-gooders whose highest level of thinking on morality is debased moralism. 

I find that interesting on many levels,as most can no longer function without direction,and you would think higher learning would teach self sufficiency? We as elders may have failed in passing on individualism.js 

• Like 1

We should do this every year during flu season.  One kid in high school has the flu, then cancel everything.  The powers that be want maximum pain.  Why are we going along with it?  How is this good for the students?  These officials look like lawn chairs after the end of the game.  They all fold.  When good men do nothing.......

• Like 1

If you want to hear about maximum insanity, the Baylor game is cancelled NOT because of positive Covid testing, but because of contact tracing guidelines.  The players in question produced multiple negative tests but can’t play because of tracing.  So apparently a friend of a friend of a friend tested positive.  This is beyond stupid.  We’re going to have a mental health crisis before long.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Pack007 said:

Our paper said it’s a Nac player that tested positive. 

I have not heard anything other than it was a player.

Team is quarantined because of contact tracing. The entire team was not exposed, they just don’t know who might have been and who wasn’t. I think John Krueger even wrote an article about the similarities between what happened with Baylor and Nac.