Winnsboro vs Mineola 9/25

chevyman

Rankings mean zero in the grand scheme. Seems like if you beat a ranked team no matter their classification then you get ranked somehow just as MV did after beating PP. Winny just needs to keep working hard and doing what theyve been doing and all that other will work itself out. Not much reason to put a lot of stock in it after only 2 games.

57 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Mineolas two backs have already had multiple big chunk plays in the running game and in the passing game so far this season. That will be key for the Raiders to not allow those big plays that produce alot of momentum.

Without looking at schedule I ask, has Mineola played anyone good this season?

Lets not forget that game last year could have easily gone the other way. Mineola jumped out 14-0 before the Raiders were able to get back into it with an onside kick to help tie the game up at 14. Neither team really stopped each other last year for the most part, Winny just ended up making enough plays at the end to preserve the victory. The majority of the cast from last year is back this year plus these teams know each other very well so it is shaping up to be another barnburner. I expect a whole big dose of 22&23 all night it will just come down to whether the Raiders can continue that superb defensive play that has been exhibited in the first 2 games. 

15 hours ago, gamewatcher63 said:

All joking aside You are right, it should be a very intense game with both teams plowing the field. Just hope it's not a soggy field. GO TURN OFF THOSE SPRINKLERS!!!😀I know you got them on....ssssssshuct-chada-sshuct-chut-chut-chut💧💧

Field was redone over the summer. Walked it last night. Great shape.

31 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Slow your roll there Kitty Kat....Friday nights are for big boys, so buckle up cause the Jackets are coming to town. Playtime is over. 

Winnsboro will be ready for you. Slow down Sneed and they win the game. Easier said than done though  

9 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Hard fought win for the Jackets. Man alive the Raider D seemed to be in the Jacket backfield on every play. With a few breaks the game could have been in the Raiders favor. Raiders will be a tough out all season long, go get the MV kitty kats!

Hats off to the Jackets. Though the Raiders had many mistakes, Minny made it tough on us all night. Great defensive effort against our offense and i mean Sneed is Sneed. I also thought it was big for them to utilize Pendergrass in the passing game cause he is very athletic and causes some matchup problems. I thought the Raider D played a heck of a game for 3/4 of it we just got down early. Field position was huge as well. Minny had great starting possessions all night and the Raiders were always backed up in seemed. On to the next one boys.