The Smoakhouse Forums

Winnsboro vs Mineola 9/25

19 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I mean I know Winnsboro has a good team but to go from not ranked to #10 seems a little extreme.

Computer has them at 11. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He wins everywhere he goes.

Winnsboro cracks the top 10 in the ranking this week at #10.  Keep it going.

Yeah, not much depth. 👀

Posted Images

First, I would like to thank the sponsors for making the broadcast of the Winny games  possible. The quality of the video is incredible! After watching both games I think that Winny is much, much improved on the defensive side of the ball and will be very tough to beat. Offensively they have more weapons and are now very comfortable and smooth at running their offense and will put up lots of points. They actually have several receivers this year that will beat you if you try to load up to stop their running game...which most teams will do.

The SA offense had some very potent weapons and Winny completely shut them down. Not sure what their total yardage was but I would bet it was under 100 yards and I would also bet that is the only game they will be held in check for the rest of the year.  

Winny will take this one by at least 14, maybe more. Depends on the number of mistakes they make. That was the only thing that slowed them down against SA. If they eliminate the mistakes this one won't be close.

Rankings mean zero in the grand scheme. Seems like if you beat a ranked team no matter their classification then you get ranked somehow just as MV did after beating PP. Winny just needs to keep working hard and doing what theyve been doing and all that other will work itself out. Not much reason to put a lot of stock in it after only 2 games.

Just now, Blazin97 said:

I watched their game recaps on MaxPreps. Not too impressed. Tatum or GW should definitely be up there instead of shallowater. 

Nah, not Tatum. Gladewater beat the almighty Spring Hill Panthers and 4A-D1 Kilgore. The Bears should be #1. 

Mineolas two backs have already had multiple big chunk plays in the running game and in the passing game so far this season. That will be key for the Raiders to not allow those big plays that produce alot of momentum.

57 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Mineolas two backs have already had multiple big chunk plays in the running game and in the passing game so far this season. That will be key for the Raiders to not allow those big plays that produce alot of momentum.

Without looking at schedule I ask, has Mineola played anyone good this season?

2 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Without looking at schedule I ask, has Mineola played anyone good this season?

I would say unlikely. WR seems to be down. Not sure about Canton. Dont think WP was any good either

16 hours ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Mineola no good....very weak, been playing tiddlywinks during entire bye week. Rugged Red win big time.😎 

We all know that wont be the case for this one. Going to be a dog fight no question

Lets not forget that game last year could have easily gone the other way. Mineola jumped out 14-0 before the Raiders were able to get back into it with an onside kick to help tie the game up at 14. Neither team really stopped each other last year for the most part, Winny just ended up making enough plays at the end to preserve the victory. The majority of the cast from last year is back this year plus these teams know each other very well so it is shaping up to be another barnburner. I expect a whole big dose of 22&23 all night it will just come down to whether the Raiders can continue that superb defensive play that has been exhibited in the first 2 games. 

All joking aside You are right, it should be a very intense game with both teams plowing the field. Just hope it's not a soggy field. GO TURN OFF THOSE SPRINKLERS!!!😀I know you got them on....ssssssshuct-chada-sshuct-chut-chut-chut💧💧

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, gamewatcher63 said:

All joking aside You are right, it should be a very intense game with both teams plowing the field. Just hope it's not a soggy field. GO TURN OFF THOSE SPRINKLERS!!!😀I know you got them on....ssssssshuct-chada-sshuct-chut-chut-chut💧💧

Field was redone over the summer. Walked it last night. Great shape.

12 hours ago, Blazin97 said:

Winnsboro about to pull the sweep tomorrow night! 

Slow your roll there Kitty Kat....Friday nights are for big boys, so buckle up cause the Jackets are coming to town. Playtime is over. 

31 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Slow your roll there Kitty Kat....Friday nights are for big boys, so buckle up cause the Jackets are coming to town. Playtime is over. 

Winnsboro will be ready for you. Slow down Sneed and they win the game. Easier said than done though