West Sabine Tigers(1-2) @ Cushing Bearkats (3-0)

HulaKat

West Sabine comes to town next Friday night...weather permitting.  Should present the Bearkats with their toughest competition to date.

The Bearkats are learning a new offense and making huge strides in being consistent running the ball and passing successfully when needing to.
The Bearkats have 3 capable QBs if one goes down.  All three have gotten reps in after the scores well in hand the last couple of weeks.

Cushing’s defense has been the strength of the season so far.  I expected Evadale to be better than they were last night.... the sure had the size and numbers... just hasn’t come together just yet.

The defense has allow 0 points and hadn’t allowed a hundred yards of offense combined in the 3 games.

West Sabine has played a lot tougher schedule exponentially in Beckville and Hemphill.  They have some talent at running back and QB and not the mention the past history between the two.

I expect it to be a good contest between the two teams.

Cushing 24, West Sabine 14

WS has two RB’s that can take it to the house in a heartbeat and they passing game is solid, as well, from what Ives seen on film.  Bearkats have not been harshly tested yet... they do have 4 picks... but WS brings back 10-10 and it will be a true test to see if that defense can make stops.  The scoreless streak will end this week but they will have have to play mistake-free.

The offense has been very straight forward Up to now... so since it’s the beginning of district I look for them to open up the mid-direction playbook the Flexbone offers up.  Since they are new at this I e or the it will be a couple of years before it becomes efficient; they have gotten better each week and a lot of players have gotten into the game.

I will say it would have been the same result Or worse if West Sabine Had play Cushing’s schedule... so it will be the beginning of the second season that is District play.

1 hour ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Cushing been a long time since being undefeated . I am leaning towards WS.

Well, they’ve been 4-0 a couple of times Before district playing teams weaker teams... but then district would come.

They will have West Sabine, Lovelady and Tenaha that will be tough ones.  We’ll see how it goes.

• Thanks 1