Lindale vs Mabank

Jakeelee05

6 hours ago, LionKing12172920 said:

If any district team not able to contain Lindales RB, then Lindale will win District, but if any team can contain Lindales RB then that team will have a chance of winning. Gilmer was behind the first half,second half was able to contain Lindales RB and won the game.

His final stat line was 28 - 212 yds - 4 TD

I read that 132 of that came in the first half and 80 came in the second half. I wouldn't say they contained him, but the turnovers cost Lindale the game in the 2nd half. If Lindale cleans up the mistakes, I think they have an opportunity to win the district. It depends on whether or not they can play mistake free ball.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

I read that 132 of that came in the first half and 80 came in the second half. I wouldn't say they contained him, but the turnovers cost Lindale the game in the 2nd half. If Lindale cleans up the mistakes, I think they have an opportunity to win the district. It depends on whether or not they can play mistake free ball.

Agreed. They never were able to contain him which is why I’m not sure why the coaches ran more pass plays than run plays. The turnovers for sure killed us which 2 of were fumbles so maybe that’s why they shyed away from the run. Either way Gilmer deserved the win. Now we need to focus on district. I’m like you, if Lindale can clean up a few things I think we could win district. It won’t be easy by any means but very doable. 

13 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Yea he is a big and fast RB and it would take a group of players to bring him down, once he gets going then it's lights out.