Atlanta visits White Oak

JoeRoughneck

What a game to endure. I think I'll just catch the rest of Atlanta's games on Facebook. 

The stats someone posted are as follows:

White Oak
Passing - 8/18 - 130 yds - 1 td - 1 int
Rushing - 24 attempts - 31 yds - 2 tds
7 punts - 266 yds
9 penalties - 75 yds

Atlanta
Passing - 5/16 - 64 yds - 3 ints
Rushing - 49 attempts - 239 yds - 3 tds - 2 fumbles
5 punts - 182 yds
7 penalties - 55 yds 

Atlanta fumbled a ball into the endzone, White Oak recovered for TD. Atlanta also fumbled the ball on their own 2 in the 2nd half, and White Oak scored on the next play. I think White Oak had 15 yards of total offense the 2nd half. 

Atlanta is (0-5) for the first time since 2010. 

So far, 5 games in, Atlanta still has no identity on offense. The only spark they have is when #5 is in the game, and unfortunately that's not very often. 

2 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

What a game to endure. I think I'll just catch the rest of Atlanta's games on Facebook. 

The stats someone posted are as follows:

White Oak
Passing - 8/18 - 130 yds - 1 td - 1 int
Rushing - 24 attempts - 31 yds - 2 tds
7 punts - 266 yds
9 penalties - 75 yds

Atlanta
Passing - 5/16 - 64 yds - 3 ints
Rushing - 49 attempts - 239 yds - 3 tds - 2 fumbles
5 punts - 182 yds
7 penalties - 55 yds 

Atlanta fumbled a ball into the endzone, White Oak recovered for TD. Atlanta also fumbled the ball on their own 2 in the 2nd half, and White Oak scored on the next play. I think White Oak had 15 yards of total offense the 2nd half. 

Atlanta is (0-5) for the first time since 2010. 

So far, 5 games in, Atlanta still has no identity on offense. The only spark they have is when #5 is in the game, and unfortunately that's not very often. 

We played bad on offense with all the offsides, delay of game, holding, and penalties. We’d make a good play then the next two have penalties back to back. The score could have been worse if we would have capitalized on all those turnovers. Can’t move the ball when you jump offsides, and hold back to back. One thing I saw y’all did pretty good was got into the backfield with yalls speed and mess things up. Our rushing stats prove all the loss of yardage due to that fact. The one big run play was 62 yards alone and we ended up with 31 on the night, lol. It was a messy win but I think our defense is what won us the game for sure with the turnovers and big stops on 4th down. Also nearly held y’all on fourth and goal on yalls first TD in the 3rd quarter. 

I been reading this forum for years. I guess it's time I join the fun. 

Atl looked as bad as I have ever seen them. Idk what they got goin on off the field, but on the field it looks rough. Atl hasn't had a winless season since I been alive but i think it's a very big possibility this year. 

• Stinks 1

This is the point in the year where you have to wonder what exactly the coaching staff is doing with these kids. Or if there's some off the field issues with players. On paper, we should NOT be 0-5...realistically 2-3 or possibly 3-2. But here we are. I've been watching Atlanta football for 20 years and last night was as unprepared/sloppy as I've ever seen us play. No disrespect to WO but that's the most embarrassing loss I've ever seen. Other than just looking totally lost I thought our offense looked really, really slow...even without Hamilton in the game Dickerson, Neal and Dowden have more speed than that so I'm wondering if playing on grass neutralized our speed advantage.

After the Paul Pewitt and Gilmer game I thought for sure Dickerson would be the dynamic answer at QB that we needed but against LE and even worse against WO he has regressed. Maybe now teams have had a chance to scout and prepare better for him? Maybe he's only effective if Hamilton plays because you can't put a spy on both of them?

I still think the season can be salvaged and possible slip into the top 4. As of now the Gladewater game is a loss but we have to win against Sabine, Tatum, Jefferson, New Boston.