Celina looking for a game Friday 9/25

d0tc0m

1 hour ago, alyssaB said:

I hope they find someone of a more comparable size.

I just realized today how much smaller Pewitt was than Celina.

I do too. Hope they schedule 4A and up. I’d love to see them go East to find a game, or maybe just play a 5A school. I THINK I saw where Lovejoy was open this week. That would be a good matchup for the Bobcats.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

I do too. Hope they schedule 4A and up. I’d love to see them go East to find a game, or maybe just play a 5A school. I THINK I saw where Lovejoy was open this week. That would be a good matchup for the Bobcats.

I think Lovejoy has Plano JPII on the schedule.

21 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

Ah gotcha. Seems easy to get conflicting scheduling information these days. Lol glad Coach Elliot and the Celina staff are in charge of finding a game, and not me!

Yeah. At least Celina had strong opponents in the first three games. Maybe they will just have to scrimmage each other hard like a game.

I don't keep up with much anymore. There are too many changes (population growth and new schools). Some schools have really shrunk while others have grown a lot.

4 hours ago, alyssaB said:

Yeah. At least Celina had strong opponents in the first three games. Maybe they will just have to scrimmage each other hard like a game.

I don't keep up with much anymore. There are too many changes (population growth and new schools). Some schools have really shrunk while others have grown a lot.

I hear ya. It's definitely much different than it was when I graduated from there, which hasn't been too terribly long ago. Lots of development. Lots of people moving in. 

My folks still live in Celina, and many of the friends I graduated with still live there. I grew up going to Bobcat football games with my dad, so it's always been part of my life. Still love and support the orange and white!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alyssaB said:

Over on the other site, Stepp sort of jokingly mentioned Celina and Lampasas playing next week, Oct. 2 ... I guess both have that date open and are having a hard time finding people to play. Wouldn't mind seeing that matchup at all!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Airitout1 said:

Think Canadian is looking. That would be fun

That would be fun. I thought for sure Celina would get to play Canadian in the 2A state semifinals my senior year (2004). But we were beat to hell and played a disastrous game against Crawford and got whipped in the Region II finals. That was one of the better Celina teams to NOT win a state championship.

6 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

That would be fun. I thought for sure Celina would get to play Canadian in the 2A state semifinals my senior year (2004). But we were beat to hell and played a disastrous game against Crawford and got whipped in the Region II finals. That was one of the better Celina teams to NOT win a state championship.

Lampasas would be better for enrollment size. They have about 1,000 while Celina has 850 or 900. Canadian is only around 270.

1 hour ago, alyssaB said:

Lampasas would be better for enrollment size. They have about 1,000 while Celina has 850 or 900. Canadian is only around 270.

Stepp said Lampasas is no longer looking for a game, unfortunately.

And yeah, if Celina/Canadian played it would literally be just to play a game. The Bobcats would win handily, as they should. The Wildcats have a tremendous program and they would be tough. But yeah, the numbers would make a big difference, and Celina would win in a blowout.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Leopard4Life said:

I'm still shocked that more growth hasn't reached Celina.  I thought they'd at least have 1k or more students already.  

There has been LOTS and LOTS of growth down there. It amazes me every time I go see my folks how much bigger Celina is. The kicker, though, is most of the large housing developments IN Celina are actually zoned for Prosper schools. That's one of the reasons the student population hasn't increased proportionally to the number of houses going up and families moving in.

It's also why Prosper is all of a sudden a booming metropolis.

3 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

There has been LOTS and LOTS of growth down there. It amazes me every time I go see my folks how much bigger Celina is. The kicker, though, is most of the large housing developments IN Celina are actually zoned for Prosper schools. That's one of the reasons the student population hasn't increased proportionally to the number of houses going up and families moving in.

It's also why Prosper is all of a sudden a booming metropolis.

I agree and was aware of the houses zoned to Prosper ISD, but I've had a few coworkers that moved to Celina and their kids go to Celina Schools.  I expect the growth to hit Celina sooner rather than later.  I haven't been up that way in a while.  How's the tollroad coming?  Once it passes through Celina the growth will explode.

17 minutes ago, Leopard4Life said:

I agree and was aware of the houses zoned to Prosper ISD, but I've had a few coworkers that moved to Celina and their kids go to Celina Schools.  I expect the growth to hit Celina sooner rather than later.  I haven't been up that way in a while.  How's the tollroad coming?  Once it passes through Celina the growth will explode.

The tollroad comes as far north as it did a decade ago when they were first putting it in. It stops at 380. The service road comes on north all the way until County Road 458, which my folks live just off of. They're actually on County Road 6, which, once you got on south into Prosper, is actually Legacy Pkwy.

4 minutes ago, HSBRangers said:

Canton is looking.

I saw Stepp tweet that! That would be a great last-minute, manageable game for the Bobcats. At this point, maybe they're content to take this week off and hope something opens up for next Friday 10/2, I don't know. But I'm sure they're aware of Canton, so if the Bobcats truly do want to get something in this week, this might be their last chance to do it.

17 hours ago, Leopard4Life said:

I'm still shocked that more growth hasn't reached Celina.  I thought they'd at least have 1k or more students already.  

The growth is bad (to me). It's changed the culture for the worse with crime and more. I want to move to a small town where the high school enrollment is like 200-400, but then I want to live along the coast, too. I've remained in where I am for family.