Celina looking for a game Friday 9/25

d0tc0m

3 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

I saw Stepp tweet that! That would be a great last-minute, manageable game for the Bobcats. At this point, maybe they're content to take this week off and hope something opens up for next Friday 10/2, I don't know. But I'm sure they're aware of Canton, so if the Bobcats truly do want to get something in this week, this might be their last chance to do it.

Canton would be good.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2020 at 4:45 AM, alyssaB said:

I think Lovejoy has Plano JPII on the schedule.

Lovejoy / Celina would have been a better game.  JPII was loaded with D1 Talent, hype and arrogance...  Seems like Celina's been at a low enrollment for a while.  Probably 2-3 realignments before the Bobcats move up to 5A DII.

2 hours ago, Leopard4Life said:

Lovejoy / Celina would have been a better game.  JPII was loaded with D1 Talent, hype and arrogance...  Seems like Celina's been at a low enrollment for a while.  Probably 2-3 realignments before the Bobcats move up to 5A DII.

Yeah, most of the developments in Celina are going in on the Southside, zoned for Prosper ISD. Eventually, the growth will move a little further north. I'd say 2024 or possibly even 2026 before the Bobcats reach the 5A ranks.

Would love to have seen Celina/Lovejoy, though. I think we've only played twice, if I remember correctly, and split those two matchups in the postseason.

2 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

Yeah, most of the developments in Celina are going in on the Southside, zoned for Prosper ISD. Eventually, the growth will move a little further north. I'd say 2024 or possibly even 2026 before the Bobcats reach the 5A ranks.

Would love to have seen Celina/Lovejoy, though. I think we've only played twice, if I remember correctly, and split those two matchups in the postseason.

Once the toll road grows Celina will shoot past Lovejoy in Enrollment.  Yes, we played twice.  First time was in 2010 and it was 17-0 Lovejoy, but it was a Banger.  The game was better than the score reflected.  Three of LJ's top players were suspended for violating team rules and it was a pretty cold night.  In 2011 Celina won 37-17, but that wasn't the best LJ squad, plus injuries.  I'm actually surprised Celina didn't win by more that night.

8 hours ago, Leopard4Life said:

Yeah, like others have said, a part of Celina is zoned to Prosper ISD, so Celina is growing slower in school enrollment.

I guess that's why Prosper has the new Rock Hill school. Princeton plays Rock Hill soon. 

I can't stand the growth. I want out of it and into a small town but I want to be close to some family and it's hard to get others to move, too. The growth (the newcomers make the town and its schools something different and it kills of the old........

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alyssaB said:

Yeah, like others have said, a part of Celina is zoned to Prosper ISD, so Celina is growing slower in school enrollment.

I guess that's why Prosper has the new Rock Hill school. Princeton plays Rock Hill soon. 

I can't stand the growth. I want out of it and into a small town but I want to be close to some family and it's hard to get others to move, too. The growth (the newcomers make the town and its schools something different and it kills of the old........

I agree, Lovejoy isn't the same as it was when it started the High School.  Princeton is growing fast and will catapult past Lovejoy in enrollment by the next realignment.  Looking forward to the Lovejoy / Princeton matchup on Friday.

19 hours ago, Leopard4Life said:

I agree, Lovejoy isn't the same as it was when it started the High School.  Princeton is growing fast and will catapult past Lovejoy in enrollment by the next realignment.  Looking forward to the Lovejoy / Princeton matchup on Friday.

I'm not going to the game. I'm not sure if I will watch it, listen to it, or whatever.

I would go if it weren't for the BS going on these days that has ruined football and more.

On 10/8/2020 at 4:54 PM, alyssaB said:

I'm not going to the game. I'm not sure if I will watch it, listen to it, or whatever.

I would go if it weren't for the BS going on these days that has ruined football and more.

I was told Princeton had 7 starters out.  Very few teams can recover from that type of setback.  Hopefully the Panthers can bounce back.

17 hours ago, Leopard4Life said:

I was told Princeton had 7 starters out.  Very few teams can recover from that type of setback.  Hopefully the Panthers can bounce back.

They had many out, yes. 

The week before South Garland had a lot of guys with bad behavior and the officials weren't playing around. Three of South Garland's players were ejected and two of Princeton's was ejected. 

A friend went to the Princeton at Lovejoy game and she told me who all was out. Princeton is in real trouble not being a good team. I knew they were bad from the scrimmage against Sherman. In the controlled part it was Princeton 2 touchdowns and Sherman 6 touchdowns (and that was with Sherman getting a lot of penalties including personal foul types). In the live quarter it was Princeton -- 0 and Sherman -- 14. Yet when I watched the livestream of Princeton at Pine Tree the guy said that Princeton won the scrimmage (something like 36-34, I forget exactly). Well, I don't care about how the scrimmage may be scored, I look at in a more realistic way and I took notes on every play. If the good/great players will move in and Princeton can get good/great coaching then it would be fun. But Allen is close, Frisco schools are close, Melissa is close, etc.

I stayed home. I listened to Gunter at Leonard.

1 hour ago, alyssaB said:

They had many out, yes. 

The week before South Garland had a lot of guys with bad behavior and the officials weren't playing around. Three of South Garland's players were ejected and two of Princeton's was ejected. 

A friend went to the Princeton at Lovejoy game and she told me who all was out. Princeton is in real trouble not being a good team. I knew they were bad from the scrimmage against Sherman. In the controlled part it was Princeton 2 touchdowns and Sherman 6 touchdowns (and that was with Sherman getting a lot of penalties including personal foul types). In the live quarter it was Princeton -- 0 and Sherman -- 14. Yet when I watched the livestream of Princeton at Pine Tree the guy said that Princeton won the scrimmage (something like 36-34, I forget exactly). Well, I don't care about how the scrimmage may be scored, I look at in a more realistic way and I took notes on every play. If the good/great players will move in and Princeton can get good/great coaching then it would be fun. But Allen is close, Frisco schools are close, Melissa is close, etc.

I stayed home. I listened to Gunter at Leonard.

There were very few penalties, especially personal fouls.  It was the least chippy game I've ever seen between Lovejoy and Princeton, so I assume the coaches had a sit down.

I see what you're saying about the other dominate schools being close, but Lovejoy shares a very large border with Allen and we manage to get by.  Yes, the big transfers go to Allen, but we work with what we have.  Your starting O-line and 2nd string were some big boys.  Lovejoy has never had that kind of depth.  Princeton also has a perk of being affordable.  Hopefully the Panthers start to turn things around, big growth is headed that way.

11 hours ago, Leopard4Life said:

There were very few penalties, especially personal fouls.  It was the least chippy game I've ever seen between Lovejoy and Princeton, so I assume the coaches had a sit down.

I see what you're saying about the other dominate schools being close, but Lovejoy shares a very large border with Allen and we manage to get by.  Yes, the big transfers go to Allen, but we work with what we have.  Your starting O-line and 2nd string were some big boys.  Lovejoy has never had that kind of depth.  Princeton also has a perk of being affordable.  Hopefully the Panthers start to turn things around, big growth is headed that way.

It was Sherman and South Garland who were being chippy, LOL and then Princeton got drawn into it too much.

I did notice that Princeton had some size this year. I'm not impressed by the coaching for about 7 years now. The defense DBs were too small and short. 

Princeton (the town) is going the direction that I would like. I'd prefer it to be a high school of 200 enrollment or a little bigger.

Losing 62-6 is really hard for the team and program. I've seen big losing for them before. '86-'89 were all 1-9 seasons. '90-'91 were 2-8. '92 was 3-7. '93 was 7-2-1. So losing games like 62-6 feels like those big losing seasons. Oh well, I'm just talking...

This week Princeton is home against the new Prosper Rock Hill (0-2) so I hope the Panthers will get another win.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, alyssaB said:

It was Sherman and South Garland who were being chippy, LOL and then Princeton got drawn into it too much.

I did notice that Princeton had some size this year. I'm not impressed by the coaching for about 7 years now. The defense DBs were too small and short. 

Princeton (the town) is going the direction that I would like. I'd prefer it to be a high school of 200 enrollment or a little bigger.

Losing 62-6 is really hard for the team and program. I've seen big losing for them before. '86-'89 were all 1-9 seasons. '90-'91 were 2-8. '92 was 3-7. '93 was 7-2-1. So losing games like 62-6 feels like those big losing seasons. Oh well, I'm just talking...

This week Princeton is home against the new Prosper Rock Hill (0-2) so I hope the Panthers will get another win.

I watched some Rock Hill on NFHS and they had some speed but made lots of mistakes.  They look like a decent JV team at best.  I picked Princeton, especially after I found out y'all were getting the majority of your players back.

22 hours ago, Leopard4Life said:

I watched some Rock Hill on NFHS and they had some speed but made lots of mistakes.  They look like a decent JV team at best.  I picked Princeton, especially after I found out y'all were getting the majority of your players back.

Oh, OK. I should be at the game. Maybe they don't have seniors like a lot of new schools.

14 hours ago, alyssaB said:

Oh, OK. I should be at the game. Maybe they don't have seniors like a lot of new schools.

They have Seniors, mostly kids that wouldn't start at Prosper so they moved to Rock Hill.  The program was slowed by Covid.  They will get better as the season progresses.  It's hard to start a new program in 5A.  I would open early as a 3A/4A and let the school grow.

On 10/15/2020 at 11:03 AM, Leopard4Life said:

They have Seniors, mostly kids that wouldn't start at Prosper so they moved to Rock Hill.  The program was slowed by Covid.  They will get better as the season progresses.  It's hard to start a new program in 5A.  I would open early as a 3A/4A and let the school grow.

Thanks, Leopard. It was tough watching two weaker schools battle it out, and Princeton came out the winner 24-17 by winning the 4th Q. 

Princeton was up 7-0 but then fell behind 17-7.

My football friend and I are glad for the win because the boys not only have to beat the other team, but they have to beat the officials and their own coaches. It's quite sad...

Princeton's coaches... It's rare to get the good officiating like they had against South Garland.

Princeton ran more despite the guy who would do most of the RB duties was on the sideline with his arm in a sling.

Rock Hill dominated for much of the game but made just enough mistakes in the 4th for Princeton to win. Princeton had the ball in the 3rd for only about 2:30-ish minutes.