#1 Carthage vs #4 Gilmer

Sportsguru02

Week 5  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Carthage Bulldogs
    • Gilmer Buckeyes

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/26/2020 at 12:30 AM

Carthage - no scrimmage and only one game, so definitely not in game shape. Will have a new starter on the offensive line. 
With the above said, I look for Carthage to have some explosive plays and I look for Gilmer to have a few explosive plays after Carthage’s front 6 get winded/tired.  
Give me Carthage in a 41 - 27 type game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

You might want to go watch the Dawg D against Kilgore.

They were minus 23 yards right before the half.

They are big and super fast.

Dawgs 35 Buckeyes 18

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans.  

I’ve watched it and you can’t compare Kilgore offense to ours not even close 

I'm thinking this game will be 10 points either way. I would love for the Buckeyes to put together a complete game. Carthage being real limited on playing time will help in our favor just a little. It will also depend if we can keep the penalties in check and not turnover the ball. We might have gotten away with them these past few weeks, but Carthage will capitalize on those mistakes. We can't afford to do that in this game. We have the playmakers to make this game very interesting. 

I dont know much about this years Carthage team. I've watched the Kilgore game, but that is hard to judge a team by just that to go off of. Who are this years playmakers for the Dawgs? 

Just hope we play a clean game and everyone comes out injury free. 

8 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

You might want to go watch the Dawg D against Kilgore.

They were minus 23 yards right before the half.

They are big and super fast.

Dawgs 35 Buckeyes 18

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans.  

I hear ya. Dawgs defense looked pretty good in that season opener. But like some others have said, Kilgore's offense isn't in the same league as Gilmer's. The Buckeyes have playmakers all over the field.

If Carthage had three games in like everybody else, I'd be picking the Bulldogs by 14. Without that game experience, though, this one's much closer and I almost lean a little towards Gilmer.

Should be a great game, either way. Both teams will live in the top 3-5 in the state all year anyway, as they should. Both have a legitimate shot of making it to Jerry World in December.

Carthage in a good game - Gilmer has given up I think 136 points in 4 games - that's not going to cut it against the better teams in the state.  They will score a few big plays but inability to stop good teams means your offense is on the sidelines and your team gets tired.  

49-27

8 minutes ago, Hawks2021 said:

Carthage in a good game - Gilmer has given up I think 136 points in 4 games - that's not going to cut it against the better teams in the state.  They will score a few big plays but inability to stop good teams means your offense is on the sidelines and your team gets tired.  

49-27

#22 for lindale is probably the best back gilmer will see until the playoffs.   They essentially shut him down after halftime adjustments.   Not to mention the secondary picking a few passes off.   We'll just have to play the games.

• Like 1