#1 Carthage vs #4 Gilmer

Sportsguru02

Week 5  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Carthage Bulldogs
    • Gilmer Buckeyes

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/26/2020 at 12:30 AM

1 hour ago, StangtilDeath said:

#22 for lindale is probably the best back gilmer will see until the playoffs.   They essentially shut him down after halftime adjustments.   Not to mention the secondary picking a few passes off.   We'll just have to play the games.

I remember a Dawg back that is pretty good. I think he rushed for over 200 yards in the state championship against a great defense. 
Add number 28 that can fly with a big and quick O line. 
74, 75, and 55, and 11 are back blocking for the Dawgs. 
The Lindale May not be the best back Gilmer will see all year. 

• Like 1

Lindale's RB may be the best back Gilmer faces all year, I agree...………...….But PG and Carthage will both have better rushing attacks(as a team) than Lindale...………..And Gilmer may "load the box" against those 2 teams, and they not have as much rushing yardage against Gilmer - Gilmer's coaches will have to pick their poison

22 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

If they are going to pull away it will be the first half we have scored most of our points in the second half 

We shall see. Carthage’s defense was really good against Kilgore, but Gilmer’s offense will be much more potent than Kilgore who barely knows what a forward pass is.

If Carthage had been playing games, I think they win easily. Gilmer is a little more battle tested right now after the game with Lindale last week. They did a great job fighting through adversity and came out with the W in the end. 

I think it will be a close game. I'm taking Carthage by 1-2 scores.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I remember a Dawg back that is pretty good. I think he rushed for over 200 yards in the state championship against a great defense. 
Add number 28 that can fly with a big and quick O line. 
74, 75, and 55, and 11 are back blocking for the Dawgs. 
The Lindale May not be the best back Gilmer will see all year. 

I didnt say all year, and I agree that Carthage has some good backs.  But #22 was a different level.  He'd get 3-5 after contact.  Definitely an asset for any team, suppose that's why he's committed to Baylor. 

• Like 1

How banged up is Gilmer after the Lindale game?   I kinda figure Carthage is healthy and very anxious to lay some wood, run the ball, and throw it.  They haven't been sittin' on their butts gettin' splinters........they've been playing football.   A good offense against a good defense every day........honing their skills and working on the plays they will be running against Gilmer for 2 weeks at least, and now this week again.  Give me Carthage by 13.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

If they are going to pull away it will be the first half we have scored most of our points in the second half 

Possibly. However, Carthage has not played and it might take them a little time to get adjusted. Should be a good game either way.

Good Luck to both! 

• Like 1

Carthage gets the W and reminds the buckeyes that they haven't beaten one solid team all year. The four teams they have played have combined to win 5 games, two were 3A. Gilmer has an offense that will score, but Carthage will get some stops and pull away. Gilmer had a great comeback and scored a bunch against Lindale, but that's Lindale. Carthage is a different animal. Carthage by 20 ish..

25 minutes ago, Unbiased1 said:

Carthage gets the W and reminds the buckeyes that they haven't beaten one solid team all year. The four teams they have played have combined to win 5 games, two were 3A. Gilmer has an offense that will score, but Carthage will get some stops and pull away. Gilmer had a great comeback and scored a bunch against Lindale, but that's Lindale. Carthage is a different animal. Carthage by 20 ish..

Lol one of those 3A schools is a legitimate state title contender and just beat the 4A Div. I school that Carthage took down in week one, put up 35 points on 'em, actually.

14 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

Lol one of those 3A schools is a legitimate state title contender and just beat the 4A Div. I school that Carthage took down in week one, put up 35 points on 'em, actually.

You are right, I retract the "nobody" statement. However, other than Gladewater, no real contenders. They should beat them though. I have no value in any other win at this time. Hendo hasn't played much, and too early to tell about them. Lindale has lost some games, and Atlanta, well you get it. 

4 minutes ago, Unbiased1 said:

You are right, I retract the "nobody" statement. However, other than Gladewater, no real contenders. They should beat them though. I have no value in any other win at this time. Hendo hasn't played much, and too early to tell about them. Lindale has lost some games, and Atlanta, well you get it. 

Ummm who has Carthage played just asking for a friend? Also let’s not forget that Carthage lost prolly 95 percent of its WR yards from last yr and this will be the first big game for a lot of these kids 

5 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

How’d Gladewater do against Center? Asking for a friend. 

Lol Maxpreps tells me they lost 41-40. But I'm not a Gladewater fan (or a Gilmer fan, or Carthage), so tell your friend they may need to ask someone else if they want better information.

Just now, d0tc0m said:

Lol Maxpreps tells me they lost 41-40. But I'm not a Gladewater fan (or a Gilmer fan, or Carthage), so tell your friend they may need to ask someone else if they want better information.

Nah, I was in Center for that one. Was also in Kilgore last week. Kilgore was SLOPPY. They didn’t look very good to me. 

7 minutes ago, Unbiased1 said:

Listen, I hear what you're trying to say. But Lindale will push Kilgore AND Henderson. And to be honest, I'm not sure Henderson won't win that district.

Atlanta might have more speed than any of the teams we're talking about on this thread, and they might win a decent amount of games against 3A competition (maybe). But my Lord, those boys were afraid of contact on the defensive side of the ball.

4 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Nah, I was in Center for that one. Was also in Kilgore last week. Kilgore was SLOPPY. They didn’t look very good to me. 

Yeah we had no chance against a very good Center team and Kilgore played sloppy. Tatum would have mopped the floor with Kilgore and let’s not forget how they put that beat down  Center. 🙄

Sorry guys I’ll get off your thread. These Tatum guys...

20 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Ummm who has Carthage played just asking for a friend? Also let’s not forget that Carthage lost prolly 95 percent of its WR yards from last yr and this will be the first big game for a lot of these kids 

It's Carthage, I assure you they will plug in someone to throw to. Lets not forget their 3 star QB who is throwing the ball. Look, I am not a Carthage fan, but like the rest of East Texas I know they a super year in and year out. I'm sure they will be great again. We all know they have played one game, but hey they are likely healthy haha.

Out of curiosity I just took a look at who DC has favor and the point spread for this game. They have Gilmer as a -1. Which is pretty decent who we are playing. I like the odds if we play a clean game. I'm just ready for Friday. Win/Lose I'll be there backing the Bux..

5 minutes ago, Sbk5280 said:

Out of curiosity I just took a look at who DC has favor and the point spread for this game. They have Gilmer as a -1. Which is pretty decent who we are playing. I like the odds if we play a clean game. I'm just ready for Friday. Win/Lose I'll be there backing the Bux..

Where’d you find that at