#1 Carthage vs #4 Gilmer

Sportsguru02

Week 5  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Carthage Bulldogs
    • Gilmer Buckeyes

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/26/2020 at 12:30 AM

1 hour ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Ummm who has Carthage played just asking for a friend? Also let’s not forget that Carthage lost prolly 95 percent of its WR yards from last yr and this will be the first big game for a lot of these kids 

You might want to check out Dawg number 4. He only played one series against Kilgore. He ran by the secondary like they were standing still for a 57 yard bomb. 
He may be the fastest player on the field Friday night. 
When have you ever seen the Dawgs without outstanding receivers. 

15 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

You might want to check out Dawg number 4. He only played one series against Kilgore. He ran by the secondary like they were standing still for a 57 yard bomb. 

I know about the hatten kid and we have a Soph that’s just as good

2 hours ago, Unbiased1 said:

You are right, I retract the "nobody" statement. However, other than Gladewater, no real contenders. They should beat them though. I have no value in any other win at this time. Hendo hasn't played much, and too early to tell about them. Lindale has lost some games, and Atlanta, well you get it. 

And Carthage hasn’t really played basically anyone either except Kilgore, which is good, but lost to Gladewater which Gilmer beat handily, so your point saying Gilmer hasn’t played anyone is moot at this point. Gilmer can win this game, but it will take an almost perfect game from them to do it. No turnovers and keep penalties wayyyy down.   If they come out with energy and play Buckeye football, I say they pull the upset. If they come out and play like they did against Lindale, this game will be over by halftime. I’m betting they come out with energy and something to prove.

2 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I think last yr game showed these boys they can play with Carthage, also I think some will get to see how good tennison really is 

I think the 6ft 5 225 pound Dawg QB

is pretty good with a year under his belt. Hopefully he will be even better this year. 
I am just messing with you Gilmer folks. 
It is going be a great game. 

40 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

And Carthage hasn’t really played basically anyone either except Kilgore, which is good, but lost to Gladewater which Gilmer beat handily, so your point saying Gilmer hasn’t played anyone is moot at this point. Gilmer can win this game, but it will take an almost perfect game from them to do it. No turnovers and keep penalties wayyyy down.   If they come out with energy and play Buckeye football, I say they pull the upset. If they come out and play like they did against Lindale, this game will be over by halftime. I’m betting they come out with energy and something to prove.

Its not a mute point. Every team Gilmer has played with the exception of Hendo has given up there fair share of points on the defensive side of the ball. They haven't face a real tough defense to date. They get to Friday. I may be wrong, but highly doubt they light up the score board like that have in the weeks past minus Hendo. It was the same thing last year, everyone hyped this offense up, and they were great until they faced the likes of Carthage and PG.

5 minutes ago, Unbiased1 said:

Its not a mute point. Every team Gilmer has played with the exception of Hendo has given up there fair share of points on the defensive side of the ball. They haven't face a real tough defense to date. They get to Friday. I may be wrong, but highly doubt they light up the score board like that have in the weeks past minus Hendo. It was the same thing last year, everyone hyped this offense up, and they were great until they faced the likes of Carthage and PG.

When we played Hendo we didn’t have our number 1 receiver and as far as last yr offense we had a QB that wasn’t asked to run but now we have a QB that can beat you with his arm and feet. This will be the first time in a min that Carthage will have to defend 4 and 5 Wrs at a time. Also Tennison beat the starting QB when they both played on JV tennison freshman yr lol 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

1988, dang it!!

Hey guys........ain’t no one scared of Carthage. Not the buckeyes anyway. We show up cut out the penalties and this thread goes 👀. See there’s no logic to this matchup. Two good teams that’s gonna battle Friday night. Talent for talent the teams are equal. Who gets the most laundry throwed at them will loose. And hatten is no secret. Gilmer has yet to put together 4 quarters and are undefeated. The difference in the buckeyes shutting teams out is mental not physical and mental can easily be fixed. #playball

Naw it’s just that Carthage fans seem to think no one can beat them. Gilmer hvnt player a full solid up to potential game yet, with that being said that day is coming who gonna be on the other side the field when it happens. Someone said that lindale #22 got 3-5 yards after being hit Friday night, not sure what game they was watching but that’s not true. He is a good high school back but Baylor will change his whole style of running. That won’t work on college level. 

18 minutes ago, Buckeyelove said:

Naw it’s just that Carthage fans seem to think no one can beat them. Gilmer hvnt player a full solid up to potential game yet, with that being said that day is coming who gonna be on the other side the field when it happens. Someone said that lindale #22 got 3-5 yards after being hit Friday night, not sure what game they was watching but that’s not true. He is a good high school back but Baylor will change his whole style of running. That won’t work on college level. 

I said it son, im not sure what game you were at either but you can go watch the replay and see. I guess it may of looked different to me from the 40 yard line on the home side..  Hes an awesome athlete who the gilmer d had no answer for until the second half.  If you don't agreed I think you need glasses.  It was insufficient defensive schemes which allowed it.  They made adjustments and shut him down.  Calm down jimmy.

• LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, StangtilDeath said:

I said it son, im not sure what game you were at either but you can go watch the replay and see. I guess it may of looked different to me from the 40 yard line on the home side..  Hes an awesome athlete who the gilmer d had no answer for until the second half.  If you don't agreed I think you need glasses.  It was insufficient defensive schemes which allowed it.  They made adjustments and shut him down.  Calm down jimmy.

The adjustment that was made was #27 jimmerson his first game back on the Dline, just his presence made a big difference and u can tell he still isn’t in game shape just wait until we get everyone healthy 

34 minutes ago, Buckeyelove said:

Well that’s bc Carthage spends a lot of December’s in Dallas. Gilmer fans acting like Carthage and PG aren’t still looming in 4A Div II and Traylor moved backed. Lot of confidence in a team that got thumped in regional finals by..oh yea; PG.

37 minutes ago, Buckeyelove said:

I promise, Carthage fans do not think the Bulldogs are unbeatable. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Unbiased1 said:

Well that’s bc Carthage spends a lot of December’s in Dallas. Gilmer fans acting like Carthage and PG aren’t still looming in 4A Div II and Traylor moved backed. Lot of confidence in a team that got thumped in regional finals by..oh yea; PG.

Hey don’t act like we are new to this we both have went a couple of yrs were one team wins a couple so don’t act like we haven’t taken y’all to the woodshed before 

The Dawg D line are big and very fast off the ball. 52 and 56 were on the Kilgore QB in the back field most of the night. 
The Dawg linebackers met at the football and mean got there in a hurry. 
I am excited to see them against the Buckeyes. 
The secondary tackles really well. 
Did not get to see how well they cover receivers, mainly because of the Dawg D line was in the back field all night long. 
I could be wrong but those short passes are going to get those Buckeye receivers lit up. 
This Dawg can hit. 

18 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

The Dawg D line are big and very fast off the ball. 52 and 56 were on the Kilgore QB in the back field most of the night. 
The Dawg linebackers met at the football and mean got there in a hurry. 
I am excited to see them against the Buckeyes. 
The secondary tackles really well. 
Did not get to see how well they cover receivers, mainly because of the Dawg D line was in the back field all night long. 
I could be wrong but those short passes are going to get those Buckeye receivers lit up. 
This Dawg can hit. 

While the Bux still run their fair share of screens and bubbles, you should know Tennison gives them a much better vertical passing game than Gilmer has had in at least 2 years.  And they have several tall lanky WR that can catch the ball.  Tennison’s ability to keep plays alive with his legs will give Carthage something to think about for sure.  Similar in style to Whitehead from Lampasas.  Tennison has the “It” factor.

Lol MY POINT was don’t think gilmer bout to lay down or be scared cause Carthage coming to town. We showing up to win just like Carthage. And again didn’t say or mean the back from wasn’t good but he didn’t put on the show you think you saw him put on. He went untouched twice for a td brother other than that he broke no more tackles than #3 from gilmer that probably weigh half wjat tjat guy weighed. But as I say I haven’t seen anything on this tread about Carthage that makes me think we can’t walk away with the win. 🤷🏻‍♂️

And no one is down playing Carthage or pg they are #1 and #2 for a reason but that don’t mean that the bucks gonna sit back and take it laying down. And let not forget that even though we didn’t beat Carthage we play them pretty close to the closet last year as the went on to win state in d14a