#1 Carthage vs #4 Gilmer

Sportsguru02

Week 5  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Carthage Bulldogs
    • Gilmer Buckeyes

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/26/2020 at 12:30 AM

5 minutes ago, Buckeyelove said:

Lol MY POINT was don’t think gilmer bout to lay down or be scared cause Carthage coming to town. We showing up to win just like Carthage. And again didn’t say or mean the back from wasn’t good but he didn’t put on the show you think you saw him put on. He went untouched twice for a td brother other than that he broke no more tackles than #3 from gilmer that probably weigh half wjat tjat guy weighed. But as I say I haven’t seen anything on this tread about Carthage that makes me think we can’t walk away with the win. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Lol, and my point was how many yards he got after contact.  Trust me, i want gilmer to win this game just as much if not more than the next guy.  Imo, this is the best chance gilmers had in several years. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Cc has the dawgs ready to beat anyone. He tends to over-egging the pudding from time to time.

He means well and supports our Dawgs no matter what.

My main concern for this game and the PG game for CHS is just the huge lack of game time the Dawgs have this season, heck, even scrimmage time as they got none!
You’d think Friday is definitely as good a chance as any to win against Carthage.

Gilmer is 4-0. That’s a lot more game time this season and they’ll be in game shape physically. The Bulldogs may be just fine and I wouldn’t put it past our coaches to have them in good game shape.

At least the Dawgs are healthy, ha!

6 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I love high school football, but I don't think I could ever justify driving to Gilmer twice in a week for anything, much less a whoopin' 😜 .

I hear you.  If tickets are online maybe you won’t have to make the drive.  I doubt there will be any extras on the Carthage side with only 750 available.

5 hours ago, Buckeyelove said:

Naw it’s just that Carthage fans seem to think no one can beat them. Gilmer hvnt player a full solid up to potential game yet, with that being said that day is coming who gonna be on the other side the field when it happens. Someone said that lindale #22 got 3-5 yards after being hit Friday night, not sure what game they was watching but that’s not true. He is a good high school back but Baylor will change his whole style of running. That won’t work on college level. 

Put the crack pipe down! Most Carthage fans on here are always respectful towards Gilmer as are Gilmer fans towards Carthage. It’s when those entitled pg boys get on here it gets silly 😜 

14 hours ago, cotton84 said:

As of 3:00 today, Gilmer still hadn’t told Carthage how they were going to get tickets.  Probably online. 

So I logged onto the website, not to purchase a ticket, but to see the process, etc. You can purchase HOME tickets, but not visitor tickets. Is it just buy the qty of tickets you want under HOME ticket sales and sit on the visitor side, or will you be able to purchase actual VISITOR tickets??

To be the best you have to beat the best, and that's why we schedule Carthage.  Back in the Traylor era, we wouldn't schedule a team in pre-district if there was a chance we would meet them in the playoffs.  Win or lose, this is a good matchup for both teams.

I would absolutely love to see the Buckeyes win this one.  We have a lot to clean up to get where we need to be as a team.  If we do somehow beat the reigning champs, will it signify that the Buckeyes are back to the contender level?  I think so.  There's really only two teams on our schedule in the past 4 years that have been on the championship level, Carthage and PG.  We have to find a way to beat these two teams for sure to have any shot at a championship.

I like what I've seen as far as enthusiasm and effort in this year's team.  They are mentally tougher than they have been the last 3 to 4 years.  They will have to maintain that toughness regardless of how things are going in the game.  We have a good enough offense to keep us in the game, and the defense to get some key stops (especially after making adjustments).  The thing is, we will have to make quicker in-game adjustments on both sides of the ball against teams like Carthage and PG who have very good coaching staffs.

The only thing that I definitely don't want to see is for the Buckeyes to hang their heads if down.  I don't think that will happen judging by what we've seen thus far this season.  I would love for this game to come down to the wire with a chance to win.  I would really love for this to be a comfortable win for the Buckeyes, too, but that is probably asking for way too much.:lol: