#1 Carthage vs #4 Gilmer

Sportsguru02

Week 5  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Carthage Bulldogs
    • Gilmer Buckeyes

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/26/2020 at 12:30 AM

9 minutes ago, Sbk5280 said:

I believe they have a different link for the visitors to use to buy tickets. Home side tickets are only for Home side seating and vise versa is what they announced last week. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that is how it went down.

There IS a visitor ticket link, but it won’t let you purchase tickets yet as of today. I guess once the home side tickets are sold, they allow the visitors to purchase the rest??

9 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

There IS a visitor ticket link, but it won’t let you purchase tickets yet as of today. I guess once the home side tickets are sold, they allow the visitors to purchase the rest??

They allow the football players and coaches first dib and tonight at like 8 they go on sale for the public 

If Gilmer can force Carthage to play their starters the whole game(except for normal subbing) and keep the score within a possession by early in the 4th, then they have a real chance for the upset.......maybe within 2 possessions to start the 4th........just depends on who has the ball.  Gonna be tough to beat Horton, Courtney, & Company coming off a SC win with all those guys returning again.  And Carthage has depth and talent on the bench from last season.......that don't count any new faces that show up each year in high school football.

Carthage returning starters....

Defense...……..full time defensive tackle, LB that started a few games early and then was injured the rest of the season, safety who started most of 2018 and 19

Offense...…….2 WRs depending on the starting formation Surratt used, 2 linemen, TE, QB, RB

2 hours ago, Buckeyelove said:

I just Hope in the event we beat Carthage, after all has been said about Carthage being healthy and hungry after not playing for 3 weeks that we won cause Carthage haven’t played but one game being the reason we won. I just hope thst. 

If y’all win you will get congratulations and full credit from the Carthage fans. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Buckeyelove said:

I just Hope in the event we beat Carthage, after all has been said about Carthage being healthy and hungry after not playing for 3 weeks that we won cause Carthage haven’t played but one game being the reason we won. I just hope thst. 

What will it be if they win?

19 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Was that year you guys went like 6-6 or something like that? Seem kinda odd all those good years and then that year. On the bright side you still won a playoff game lol. 

Yes.  If a .500 season is the lowest point of the Surratt era,  not too bad not bad at all.

This issue boils down to defense - until Gilmer plays good defense against a good team they will be on the outside looking in.  They may surpass PG this year and could beat Carthage - but they will have to play good defense and they have not yet wowed anyone with their defense.

They will score some but unless they can stop Carthage they can't stay in the game.

Carthage will win pulling away.

I agree it's a tall order. Our defense has its moments that has kept us in the game making key stops or forcing turnovers. But we need to be making consistent stops throughout the game. We need 4 quarters of defense not 2. I also hope we get some special teams issues fixed. We are lacking there too. Our offense can score, but we need more than that in big games like this. We have some great players this year on both sides of the ball and if they play to their potential will be deadly. If we can control the turnovers, less penalties, and make some stops I like our odds. Carthage is tough and well coached and will be a close game. Ready for game day to get here!

1 hour ago, Sbk5280 said:

I'm gonna go check out the JV tonight. This will calm me down till tomorrow anyways. Been looking forward to this game to see where we stand right now. We will learn a lot after tomorrow's game. 

I expect the JV game to be pretty competitive too.  I was impressed with the Gilmer JV a couple weeks ago and I have heard the Carthage JV is pretty solid too.