#1 Carthage vs #4 Gilmer

Sportsguru02

Week 5  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Carthage Bulldogs
    • Gilmer Buckeyes

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/26/2020 at 12:30 AM

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

Page 2?  This will not stand!

Gilmer is going to be a handful.  They have a lot of playmakers.  I expect this to be a tough game for the Dawgs.  Lots of unproven guys for Carthage.  This will be a big test.

Still picking Carthage to win!

This will be a test for both teams regardless of the outcome. Can't build off something if there is no foundation laid first. You wont get any better if you dont know what needs fixing. Hoping our defense plays well tonight and keeps this a close game. Need to keep those turnovers in check as well. I am so ready for kickoff to get here. 

11 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I try to watch them a lot he knows his team had some players that don’t have a lot of Friday night experience. With them not playing any games but 1 he knows they can’t make a bunch of mistakes.

Surratt is always very conservative and lavishes praise upon our opponent week to week.

Surratt is very respectful of our opponents in those interviews, especially storied programs like Gilmer.

Do you legitimately believe Carthage must execute everything to perfection in order to win tonight or any football game?

8 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I try to watch them a lot he knows his team had some players that don’t have a lot of Friday night experience. With them not playing any games but 1 he knows they can’t make a bunch of mistakes.

If you have watched many you also know he is always very complimentary of the other team regardless of whether it’s Gilmer/PG level or Spring Hill/LE level. He is a pretty good poker player in that regard.  I’m sure there is a hint of concern with the lack of game snaps going into Oct.  But in all honesty he rolled the dice for no games so I think he feels pretty confident they can turn it on when needed, even if they lose this week and/or next.