Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Crockett(2-2) at Huntington(2-1)


Recommended Posts

So first week of district this week. Surprise team of the year so far Huntington hosts Crockett.

Crockett has two losses to two pretty good teams in Rusk and Buffalo.  Both games Crockett was in. Mistakes cost them in both games.  Crockett has fielded a young squad this year and has some talent just need to get it all going together. 

Huntington played a close game last week but lost their first of the year to Hemphill. They had two wins before that one against a solid Shelbyville team. Seems their defense has played some tough ball out the gate.  
 

Dave Campbell’s has this one 17 pts for Crockett. I don’t think Huntington has ever beaten Crockett but could this be the year?

By looking at this district right now this could determine the district champion as Diboll seems down (0-3) - Trinity is favored against them this week by 1.  The rest of the district doesn’t seem to be on track either, other then maybe Westwood who seems to be playing pretty good as well. 
 

So with that said who do you got?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Red Devils roll

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jacketgrad06 said:

So first week of district this week. Surprise team of the year so far Huntington hosts Crockett.

Crockett has two losses to two pretty good teams in Rusk and Buffalo.  Both games Crockett was in. Mistakes cost them in both games.  Crockett has fielded a young squad this year and has some talent just need to get it all going together. 

Huntington played a close game last week but lost their first of the year to Hemphill. They had two wins before that one against a solid Shelbyville team. Seems their defense has played some tough ball out the gate.  
 

Dave Campbell’s has this one 17 pts for Crockett. I don’t think Huntington has ever beaten Crockett but could this be the year?

By looking at this district right now this could determine the district champion as Diboll seems down (0-3) - Trinity is favored against them this week by 1.  The rest of the district doesn’t seem to be on track either, other then maybe Westwood who seems to be playing pretty good as well. 
 

So with that said who do you got?

Shelbyville is not solid. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jacketgrad06 said:

So first week of district this week. Surprise team of the year so far Huntington hosts Crockett.

Crockett has two losses to two pretty good teams in Rusk and Buffalo.  Both games Crockett was in. Mistakes cost them in both games.  Crockett has fielded a young squad this year and has some talent just need to get it all going together. 

Huntington played a close game last week but lost their first of the year to Hemphill. They had two wins before that one against a solid Shelbyville team. Seems their defense has played some tough ball out the gate.  
 

Dave Campbell’s has this one 17 pts for Crockett. I don’t think Huntington has ever beaten Crockett but could this be the year?

By looking at this district right now this could determine the district champion as Diboll seems down (0-3) - Trinity is favored against them this week by 1.  The rest of the district doesn’t seem to be on track either, other then maybe Westwood who seems to be playing pretty good as well. 
 

So with that said who do you got?

Having seen film of Trinity vs Groveton, I’ve gotta say, if they’re a playoff team, the jump from 2A D1 to 3A D1 ain’t near what it’s cracked up to be. Or maybe this district is just weak overall, idk. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

Having seen film of Trinity vs Groveton, I’ve gotta say, if they’re a playoff team, the jump from 2A D1 to 3A D1 ain’t near what it’s cracked up to be. Or maybe this district is just weak overall, idk. 

The district is down overall. If wasn’t for Crockett’a mistakes and youth it would be them in a run away with this district. They have speed and talent all over the field but shoot themselves in the foot a lot from the games I have watched. Buffalo is a salty team and they should’ve tied that game at the end and probably should’ve won.   Rusk game they had a lot of bad penalties that really took them out of the game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Overall district is down Diboll graduated 29 seniors Crockett lost alot of talent and Franklin dropped back down to d2.... Then add in elkhart who is way down it gives teams like Westwood and Trinity a chance to shine. But imo I would not be surprised to see this district get swept in the first round or go 1-3 at best. Good luck to all teams this season

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Overall district is down Diboll graduated 29 seniors Crockett lost alot of talent and Franklin dropped back down to d2.... Then add in elkhart who is way down it gives teams like Westwood and Trinity a chance to shine. But imo I would not be surprised to see this district get swept in the first round or go 1-3 at best. Good luck to all teams this season

Totally agree

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2020 at 8:45 AM, lionpride08 said:

Crockett will win this game by 14.... If crockett does not win this game then it will give me an idea how good buffalo really it

you do realize crockett had 3 td called back 1 which would have put them up 21-6 at half time.they looked at the replay and there was no holding.go look up the stats buffalo had 251 yards of offense  and ckt had 155 penalty yards buffalo had 45 yards.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Crockett got it together this week and it showed on the scoreboard. They are now the clear favorites in this district with diboll finally getting their first W as well. This district is wide open. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jacketgrad06 said:

Crockett got it together this week and it showed on the scoreboard. They are now the clear favorites in this district with diboll finally getting their first W as well. This district is wide open. 

kinda interested in how ckt does next season they only will a few players. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...