Masks Forever!!!

gamewatcher63

3 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Have you been there? If so, when and for how long?

90 days   In the mid 90s.    Riyadh ( USMTM )  .  Ended up on General Franks convoy duty.  So I went to Dhahran, Saudi Arabia and the country of Baharain.  

I got luck there.  5 star food facilities there.  

11 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

90 days   In the mid 90s.    Riyadh ( USMTM )  .  Ended up on General Franks convoy duty.  So I went to Dhahran, Saudi Arabia and the country of Baharain.  

I got luck there.  5 star food facilities there.  

I spent 6 months at Al Kharj on Prince Sultan AB ... in 94 ... we were billeted in Riyadh and drove 2 1/2 hours to Al's Garage each way ... I had a double wide office on the base and just slept out there many nights to avoid the travel in the heat.  I was in Kobar Towers the week before the terrorist truck bomb blew it up.  Went to Bahrain three times, once for R & R, and twice on official business , we had a lot of propositioned equipment in warehouses there .... I hated everything about Saudi

29 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I spent 6 months at Al Kharj on Prince Sultan AB ... in 94 ... we were billeted in Riyadh and drove 2 1/2 hours to Al's Garage each way ... I had a double wide office on the base and just slept out there many nights to avoid the travel in the heat.  I was in Kobar Towers the week before the terrorist truck bomb blew it up.  Went to Bahrain three times, once for R & R, and twice on official business , we had a lot of propositioned equipment in warehouses there .... I hated everything about Saudi

I was was there Summer of 95.  Stayed mostly in USMTM compound.  I was at Riyadh AB chow hall waiting for the general to come out of meeting .  When one of the worker was trying to ask me what was the range of my radio was.  I was real vague, and he got mad.   I told my NCO in charge about it.  He reported it.  A couple hours later I went with the Saudi military to a building.  They took me to a room where the worker was at, and asked me if this was the guy.  His face was swollen from the integration I couldn't tell.  So they showed me a picture of him before the interrogation.  I replied yes, and that was that.  General Franks asked me what I saw.  He just replied; " Some places you don't have the right to remain silent."  A couple of months past when a car bomb exploded in Riyadh.  I already left at that time.  I think it was about a year later Khobar towers happened.  

I went back to Lackland AFB .  I was in the 37th Supply Squadron.  .  I was one of the M60 gunner on top of the Humvee.  I got that training at Lackland AFB.  ( Medina Complex ).  

12 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Wrong again, it has nothing to do with health issues ... it's about controlling behavior ...

Have you ever heard of the Mutawa?  These countries have a religious police that enforce these "rules" .... This link describes the one in Saudi Arabia ... they all have some form of govt or religious enforcement ...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Committee_for_the_Promotion_of_Virtue_and_the_Prevention_of_Vice_(Saudi_Arabia)

We have KAREN

• Roll Eyes 1