thank you is in order here

maxjean

So it's ok for kids to be on a football field, playing a game, that has no social distancing involved, where there's sweating, spitting and maybe even some blood, but yet they are going to empty a stadium of fans that they decide have broken protocol rules because the powers that be want to tell us they care more about the kids than the parents and fans do? Smh

I'm all for the kids playing, and I'll wear my mask, as I do each week, but please don't tell me we need to enforce mask wearing because we care about the kids. If the kids are fine on the field, then I'm fine in the stands. 

One of the games this year (I won't say which one), I was in the box. I had my mask on but I asked if I was allowed to take it off during the game. The mask fogs up my glasses so it's just easier without it. I was told I would have to wear it the whole game per the rules of the box, which I did. Problem was the person telling me that wasn't wearing one and never wore one the whole game. I didn't say anything because I was just thankful I could be in the box at all. 

I'm in the at risk age group and could stand to lose a lot of pounds, and I will wear the mask and social distance, but I'm a big (in more ways than one) girl and am smart enough to take care of myself and those around me. If I'm sick or was scared I would get sick I would stay home. My choice. 

Bottom line is they are never going to get everyone to totally comply with the protocol. Even those in charge want to interpret for themselves what the protocol means. Many of those need to reread the mandates. If they decide to play without fans, it is what it is, but don't say it's because you care about the kids. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

https://nypost.com/2020/09/24/covid-19-mutation-may-be-evolving-to-bypass-masks-hand-washing/ .  I'm not saying this is confirmed yet, but if it is it doesn't matter if you wear a mask, wash your hands, or social distance.  We can't lock everybody up until it's gone, so we might as well go with herd immunity as I've always felt we should.