FBI Director Says No National Mail Voting Fraud Effort

BarryLaverty

White supremacy groups as dangerous entities are also addressed, as well as continued efforts by Russia to mess with our election, as Trump officials have tried to bury that as a threat. 

https://news.yahoo.com/fbi-director-sees-no-evidence-121645634.html

FBI Director Sees No Evidence of National Mail Voting Fraud Effort

39d95cc0-bbe6-11ea-bfff-6defc850efd2
Adam Goldman and Zolan Kanno-Youngs

FBI Director Christopher Wray testifies at a Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee hearing on "Threats to the Homeland" on Capitol Hill in Washington, U.S., September 24, 2020. REUTERS/Joshua Roberts/Pool

WASHINGTON — The FBI has not seen evidence of a “coordinated national voter fraud effort,” its director, Christopher Wray, told lawmakers Thursday, undercutting President Donald Trump’s efforts to stoke fears about mail-in ballots by claiming without evidence that they are an election threat.

Any fraud effort would have to be widespread and well coordinated to change the election outcome, and carrying out that kind of fraud would be a “major challenge for an adversary,” Wray said. But he made it clear he was not minimizing other threats to election security, including smaller-scale frauds.

“It’s on our radar,” Wray told the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee.

Wray’s testimony came a week after the president publicly attacked him for asserting at a House hearing that Russia was conducting election interference operations and that violent extremism was a significant threat. Though both issues are well documented, Trump has long downplayed the Russian operations, seeing them as a threat to his legitimacy, and he has emphasized far-left extremists over the deadlier threat from the far right and white supremacists.

Wray sought to emphasize his views on Antifa, the loose anti-fascist movement, after Trump suggested the director had downplayed it as a threat during last week’s testimony. On Thursday, Wray said: “Antifa is a real thing. It is not a fiction.” He said the FBI had seen “organized, tactical activity” among those associated with the movement on both the regional and local levels.

“We have seen Antifa adherence coalescing and working together in what I would describe as small groups and nodes,” Wray said. “All of this I said last week, but some got more clearly conveyed than others.”

Sen. Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, the chairman of the committee, opened the hearing by demanding additional scrutiny on demonstrations against police brutality and racism. While Johnson homed in on people defacing property and committing violent acts, he admitted that the protests had been largely peaceful and also that white supremacists had presented a more lethal threat in recent years.

“As serious as all these threats I just mentioned are, I have a growing fear that what is happening in the streets of America actually represents a greater threat for a long-term democracy,” Johnson said.

Wray said terrorism — both international and domestic — remained the biggest threat to the country, and he singled out a 2019 case in Colorado in which FBI agents arrested a man accused of being a white supremacist and plotting to bomb a Jewish temple and poison its members.

Kenneth Cuccinelli, the acting deputy secretary for the Department of Homeland Security, also appeared before the committee for the first time since a senior department official accused him of downplaying the threat of white supremacist extremism.

Brian Murphy, the former head of homeland security’s intelligence branch, filed a complaint with the House Intelligence Committee asserting that Cuccinelli had ordered him to modify intelligence assessments to make the threat of violent white supremacy “appear less severe” and include information on violent “left wing” groups and antifa.

Cuccinelli was also accused of withholding the release of an annual threat assessment that would have singled out such white supremacy and Russian interference as a prime threats to the United States because of how it would “reflect upon President Trump.”

“I absolutely did not do that. That did not happen,” Cuccinelli told Sen. Jacky Rosen, D-Nev., who pressed him on whether the language in the final draft of the assessment would be diluted when it is released on Oct. 1.

Cuccinelli said the report would clearly state the threat stemming from white supremacy.

“When white supremacists act as terrorists, more people per incident are killed,” Cuccinelli said. “That is a higher lethality.”

This article originally appeared in The New York Times.

• Stinks 1

You know, Barry, there are individuals on the Left who think you are a "white supremacist" and that you are racist...because you're white (I assume you are, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong).

The woman who wrote the book "White Fragility" (which is, as  far as I know, celebrated by Liberals and those on the Left) is an avowed racist. She said so herself.

As far as a national effort, that's kind of a "weasel word", isn't it? What about the recent stories of invalidated mail-in ballots? The effort by Pennsylvania to not validate signatures? Paterson, NJ? It doesn't have to be a "national" effort. It just has to be an effort in the right spot.

Like the old one you tried on me about outrunning a bear. I don't have to outrun the bear, or everyone in the group, I just have to outrun the slower people.

And while the FBI director says "no national effort"--there does NOT have to be a national effort, only concentrated efforts in a few key states, can turn the election--such as Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and other battle ground states. 

So in other words, barry is using his MSM buddies to parrot another HIT-PIECE on President Trump--which allows me to go with my standard--SSDD!!!!!

Wray is nothing but a swamp protecting lemming  ....  President Trump never should have appointed him and he needs to be fired ... he has also been caught withholding evidence in the Russian collusion hoax against President Trump  ....  I'm pretty confident he will be fired and replaced early in President Trump's second term ....

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

You know, Barry, there are individuals on the Left who think you are a "white supremacist" and that you are racist...because you're white (I assume you are, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong).

The woman who wrote the book "White Fragility" (which is, as  far as I know, celebrated by Liberals and those on the Left) is an avowed racist. She said so herself.

As far as a national effort, that's kind of a "weasel word", isn't it? What about the recent stories of invalidated mail-in ballots? The effort by Pennsylvania to not validate signatures? Paterson, NJ? It doesn't have to be a "national" effort. It just has to be an effort in the right spot.

Like the old one you tried on me about outrunning a bear. I don't have to outrun the bear, or everyone in the group, I just have to outrun the slower people.

So, you aren't concerned about the white supremacist groups that are seen as the biggest, most lethal threat in America, but you are all in a tizzy over BLM and Antifa, right? You seem to be tying yourself into knots with that response. 

18 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

And while the FBI director says "no national effort"--there does NOT have to be a national effort, only concentrated efforts in a few key states, can turn the election--such as Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and other battle ground states. 

So in other words, barry is using his MSM buddies to parrot another HIT-PIECE on President Trump--which allows me to go with my standard--SSDD!!!!!

I can  say with very sure confidence that voter suppression tactics have been utilized by the GOP in all 50 states. That bother you, too, Danny? 

48 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Wray is nothing but a swamp protecting lemming  ....  President Trump never should have appointed him and he needs to be fired ... he has also been caught withholding evidence in the Russian collusion hoax against President Trump  ....  I'm pretty confident he will be fired and replaced early in President Trump's second term ....

But I thought Trump only hires the best people. 

9 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

So, you aren't concerned about the white supremacist groups that are seen as the biggest, most lethal threat in America, but you are all in a tizzy over BLM and Antifa, right? You seem to be tying yourself into knots with that response. 

Not tying myself in knots at all with it. How many white supremacists are in America? Do you know? I notice you didn't directly address what I said. I believe I've said for years that I'm against white supremacy and racism of any kind. I believe in character over melanin content. I've met upstanding people of all races and ethnicities that are terrific people. I've also met people of all races who I wouldn't want to associate with at all.

Let me ask you this. I know partially how you'll answer already, but I'm gonna ask anyway:

How many unarmed black individuals were shot by police last year? Now, how many unarmed white individuals were shot by police last year? Do you know? Have you researched it?

8 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Not tying myself in knots at all with it. How many white supremacists are in America? Do you know? I notice you didn't directly address what I said. I believe I've said for years that I'm against white supremacy and racism of any kind. I believe in character over melanin content. I've met upstanding people of all races and ethnicities that are terrific people. I've also met people of all races who I wouldn't want to associate with at all.

Let me ask you this. I know partially how you'll answer already, but I'm gonna ask anyway:

How many unarmed black individuals were shot by police last year? Now, how many unarmed white individuals were shot by police last year? Do you know? Have you researched it?

Notice how he started off his rant with a false statement? .... Typical false premise from the left ....

14 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Try and stay focused, Monte, and we will go through this one at a time. White supremacy groups are the biggest terrorism threat on our soil, and the Trump administration won't acknowledge that, but instead, tries to have it downplayed. Why is that? 

Then, black Americans are shot at a much higher disproportionate rate than white Americans. Why would you try to negate their concerns about that? 

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

White supremacy groups are the biggest terrorism threat on our soil, and the Trump administration won't acknowledge that, but instead, tries to have it downplayed. Why is that? 

Then, black Americans are shot at a much higher disproportionate rate than white Americans. Why would you try to negate their concerns about that? 

First, do you have an actual (i.e. FBI/Bureau of Labor and statistics) source for that? if you do, I'd love to read it. And I've never said white supremacists aren't a threat. If I have, show me. But you can't. Because I didn't.

Secondly, you're moving the goal posts. Has Biden decried Antifa by name? Not to my knowledge. Why have they (namely Biden AND Harris) been in favor of and actively asking people to bail out the looters and rioters? Seems to me that they're in favor of both of those things.

Further, I am not negating anyone's concerns. I'm merely pointing out that you and the media are pretending like unarmed whites aren't getting shot by police -- at all. When was the last time you saw a news report about an unarmed white guy getting shot by the police, let alone one that spurred protests and riots?

And despite the narrative, I don't think that 99.99% of police go on shift saying "I hope I get to shoot a black person today." Nor do I think the vast, vast majority of whites wake up in the morning going "How can I be racist today?" If you believe that, you're disingenuous or intellectually dishonest.

And yes, I recognize I used a logical fallacy. But that seems to be the norm for this forum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

Try and stay focused, Monte, and we will go through this one at a time. White supremacy groups are the biggest terrorism threat on our soil, and the Trump administration won't acknowledge that, but instead, tries to have it downplayed. Why is that? 

Falsehood after falsehood. 

White supremacy is not biggest terror threat on our soil. Even if it is (which I am quit positive it’s not) we must be doing great since the last terror strike by a white supremacy group was never. 

blacks are not shot disproportionately higher. They are actually shot at a lower percentage when you look at police interactions.  You looking at faulty analysis by people with an agenda. 
Have a good sat, Barry. 

38 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

All corpses vote Democrat. Does this bother you, Eunice?

What bothers me is that Trump who should have the expectations of dignity and statesmanship as POTUS has chosen to act like a petulant, childish, whiny loser who gets his minions to dance on a string with nonsense. How a hateful man can't understand why others hate him is beyond me. Why doesn't that bother you, Karen? 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

What bothers me is that Trump who should have the expectations of dignity and statesmanship as POTUS has chosen to act like a petulant, childish, whiny loser who gets his minions to dance on a string with nonsense. How a hateful man can't understand why others hate him is beyond me. Why doesn't that bother you, Karen? 

2lra9n.jpg

• LOL! 1

5 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I never see white supremacy but Black supremacy is everywhere. What is the difference? 🤔 

I respectfully disagree. There are definitely white supremacists groups out there. There are black supremacists too, but not everywhere. There are white racists, black racists, Hispanic racist, etc. More are being "seen" now more than ever imo. 

What I don't get...White pride = BAD. Black pride = good.  Hispanic pride = good. Asian pride = good. When did racial self esteem turn into a bad thing but only for Caucasians? 

12 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Glad you finally desrribed your feelings for him in an honest manner; You HATE him... what took you so long to “come out of That closet?”

6 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Glad you finally desrribed your feelings for him in an honest manner; You HATE him... what took you so long to “come out of That closet?”

No big confession...said it many times before. Guess your blindly devoted hero worship wouldn't let it get through to your fevered dream. 

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

No big confession...said it many times before. Guess your blindly devoted hero worship wouldn't let it get through to your fevered dream. 

No Hero Worshipping here, Mildred. I have stated Many times & in several threads that I am not a fan of Trump as a Celeb/person; But as the best presidential candidate, he is far & away a much better choice than “Touchy Feely Creepy Joe” & his Ho.

On 9/26/2020 at 9:30 AM, BarryLaverty said:

I can  say with very sure confidence that voter suppression tactics have been utilized by the GOP in all 50 states. That bother you, too, Danny? 

Please list proof of any voter suppression. Don't give me this :BS: about people being too poor or too far away to get an ID. That is all "FAKE". But if someone was actually out there keeping people from voting--I would be against it. I believe every single over 18 years old, LEGAL US CITIZEN has a right to vote. NOBODY else though, not legal non-US Citizens, NOT ILLEGAL immigrants,--and nobody DEAD!!!!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

Please list proof of any voter suppression. Don't give me this :BS: about people being too poor or too far away to get an ID. That is all "FAKE". But if someone was actually out there keeping people from voting--I would be against it. I believe every single over 18 years old, LEGAL US CITIZEN has a right to vote. NOBODY else though, not legal non-US Citizens, NOT ILLEGAL immigrants,--and nobody DEAD!!!!

A solution: make everybody who wants a stimulus check come sign for it , IN Person & make them prove their citizenship & provide ID. No Proof; No $$$.