Week Two: Longview at Marshall

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-1) vs Marshall Mavericks (1-0)  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Marshall in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2020 at 12:30 AM

On 9/26/2020 at 2:23 PM, LoboFan07 said:

We were that bad.

Kicking situation is a mess.

Offensive line is a complete mess.

Neither sophomore QB has any confidence.

Four turnovers. 24 points off turnovers. 17 penalties. 140+ yards in penalties.

Wasted timeouts on time management.

Not catching a punt that then rolls to the 1 and then they get a safety.

Unbelievable mess in the tackling department.

Temple might be a good team, but they aren't 27 points in talent better than Longview.

Agreed, then what’s the deal, why or how did y’all get blown out like that? What allowed that to happen?

5 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Agreed, then what’s the deal, why or how did y’all get blown out like that? What allowed that to happen?

4 turnovers, 3 fumbles by our star senior running back.

17 penalties. 142 penalty yards.

I mean, it was just a joke of a third quarter that snowballed from the start. Temple simply capitalized on every mistake we made. The 24 points off turnovers shows that (add in that 2 point safety after the mistake of not catching the punt for a nice 26 points). Massive props to them for sure.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

4 turnovers, 3 fumbles by our star senior running back.

17 penalties. 142 penalty yards.

I mean, it was just a joke of a third quarter that snowballed from the start. Temple simply capitalized on every mistake we made. The 24 points off turnovers shows that (add in that 2 point safety after the mistake of not catching the punt for a nice 26 points). Massive props to them for sure.

Good grief!!! I didn’t get to watch the game on FSSW. 

4 turnovers and 17 penalties!

That will kill any team. Turnovers and penalties almost got Texas beat in Lubbock on Saturday.

36 minutes ago, The Real Mavfan said:

Maybe it will build a little confidence

I think this is what our young boys need more than anything. If we can come our and get our QBs some confidence early, I'll feel much, much better about this.

• Like 1

9th

Longview A 25

Marshall A 0

Half

Longview's 2024 (Freshmen group) are special on both sides of the ball.

A pair of 2024 RBs in Taylor Tatum and Willie Nelson make for a crazy good RB tandem for Longview in the future. Both already have good size and great talent, FBS potential.

How rare is it for Longview to not have a win after two games to open a season you might ask? Extremely, extremely rare.

In fact it's only happened twice since 1964. In 1971, Longview opened the season 0-1-1. In 2014, Longview opened the season 0-2.

Facts last senior  class spoiled us with their 40-2  people dont remember the times we start off slow and season still ends well  above .500, we saw what happen last year went 11-0 and then had a bad game at the wrong time,tbh I rather get the bad games out the way when games don't count I'll be more worried if we still struggling when district starts and games start to count.

Hope everyone stays safe and both teams play hard. 

Longview looked decent for 2 quarters, with normal first-game jitter mistakes. Throw in a weird fall camp schedule and missing a lot of a scrimmage, and the bottom falls out against a good team like Temple. Having young QBs make the bad practice schedule and missed game time even more tough on the team. 

This team had better get their heads in the right spot. The fight against Texas High is a very bad look. I get that football is an emotional game, but it's also a game of discipline and self control. And not only were there several penalities, they were the stupid kind. It's one thing to get called for holding because your hands slip out wide while trying to block... It's another to hit someone after the play or false start because you didn't know the snap count.

If Longview plays smart and hard, they will win this game. If they don't, Marshall is ALWAYS ready to take it to us and it could be bad.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, marvda1 said:

what are your thoughts on that game?

New Caney made a lot of mistakes and Marshall capitalized when it mattered most.

Marshall has a heck of a kicker.

Somewhat shocked Marshall actually won the game after watching it, but no doubt, full credit to the Mavs for grabbing the W.

33 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

New Caney made a lot of mistakes and Marshall capitalized when it mattered most.

Marshall has a heck of a kicker.

Somewhat shocked Marshall actually won the game after watching it, but no doubt, full credit to the Mavs for grabbing the W.

He transferred in from Hallsville.