Week Two: Longview at Marshall

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-1) vs Marshall Mavericks (1-0)  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Marshall in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2020 at 12:30 AM

1 hour ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Call this series off!

Pretty much. I don't think either team gets much from this game any more. 

The game has been a serious mismatch every year since about 2002 in terms of enrollment other than like 2008 and 2009. For a few years, Marshall would show up ready to play and usually self destruct, but since about 2010, the game really hasn't been worth being played other than that magical season for Marshall in 2015. 

I have a lot of respect for Marshall as a program, their athletes, and their history. Pound for pound, they're a strong team. But we're just in different classifications, divisions, etc. now 

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

The team doesn't, for sure...well other than some confidence on Longview's part.

Now the school districts and all that $$$ they usually bring in? They're definitely getting something out of it.

Still, game needs to end. Longview has won 19 of 20, and apart from the one off in 2015...literally none of them have been close at halftime (even the 2019 game that Marshall controlled the entire clock was still a three score game at halftime).

5 hours ago, WolverBean said:

texas football  looking stupid picking marshall based off our game last week

Well, add me and several thousand of others to the stupid list. You can't blame the fanbase after what we've seen the past couple of weeks. If, you want your fanbase, alumni and supporters to be optimistic, then you must FIRST give them something to be optimistic about.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

The game has been a serious mismatch every year since about 2002 in terms of enrollment other than like 2008 and 2009. For a few years, Marshall would show up ready to play and usually self destruct, but since about 2010, the game really hasn't been worth being played other than that magical season for Marshall in 2015. 

I have a lot of respect for Marshall as a program, their athletes, and their history. Pound for pound, they're a strong team. But we're just in different classifications, divisions, etc. now 

Hopefully Carthage and Marshall keep their series going. It will be fun over the years if we can keep it up. Obviously you can’t replace a 100+ year rivalry, but those games between the Dawgs and the Mavs will be competitive and fun for the communities. They are about as close geographically as you could ask for. The programs match up good together with the potential into turning into a yearly heated rivalry. That would give both teams a yearly game. Then maybe it would help let the Mavs off the hook and stop the destruction that’s takes place every year by giving them a new game to look forward to and circle on the schedule.

• Like 1