Week Two: Longview at Marshall

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-1) vs Marshall Mavericks (1-0)  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Marshall in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2020 at 12:30 AM

6 hours ago, Quick said:

Well, add me and several thousand of others to the stupid list. You can't blame the fanbase after what we've seen the past couple of weeks. If, you want your fanbase, alumni and supporters to be optimistic, then you must FIRST give them something to be optimistic about.

Yeah I gotcha. No doubt we looked BAD against Temple, but teams in every sport and every league are having weird games like that cause of COVID. Like Oklahoma losing to Kansas State who, the week before, lost to Arkansas State.

One thing that really bothered me last night is special teams, all the way around. I hope the coaches address this, this coming week. Other than that I was proud of the hustle after last weeks game. Clean up a few more penalties and grow as team we will be just fine.

7 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Hopefully Carthage and Marshall keep their series going. It will be fun over the years if we can keep it up. Obviously you can’t replace a 100+ year rivalry, but those games between the Dawgs and the Mavs will be competitive and fun for the communities. They are about as close geographically as you could ask for. The programs match up good together with the potential into turning into a yearly heated rivalry. That would give both teams a yearly game. Then maybe it would help let the Mavs off the hook and stop the destruction that’s takes place every year by giving them a new game to look forward to and circle on the schedule.

I think this is absolutely the right way to go. 

No scoreline should ever read, 263-49, over a five year stretch. It has been ugly from the get go this last half decade. 

Let the Marshall/Carthage rivalry blossom. 

34 minutes ago, Lobo1111 said:

One thing that really bothered me last night is special teams, all the way around. I hope the coaches address this, this coming week. Other than that I was proud of the hustle after last weeks game. Clean up a few more penalties and grow as team we will be just fine.

I did like that they switched kickers immediately after that first PAT. I don’t know what has happened to Onofree. He was so strong early on last season, then half way through something had to of happen cause he has not been the same since.

Marshall has no business playing Longview year after year unless the Marshall coaches like being the whipping child for Longview. Marshall doesn’t have the talent pool to pull from like Longview does and for many years now Marshall is just flat out coached. When you take 3 down linemen and try and stop 7 or 8 running at you for more than half the game and do very little in adjustments, there’s a problem! I’m sure these young players are tired of having it handed to them year after year! Stop this your getting nothing out of it for either team!