Sabine @ Atlanta - 10/2

H3llR4z0r

Sabine vs. Atlanta - 10/2  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Sabine Cardinals
    • Atlanta Rabbits

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2020 at 12:30 AM

6 hours ago, AtlantaFan04 said:

How does that happen? I can understand having the wrong personnel on 1st down but after running the play you have an opportunity to fix that. Unless they sent the wrong personnel into the game 3 consecutive times. That 4th down play call...good lord. 

Idk man. I'm not a coach, so I can't take it too far. All I do know is, I have watched some really great coaches in high school football over the years, and the thing that seemed to separate them from the rest, was how they faced adversity such as Atlanta faced at the end of the game Friday. Put the ball in the hands of your playmakers. 

The Gladewater/Gilmer game of 2014 is the ultimate prime example. Nobody in there right mind hands the ball off on a HB draw in that situation. The only difference is, there wasn't really any doubt who the best athlete on the field was. Both teams had stellar athletes, but if you were to make an argument for who was the best, I don't think you could take that away from Kris Boyd. 

Now, #5 is obviously (if there was any doubt, there's not after the past 2 weeks) the playmaker we rely on. But in this game, #12 and #30 really got us back in the game. Why #30 wasn't playing the first 3 quarters, I'm not sure. He wasn't a speedster by any means, but with his size, he could definitely soften up a defensive front, and he did. He allowed #12 to really get us into a position to tie the game. That's who I would have given the ball on the 4th and 3. Worst case scenario, WO gets the ball back on the 1 or 2 yard line. They can't kneel from there. 

That's just me talking out of my rear-end though. I am no coach. I can't criticize, I can only make opinions and fabricate stuff in my mind. Ultimately I just want them to get it figured out. 

6 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Idk. He picked against us last week and it didn't work in our favor. 

I don't know what to expect. Both teams have been playing very inconsistent. You guys have played a much tougher schedule though. Hard to say how bad the White Oak loss is with them only playing 2 games. 

7 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I don't know what to expect. Both teams have been playing very inconsistent. You guys have played a much tougher schedule though. Hard to say how bad the White Oak loss is with them only playing 2 games. 

Nah we've  been pretty consistent. Inconsistency at this point would be a treat. 

2 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Idk man. I'm not a coach, so I can't take it too far. All I do know is, I have watched some really great coaches in high school football over the years, and the thing that seemed to separate them from the rest, was how they faced adversity such as Atlanta faced at the end of the game Friday. Put the ball in the hands of your playmakers. 

The Gladewater/Gilmer game of 2014 is the ultimate prime example. Nobody in there right mind hands the ball off on a HB draw in that situation. The only difference is, there wasn't really any doubt who the best athlete on the field was. Both teams had stellar athletes, but if you were to make an argument for who was the best, I don't think you could take that away from Kris Boyd. 

Now, #5 is obviously (if there was any doubt, there's not after the past 2 weeks) the playmaker we rely on. But in this game, #12 and #30 really got us back in the game. Why #30 wasn't playing the first 3 quarters, I'm not sure. He wasn't a speedster by any means, but with his size, he could definitely soften up a defensive front, and he did. He allowed #12 to really get us into a position to tie the game. That's who I would have given the ball on the 4th and 3. Worst case scenario, WO gets the ball back on the 1 or 2 yard line. They can't kneel from there. 

That's just me talking out of my rear-end though. I am no coach. I can't criticize, I can only make opinions and fabricate stuff in my mind. Ultimately I just want them to get it figured out. 

The offensive play calling has been pretty suspect this year. Almost as if we're calling plays but don't have the players to execute those plays. Every time #4 tried to throw the ball it was a 10+ yard heave and a prayer. Something else that seemed odd to me watching the video feed was that we seemed really slow and I know we have more speed than what we showed against WO.

One thing that you said that I totally agree with is about adversity. How you respond when you're down or something doesn't go your way. Our teams the past few seasons don't seem to want to fight when they get punched in the face.

12 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

I missed 2 picks last week. Not bad. Just so happens one was the Sabine/NB game. Wasn’t a terrible pick though cause it looks like they gave yall a little trouble. 

Yeah we aren’t tackling well. They also came out throwing the ball which I wasn’t expecting to see based on what I had heard.  

1 minute ago, Bclove05 said:

He can scramble, but has made some mistakes when pressured as well. 

About the only thing Atlanta has going for them is they're good at pressuring the QB. 

Offensively we have a stud RB but he hasn't played since the first drive against L-E so, who knows if he'll dress out. 

9 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

About the only thing Atlanta has going for them is they're good at pressuring the QB. 

Offensively we have a stud RB but he hasn't played since the first drive against L-E so, who knows if he'll dress out. 

Injury problems or attitude problems? I know he’s gotten a few unsportsmanlike conducts