Sabine @ Atlanta - 10/2

H3llR4z0r

Sabine vs. Atlanta - 10/2  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Sabine Cardinals
    • Atlanta Rabbits

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2020 at 12:30 AM

Surprised by this one. Have watched several Atlanta games on video this year and they were terrible.   Good for them for showing up ready to play.  

on the other side, have watched 3 Sabine games on video and sure though they would handle Atlanta. I thought Atlanta looked to be the more individually talented team, but Sabine played better as a team going into tonight. 

cant wait to watch the video 

1 minute ago, Eagle1986 said:

Surprised by this one. Have watched several Atlanta games on video this year and they were terrible.   Good for them for showing up ready to play.  

on the other side, have watched 3 Sabine games on video and sure though they would handle Atlanta. I thought Atlanta looked to be the more individually talented team, but Sabine played better as a team going into tonight. 

cant wait to watch the video 

Atlanta was fully healthy. They had players we haven’t seen all year and looked to have the right people in the right places tonight. As for as Sabine we aren’t executing on offense at all.

Sabine didn't throw the ball near as much as I expected them to, and Atlanta's front 7 have been pretty stout this season. Very good at getting penetration. 

#5 showed why he's so important. #9 is our bruiser, and we haven't had him all year. It's kind of funny, the only carry by a RB that's played the last 2 weeks, fumbled the ball. 

Gotta figure out a way to get some form of passing game going, but overall they just pounded Sabine's front 7 all night. Atlanta sustained some real lengthy drives in the 2nd half and controlled the clock, something Atlanta really hasn't done in years. 

It was a good game though. Sabine jumped out to a 14-0 lead in the first quarter, and I was like..  here we go again. Defense stepped up, and Atlanta went on a 28 point run. 1-5 doesn't sound so bad .. I guess ..

35 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Sabine didn't throw the ball near as much as I expected them to, and Atlanta's front 7 have been pretty stout this season. Very good at getting penetration. 

#5 showed why he's so important. #9 is our bruiser, and we haven't had him all year. It's kind of funny, the only carry by a RB that's played the last 2 weeks, fumbled the ball. 

Gotta figure out a way to get some form of passing game going, but overall they just pounded Sabine's front 7 all night. Atlanta sustained some real lengthy drives in the 2nd half and controlled the clock, something Atlanta really hasn't done in years. 

It was a good game though. Sabine jumped out to a 14-0 lead in the first quarter, and I was like..  here we go again. Defense stepped up, and Atlanta went on a 28 point run. 1-5 doesn't sound so bad .. I guess ..

1-5 isn’t too bad. Hopefully 1-6 won’t sound bad either 👀👀

27 minutes ago, CoachCarright said:

Once again a typical Rex Sharp team.  The same play over and over.  No adjustments.  O-line  and D - line coach’s have no experience. DC only got the job bc his dad gave it to him. Rex goes to JH games because the JH program is so bad.  It’s just a poorly ran program. The kids deserve better.  Might as well role them a basketball in two weeks. 

Basketball will get knocked out early too

On 10/3/2020 at 5:53 PM, CoachCarright said:

Once again a typical Rex Sharp team.  The same play over and over.  No adjustments.  O-line  and D - line coach’s have no experience. DC only got the job bc his dad gave it to him. Rex goes to JH games because the JH program is so bad.  It’s just a poorly ran program. The kids deserve better.  Might as well role them a basketball in two weeks. 

You better watch your mouth when it comes to talking about the OL/DL coaches there at Sabine. Those guys are really good friends of mine and have plenty of experience. It's tough to replace 4 starters on the OL but I am not making excuses. What vendetta do you have against Rex Sharp? He not only took Sabine to the playoffs, and won a district championship, but won a playoff game there, a feat that hasn't happened EVER and now people like YOU wanna come out and bash folks like you're gods gift to football. I've tried to stay quiet about this but enough is enough. You will never challenge a coaches integrity while I am on here. Keep doing your day job and let the coaches do their jobs. People like you make me sick to my stomach and I bet that you probably didn't play football in HS anyway so this is a moot point.

6 minutes ago, BlackcatBearkat74 said:

You better watch your mouth when it comes to talking about the OL/DL coaches there at Sabine. Those guys are really good friends of mine and have plenty of experience. It's tough to replace 4 starters on the OL but I am not making excuses. What vendetta do you have against Rex Sharp? He not only took Sabine to the playoffs, and won a district championship, but won a playoff game there, a feat that hasn't happened EVER and now people like YOU wanna come out and bash folks like you're gods gift to football. I've tried to stay quiet about this but enough is enough. You will never challenge a coaches integrity while I am on here. Keep doing your day job and let the coaches do their jobs. People like you make me sick to my stomach and I bet that you probably didn't play football in HS anyway so this is a moot point.

speak your mind let him have it

On 10/3/2020 at 5:53 PM, CoachCarright said:

You're reaching for just about anything, huh? Allow me to explain. 

First, let's set the record straight. You obviously go to every Sabine football game, right? If not, you're watching the games online then? That, or you have a friend at Sabine who gives you a post-game synopsis after each game, and then you're gettin' on Smoaky and talkin' like you were there? Whatever the scenario, it's obvious you're obsessed with Sabine, particularly obsessed with pointing out Sabine's faults or shortcomings, even more so towards Coach Sharp. 

Three years ago, Coach Sharp took over a football program that was one of the worst football programs in the entire state of Texas, regardless of classification. Sabine football had never won a district title, nor had they ever won a single playoff game. Let me repeat that, Sabine football had not won a SINGLE playoff game in the entire existence of the school. Do you know how hard that is to do? It's almost impossible. Bad teams find their way in to the playoffs every year, and you'd think that at some point one of those Sabine football teams could have mustered a playoff victory. Nope. Never. 

Now, I'm sure even you can imagine how "unappealing" of a football job Sabine would represent to just about anybody, given Sabine's track record in the sport. I mean, how could one ever turn that thing around and start winning? Especially when you consider the UIL didn't do Sabine any favors at all when realignment moved Sabine into a district with Gladewater, West Rusk, White Oak, Tatum, Mineola, and Winnsboro. How in the world was Sabine supposed to win 2 district games, let alone make playoffs?? Paying attention? Listen close, here we go...While 99% of football coaches out there wouldn't have touched Sabine's HC position with a 30 foot stick, Rex Sharp said sign me up!

In just his 3rd year as HC/AD, Coach Sharp leads Sabine to a 10-2 record, a share of the district title, and a playoff victory over none other than Art Briles' Mount Vernon Tigers. Sabine was defeated by Pottsboro in a tough battle (47-35) in the 2nd round of the playoffs and Pottsboro advanced all the way to the state title game. 

Sabine was named by Dave Campbell's Magazine as one of the fastest rising football programs in the entire state of Texas, regardless of classification, at the beginning of this season. 

Sabine football has more respect today around East Texas and the entire state of Texas than ever before in the history of the school's existence. 

Sabine football has gone from a team you could sleep-walk against and still beat by 50, to a team that requires your A-game to beat. 

Now, let's talk about this year! Sabine is replacing a HUGE senior class off last year's team. They lost the QB (3 year starter), who was probably the best QB in East-Texas, they lost 4 of 5 offensive linemen (most were 3 year starters), they lost every single receiver (most were 3 year starters), they lost a stud RB, they lost both safeties (both 3 year starters), the list goes on!

They have battled injuries this season at critical positions. For example, Brent Warren, who was probably the best defensive player on the roster, was injured against Daingerfield and is out for the season. That's not just a loss, that's a massive loss. The best RB on the team, Brannigan Willige, hurt his ankle badly in the very first game of the season against Spring Hill, and is just now returning to his old form. Kile Stripland, an emerging "go-to" receiver early in the season, severely rolled his ankle 3 weeks ago and hasn't been the same since. Just last week against Atlanta, the center was knocked out with a head injury early in the 2nd half and never returned. Then, the QB Jace Burns is slammed to the turf after the whistle and had to leave the game for about 8 plays with an ankle injury. Sabine was driving the ball, down by 7 points, with a chance to tie the game when suddenly you have your back-up center AND QB in the game at the same time. While Jace was on the sideline getting taped up, Sabine turned it over on downs. Atlanta responds by going up 2 scores and putting the game out of reach.

I could go on and on, but I've already written too much so I'll stop there! But this is the stuff you don't know if you simply pick up the newspaper on a Saturday morning, or in your case, text your friend and ask what happened. 

Be careful who you bash on here, especially if you don't know the facts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Wormtongue said:

You're reaching for just about anything, huh? Allow me to explain. 

First, let's set the record straight. You obviously go to every Sabine football game, right? If not, you're watching the games online then? That, or you have a friend at Sabine who gives you a post-game synopsis after each game, and then you're gettin' on Smoaky and talkin' like you were there? Whatever the scenario, it's obvious you're obsessed with Sabine, particularly obsessed with pointing out Sabine's faults or shortcomings, even more so towards Coach Sharp. 

Three years ago, Coach Sharp took over a football program that was one of the worst football programs in the entire state of Texas, regardless of classification. Sabine football had never won a district title, nor had they ever won a single playoff game. Let me repeat that, Sabine football had not won a SINGLE playoff game in the entire existence of the school. Do you know how hard that is to do? It's almost impossible. Bad teams find their way in to the playoffs every year, and you'd think that at some point one of those Sabine football teams could have mustered a playoff victory. Nope. Never. 

Now, I'm sure even you can imagine how "unappealing" of a football job Sabine would represent to just about anybody, given Sabine's track record in the sport. I mean, how could one ever turn that thing around and start winning? Especially when you consider the UIL didn't do Sabine any favors at all when realignment moved Sabine into a district with Gladewater, West Rusk, White Oak, Tatum, Mineola, and Winnsboro. How in the world was Sabine supposed to win 2 district games, let alone make playoffs?? Paying attention? Listen close, here we go...While 99% of football coaches out there wouldn't have touched Sabine's HC position with a 30 foot stick, Rex Sharp said sign me up!

In just his 3rd year as HC/AD, Coach Sharp leads Sabine to a 10-2 record, a share of the district title, and a playoff victory over none other than Art Briles' Mount Vernon Tigers. Sabine was defeated by Pottsboro in a tough battle (47-35) in the 2nd round of the playoffs and Pottsboro advanced all the way to the state title game. 

Sabine was named by Dave Campbell's Magazine as one of the fastest rising football programs in the entire state of Texas, regardless of classification, at the beginning of this season. 

Sabine football has more respect today around East Texas and the entire state of Texas than ever before in the history of the school's existence. 

Sabine football has gone from a team you could sleep-walk against and still beat by 50, to a team that requires your A-game to beat. 

Now, let's talk about this year! Sabine is replacing a HUGE senior class off last year's team. They lost the QB (3 year starter), who was probably the best QB in East-Texas, they lost 4 of 5 offensive linemen (most were 3 year starters), they lost every single receiver (most were 3 year starters), they lost a stud RB, they lost both safeties (both 3 year starters), the list goes on!

They have battled injuries this season at critical positions. For example, Brent Warren, who was probably the best defensive player on the roster, was injured against Daingerfield and is out for the season. That's not just a loss, that's a massive loss. The best RB on the team, Brannigan Willige, hurt his ankle badly in the very first game of the season against Spring Hill, and is just now returning to his old form. Kile Stripland, an emerging "go-to" receiver early in the season, severely rolled his ankle 3 weeks ago and hasn't been the same since. Just last week against Atlanta, the center was knocked out with a head injury early in the 2nd half and never returned. Then, the QB Jace Burns is slammed to the turf after the whistle and had to leave the game for about 8 plays with an ankle injury. Sabine was driving the ball, down by 7 points, with a chance to tie the game when suddenly you have your back-up center AND QB in the game at the same time. While Jace was on the sideline getting taped up, Sabine turned it over on downs. Atlanta responds by going up 2 scores and putting the game out of reach.

I could go on and on, but I've already written too much so I'll stop there! But this is the stuff you don't know if you simply pick up the newspaper on a Saturday morning, or in your case, text your friend and ask what happened. 

Be careful who you bash on here, especially if you don't know the facts.

MIC DROP. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FootballETX95 said:

I'll be holding back judgement right now. I'll wait to see if any adjustments will be made with the offensive plays and play calling. 

I don’t blame you there. I’m confident in the coaches though.